I am so confused about weight loss

Tansia

switching to primarily starches that are safe for me, lowering sugar (now I don't worry about sugar but it was helpful to minimize it for awhile for fat loss) and having moderate lowish fat.

Masa harina and white rice are my primary starches, well cooked. I do occasionally have a piece of sourdough white bread, but it's not my staple.

I was so fixated on getting calories from sugar, that I was constantly getting endotoxin symptoms from that, and from milk.

I drink some milk now, but not a lot. I don't have endotoxin symptoms very often anymore. And I've lost fat and am at an ideal weight and body composition for me now.
Do you think protein type and amount has had any impact on your weightloss journey as well?

OP
F

FrenchKiwi

I find high starch lowish carbs is magical for fat loss.
I'm just confused how to eat a lot of starch and low car is at the same time. Did you mean low fat? How were you eating before weight loss and what did you change, what does a day of eating look like now?

Herbie

The best way to understand it is to understand the randle cycle. And then figure out which way your body is working.

The other thing is most people are hypothyroid but some people burn fat alot and easy to lose fat and some store it but it's the same disease. I think it's partly due to individual hpta axis.

If you take thyroid, meldonium, niacinamide, aspirin etc you will stop the fat burning and sway the randle cycle to oxidising glucose for energy but once that happens fasting, depriving, enduring will not work at all.

It's unhealthy to lose fat at the speed and in the way that is popular because it's stress on stress on stress.

I haven't tried it but dnp is possibly the best way but dangerous/illegal.

cremes

I haven't tried it but dnp is possibly the best way but dangerous/illegal.
There are some forum threads on using a combo of caffeine and aspirin to mimic the uncoupling behavior of DNP. My recollection is 3g aspirin with 300mg caffeine divided into 3 doses per day every 4-6 hours.

Supposedly similar uncoupling without the danger of cooking your brain like with DNP.

I'm just confused how to eat a lot of starch and low car is at the same time. Did you mean low fat? How were you eating before weight loss and what did you change, what does a day of eating look like now?
I don’t eat low carb. I eat high carb.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Can anyone here help me understand how to eat in a way that helps me lise weight without constant portion control or hunger? I find fruit makes me hungry, fat free makes me hungry. I am just hungry if I want to lose weight. There isn't much discussion about weight problems but I hope someone can respond
I would recommend the Metabolic Typing diet to find out what macronutrient ratios are right for you. The book has a link to the questionnaire and explains everything. If you DM me I can send you the questionnaire and once you send me back your scores I can tell you what your type's macro ratios are. It has worked really well for all of the people I know that have tried it and stuck to it relatively well.

Peatful

small daily caloric deficit
CICO?
That’s been debunked

tons of protein
Carnivore like?
and finding comfort in being a bit hungry.
A way to downgrade your metabolism?
I would recommend the Metabolic Typing diet to find out what macronutrient ratios are right for you. The book has a link to the questionnaire and explains everything. If you DM me I can send you the questionnaire and once you send me back your scores I can tell you what your type's macro ratios are. It has worked really well for all of the people I know that have tried it and stuck to it relatively well.
you’re a health consultant by profession

Does this have to be done through you?

Is this data readily accessible for free through Google?

Jonk

My only advice would be don't be afraid of experimenting. You should be expecting to fail over and over again, and learn from that and move on to the next thing. Also be open to what works today might not tomorrow, and vice versa.

I am currently eating high carb, low fat, low protein. One thing I can say is, that it's really hard for me to eat a surplus of calories this way. Easy way of feeling satiated, probably helps that I get a lot of salt also.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
CICO?
That’s been debunked

Carnivore like?

A way to downgrade your metabolism?

you’re a health consultant by profession

Does this have to be done through you?

Is this data readily accessible for free through Google?
I can help you figure out your metabolic type if you don't want to buy the book. The book is a good read though. They also have an online MT test for 50bucks that you can do. I've done that also, it's worth the cash IMO. But the book has link go their questionnaire and instructions on what to do with your result.

OP
F

FrenchKiwi

My only advice would be don't be afraid of experimenting. You should be expecting to fail over and over again, and learn from that and move on to the next thing. Also be open to what works today might not tomorrow, and vice versa.

I am currently eating high carb, low fat, low protein. One thing I can say is, that it's really hard for me to eat a surplus of calories this way. Easy way of feeling satiated, probably helps that I get a lot of salt also.
What were you eating before this low fat experiment? So do you eat potatoes, rice, vegetables and fruits? What about low fat dairy or beans

Herbie

@cremes

I've taken 3-5 grams of aspirin and minimum 1000mg of caffeine a day for most of the year and didn't lose fat plus taking thyroid and meldonium.

Peater

@cremes

I've taken 3-5 grams of aspirin and minimum 1000mg of caffeine a day for most of the year and didn't lose fat plus taking thyroid and meldonium.

It's so strange how these 'sure thing' fat loss regimes just don't work for some people. That's not meant to disparage or condescend, I genuinely don't get it.

cremes

Interesting that aspirin + caffeine doesn’t have uncoupling effects in all cases. This may be a situation where DNP is superior but perhaps it also doesn’t work in all cases plus you have added danger of overdose.

My notes from this forum also indicate aspirin + glycine are synergistic.

Notes say caffeine provides a 5x multiplier to aspirin while glycine is a 3x multiplier.

Shrug. Try glycine next? I definitely wouldn’t go above 5g of aspirin a day.

Jonk

What were you eating before this low fat experiment? So do you eat potatoes, rice, vegetables and fruits? What about low fat dairy or beans
I've tried a bunch of variations and they overlap somewhat, but my latest experiment was having no starch, eating mostly fruits, juice, gelatinous cuts of beef, eggs etc. Different amounts of fat from different sources such as butter and tallow. In the beginning of finding Peat I tried a bunch of variations of milk and dairy, but had to eventually give it up. I've never been big on beans, for no particular reason other than not really craving them.

I might add that I do add a tsp of coconut oil to most of my cooking.

tasfarelel

Low fat beef as steak or burger steak makes me most satiated. My bodybuilding coach put me once on a diet with 4 meals, each meal 250g meat + a very small amount of carbs from potatoes or beet root. Together this was ~2000kcal, while my maintenance is above 3000kcal. I had zero hunger and difficulties eating the last meal.

One other thing helps me with satiety - each meal should be super tasty.

mostlylurking

It's so strange how these 'sure thing' fat loss regimes just don't work for some people. That's not meant to disparage or condescend, I genuinely don't get it.
The body uses fat to store toxins in and if you knock yourself out and actually manage to reduce the fat those toxins get released and can wreak havoc with your health. In addition to PUFA and estrogen that are stored in the fat, environmental toxins (including heavy metals) get parked there too.

Detoxing the body can make fat loss a lot easier and a lot safer too. Focusing on liver health would be beneficial. Many times, it isn't the fat that makes you unhealthy; it's being unhealthy that makes you fat.

I remember when I was detoxed (for heavy metals mainly) in 1994, no focus was put on weight loss although I was put on a very strict diet. I lost around 34 pounds in 2 weeks and was left with bat wings hanging off my upper arms. It made quite an impression on me.

Peater

The body uses fat to store toxins in and if you knock yourself out and actually manage to reduce the fat those toxins get released and can wreak havoc with your health. In addition to PUFA and estrogen that are stored in the fat, environmental toxins (including heavy metals) get parked there too.

Detoxing the body can make fat loss a lot easier and a lot safer too. Focusing on liver health would be beneficial. Many times, it isn't the fat that makes you unhealthy; it's being unhealthy that makes you fat.

I remember when I was detoxed (for heavy metals mainly) in 1994, no focus was put on weight loss although I was put on a very strict diet. I lost around 34 pounds in 2 weeks and was left with bat wings hanging off my upper arms. It made quite an impression on me.

Very interesting thanks - a good reminder that liver health is so important.

LLight

Good post 👍

Jennifer

Can anyone here help me understand how to eat in a way that helps me lise weight without constant portion control or hunger? I find fruit makes me hungry, fat free makes me hungry. I am just hungry if I want to lose weight. There isn't much discussion about weight problems but I hope someone can respond

Have you tried a diet fairly balanced in all 3 macros? I have a history of never feeling satiated and after experimenting for years, I find what I feel my healthiest and most satisfied on, and actually enjoy my meals (just as important, IMO), is a fairly equal amount of all 3 macros. I’ve been tracking my food intake on cronometer for about 20 years now and the times I’ve averaged around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat, I’ve been satisfied on much less food. The worst for me is high-carb, low-protein and low-fat fruit-based and root-based diets. I averaged over 3,000 calories daily and still felt ravenous after meals. On 40/30/30, I only need around 2,500 calories. For context, I’m 5’1” and train for 1 hour 3x a week

Tansia

Thanks @mostlylurking for this reminder. I think the question is how to detox if this is the issue, especially for PUFA and estrogen if all mentioned in this forum solutions failed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals