Easy Ways To Lose Weight On Ray

sladerunner69

Would you say though that you should have a certain amount of saturated fat in the diet? I've found my skin is awful dry and I've got terrible acne and I think it's from having fat under 5-10 grams a day

No I don't think try skin or acne could come from low fat, if Im being perfectly honest. The body can convert sugars to saturated fat through a simple mechanism so as long as you are eating enough carbs and getting some cholestrol through a couple eggs or shrimp or liver, all your bases should be coverred. Dry skin/acne seems commonly vitamin A related, have you tried haiduit's retinil product? It is the only vit A supplement I would recommend as I ama fraid all other could be some what contaminated are are generally made with PUFA

superhuman

i agree with @sladerunner69 . Im not sure where the x amount of fat comes from but its more related to the vitamins/minerals in those foods and not the fat. Ive been going months on under 10g total fat intake without any issues

Stop milk
Eat cheese

Stop sugar eat fruits

Eat every day a pound of brccoli
It has 0.2 g pufa

Eat maximum 150 protein

Eat alot of whole wheat toast
Like 20 servings a day with some coconut oil

Stay away from milk or whey protein

Eat a pound of meat
Stay away from muscle meat

Stay positive

Good luck

If u can buy a cow

Then drink her milk

Or dont drink milk

Its full of poisns

Whenever i drink even a cup of milk i feel like crap

Birdie

Some things Ray has said have helped me. He said 1% is the milk he drinks so that he can have a little butter and cream. I listened to an early interview where he gave examples of weight loss with coconut oil. But I think he got less enthusiastic about that or at least didn't emphasize it so much.

I have to stay away from certain foods that stir up a craving. Every so often I try ice cream again and it never works for me.

I drink lots of 1% in milky coffee with sugar. Decaf after breakfast, caf before.
Another thing Ray said is that he has seen people gain weight when they tried to get in every single nutrient. That sure happens to me. I have to not be constantly measuring and focusing on nutrients.

Then, as somebody else said, compulsive eating for entertainment or to bury problems can put on weight. It is so much easier to think...Oooh, I need some food... And hunger really isn't there. Instead, I need to get moving.

I feel so much better not being stuffed. It's along time habit, so for some of us needs a constant effort to take action instead of eating all day. I'm off for a walk. Requires a lot of clothes which is irksome.

paymanz

Good point @Birdie real hunger is not something you think about.

And eating without a hunger certainly doesn't works,at least for me its like that.

superhuman

as always these threads get way out of hand and too much bro science and crap getting posted

Jem Oz

I agree with the posters who say you gotta move. People who say exercise has no/little bearing on weight loss (and it's all about diet) are full of it. The only time I lose weight is when I start smashing out work outs and do intense boxing sessions. I know prolonged physical exertion has negative consequences, I do whatever I can to mediate that (bag breathing, taurine, red light, aspirin, high quality sleep). The positives however: weight loss (I've never ever met an overweight person who was truly happy, content in their bodies, radiating deep self worth, happy about how they looked in clothes, moving freely and unselfconsciously, happy about how they looked and felt whilst making love), muscle tone, the utter thrill from making progress in boxing and earning the praise and respect from my trainers and the pro boxers at the gym. On the diet front, I keep it simple (whilst losing weight) - fat hovers around 20 g a day, high protein (der), lots of oj, watermelon, coke, occasional egg, liver once a week, lots of coffee with gelatine. Obviously it's all n=1 at the end of the day, but this little recipe is working a treat for me as I want to get leaner so I can become a better boxer and fight with lighter dudes. The end.

amethyst

How about just eat GOOD saturated yes, saturated fats in MODERATION and fruits and vegetables and some protein and get non extreme exercise on a regular basis. And don't eat empty snack calories (potato chips, crackers, pop corn etc. etc.) Avoid PUFA as much as possible. Then you will lose weight! Wow, what a concept!

3ball

Man, I've got say, reading this thread is extremely discouraging. I don't see anything on this thread that remotely works. About 7 years ago I lost 40 pounds or so doing Paleo. I felt great, and was very, very happy with the results.

But I started reading Peat and got interested in LF, etc. I have starting trying to incorporate his ideas including several stretches where I was very strict. Every time my weight shoots up, and I don't really see any benefits. I drink my milk, coffee, and oj, eat my aspirin and mushrooms and gelatin and some coconut oil. And I am RAVENOUSLY hungry. I am either miserable or way overeating. Doing Peat has left me 25 pounds heavier and nothing to show for it.

Being "active and on your feet for an hour" does nothing. Thyroid doesn't help. Coconut oil is not slimming. Tropical fruit is not satisfying. Liquid calories don't even make a dent in my hunger. Counting calories only quantifies my hunger. I wish this stuff worked, I really do.

Starting today, with some regret, I'm back on Paleo.

T

tca300

@Jem Oz Martin Berkhan and 100's of his clients would disagree with your " full of it comment " he regularly drops down to 5% body fat and stays there for months with very very little exercise. 3 ( at most ) heavy, very short weight training sessions per week with zero cardio.
562830_10150942642022190_254397007_n.jpeg
17190-mb1.jpg

T

tca300

@3ball Rays diet makes you hungrier because it stimulates metabolism. You gained weight for two reasons
#1 - You refilled your glycogen stores which adds pounds of water to your muscles, which is lost on a low carb diet. ( Which is why on a low carb diet you can lose 5+ lbs within a few days. )
#2 - You let your increased appetite get the better of you and ate more calories than you needed. Its easy to do when your hungry, I get it. Also the unavoidable increase in stress hormones from a low carb diet are great at decreasing appetite.

Last edited by a moderator:

superhuman

what @tca300 said.

I just want to add once and for all, to everyone on the forum in general that are on the lookout for loosing weight.

First of all its all about fat loss, not weight loss. You dont want to loose muscle, skeletal, organ etc etc whatever mass. Thats why you eat enough protein and then carbs and do some resistance training.

Most important of all, you have to track your calories and your weight. Without this you are just shooting in the dark everyday. There is no super food you can add or take away than suddenly you will loose bodyfat. There are things that can do that will have a positive or negative effect on your metabolic rate but if you dont keep track on your everday calories and your weight you have no chance in hell of spotting the trends and knowing if your loosing fat or not and when to adjust.
Its not about a magic number either, this is what amount of calories YOU need to make the changes in your current condition.

squanch

I just want to add once and for all, to everyone on the forum in general that are on the lookout for loosing weight.

First of all its all about fat loss, not weight loss. You dont want to loose muscle, skeletal, organ etc etc whatever mass. Thats why you eat enough protein and then carbs and do some resistance training.

Most important of all, you have to track your calories and your weight. Without this you are just shooting in the dark everyday. There is no super food you can add or take away than suddenly you will loose bodyfat. There are things that can do that will have a positive or negative effect on your metabolic rate but if you dont keep track on your everday calories and your weight you have no chance in hell of spotting the trends and knowing if your loosing fat or not and when to adjust.
Its not about a magic number either, this is what amount of calories YOU need to make the changes in your current condition.

I've said the same thing in different threads here several times. It gets ignored every time.
Most people seem to hate counting calories and tracking food more than being fat for some reason. Of course weird diets like eating nothing but potatoes all day is going to make you lose weight, but it has nothing to do with it being extremely low in fat, it's just almost impossible to eat a large amount of calories this way. Most of the weight lost will also most likely be muscle mass not fat, because people who try to lose weight by eating nothing but potatoes tend to stay away from lifting weights...
The whole idea of trying to lose weight without actually knowing how much you eat is ridiculous.

Last edited:

superhuman

@squanch yupp its very strange but sadly a common theme among many of the "guru" "way of eating" groups where people think its up to something magical pill, potion, food or whatever that is the only thing missing

mirc12354

I have been eating LF/VLF for about 3 1/2 years now and imo my health couldnt really be any better.
I NEVER get sick , I dont experience ongoing fatigue or muscle soreness from even extreme exertion , I have very rare shifts in mood or outlook on life with no signs of aggression , my libido is good , bowel movements are good and by the clock , sleep is excellent ( i use an alarm for peace of mind but if i switch it off i will wake within 15-30 minutes of that time naturally) , i have no worrying skin issues and for someone of my heritage i am quite resilient to sunburn.

I might end up crashing and burning but that is the beauty of it .. experimenting in ways that are outside the box learning what works and what does not by listening to my body

If you could spare the time could you go more into detail as to how you think my "diet" is unhealthy i am always interested in hearing anyones opinion and will take anything into consideration.

Thank you:praying:
Do you find that diet sustainable L/T - do you feel a need to binge eat on fatty stuff on such diet?

Stryker

Do you find that diet sustainable L/T - do you feel a need to binge eat on fatty stuff on such diet?
in the beginning yes i did have weird cravings... but soon found out i just needed more potassiuma.

very sustainable long term yes.

aquaman

Phenibut - 1.25 gram

Daily Phenibut? How long for? I have read some brutal things about Phenibut withdrawals.

I asked Ray about Phenibut:

"I think addiction is a problem except when it’s used for a short treatment. I think piracetam is safer."

3ball

@3ball Rays diet makes you hungrier because it stimulates metabolism. You gained weight for two reasons
#1 - You refilled your glycogen stores which adds pounds of water to your muscles, which is lost on a low carb diet. ( Which is why on a low carb diet you can lose 5+ lbs within a few days. )
#2 - You let your increased appetite get the better of you and ate more calories than you needed. Its easy to do when your hungry, I get it. Also the unavoidable increase in stress hormones from a low carb diet are great at decreasing appetite.

Thanks for your thoughts, and I've read similar things many times before. But...
1.) Yes, this is clearly true. But you are only talking about low carb paleo. Paleo diets that are not low carb do not have this issue. I had no shortage of glycogen when I started doing Peat, and I gain weight anyway. I clearly and obviously gain fat. Repeatedly. More than once. Long term. My reading on this site is that this is a very common effect.
2.) Yes, this is exactly what I'm saying. Peat's principles massively stimulate hunger, certainly in me, and apparently in many if not most people. If it were true, as it's often said, that this increased metabolism would lead to weight LOSS, awesome. But it doesn't work. It is incredibly dis-spiriting to be hungry all the time. That is why counting calories has again and again been shown to be a terrible method for long term weight loss.

I have been reading Peat and reading this site literally for years trying to find a way to do Peat in a long-term sustainable way that helps me be healthy and manage my weight. I have to conclude that it just doesn't exist. Maybe it's just that Peat himself seems to have never struggled with the issue, so it isn't something he has engaged with very much. But so far, answers are not here.

I will continue to check in to see if something comes up. Please let me know if someone finds some answers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals