Easy Ways To Lose Weight On Ray

DaveFoster

Personally I felt as though any amount of t4 didn't improve how I felt in anyway
I see; have you gotten bloodwork to measure your free T4?

EIRE24

right now ,
low fat milk
potatoes
jasmine white rice
caprylric acid
beef liver
red bull
strawberry nesquick
coffee
How many grams of fat a day? Also, does that nesquick not have iron fortification?

scarlettsmum

Don't overeat. Learn to eat only until you're not hungry anymore. This is the main thing. People chronically overeat for various reasons that are primarily psychological. I think they mostly interpret the stress of boredom as prompt for eating. The correct solution is to eliminate the boredom.

The second thing is physical activity. I don't know anyone totally sedentary who doesn't at least have a potbelly. Ray Peat has a gut, though I grant you he's geriatric. If you want to be relatively lean you're at least going to have to walk daily, or something like that.

I don't think diet composition tricks really enter into it for any significant number of people. It's simply: Don't stuff your face, and spend a good hour a day up on your feet moving about.
I have to agree with the this. It's so important not to overeat as well as not snacking when not hungry, not even fruit or a piece of chocolate. Always wait for hunger first. For me also it is avoiding raising my blood sugar too much. For example if I'm hungry and eat fruit on its own, I'm even hungrier, so now I pair it up with a slice or two of low fat cheese. Check out book called "Don't go hungry for life." Helped me a lot with eating only when hungry.

superhuman

I have to agree with the this. It's so important not to overeat as well as not snacking when not hungry, not even fruit or a piece of chocolate. Always wait for hunger first. For me also it is avoiding raising my blood sugar too much. For example if I'm hungry and eat fruit on its own, I'm even hungrier, so now I pair it up with a slice or two of low fat cheese. Check out book called "Don't go hungry for life." Helped me a lot with eating only when hungry.

I agree with you. I have not read the book so probably they talk about it in there. But eating only when hungry is very loose in terms of what hunger is. For a obese person or overweight that can just be growling in stomach or other odd habit things that are not hunger at all just social triggers or other things. If you are someone that is high stressed and driven by allot of cortisol and adrenaline you will seldom feel hunger since you are using fat as fuel instead of sugar meaning you will have alot of energy present all the time and this suppress appetite and all other cues associated with good health in RP world.

scarlettsmum

I agree with you. I have not read the book so probably they talk about it in there. But eating only when hungry is very loose in terms of what hunger is. For a obese person or overweight that can just be growling in stomach or other odd habit things that are not hunger at all just social triggers or other things. If you are someone that is high stressed and driven by allot of cortisol and adrenaline you will seldom feel hunger since you are using fat as fuel instead of sugar meaning you will have alot of energy present all the time and this suppress appetite and all other cues associated with good health in RP world.
Yes, that's true. I guess it depends on the person, how in tune they are with their body. I can definitely tell when my hunger is suppressed by stress hormones or when it is a genuine hunger. The book is huge and quite in depth and explains it very well. Matt Stone recommends it as a post-recovery book after metabolism has been repaired. However I think it is applicable always since I don't believe in overfeeding to start with unless appetite calls for it which is again going back to the book and listening to your body.

Stryker

I see; have you gotten bloodwork to measure your free T4?
Nah I havnt
How many grams of fat a day? Also, does that nesquick not have iron fortification?
Nope but I just found out that it is coloured with Carmine which could contain aluminium and I will have to look into that

On average id say I consume about 45 grams of which 1.8 grams are PUFA

EIRE24

Nah I havnt

Nope but I just found out that it is coloured with Carmine which could contain aluminium and I will have to look into that

That nesquick stuff is so nice. I love it.

Sounds good. I always get confused with low fat. I'd always take it to be around 10 grams which I think is far too low.

A.R

right now ,
low fat milk
potatoes
jasmine white rice
caprylric acid
beef liver
red bull
strawberry nesquick
coffee

pretty much , i have occasional chicken breast and trim cut beef steaks ..
the milk i use is 64g protein per liter
so 3 litres a day supplies much more than enough protein for me
aswell as 5.2g of calcium.. which i find is a often overlooked nutrient for weight loss

daily ones that i will continue to use based on positive outcomes and worth the cost have been
tyronene
Kuinone
androsterone

magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate
Allithiamine

Phenibut
Mildronate
acteyl L-Tyrosine

tyronene - 16mcg
Kuinone - 3mg
androsterone - 3 mg

magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate - 300mg
Allithiamine - 50mg

Phenibut - 1.25 gram
Mildronate - 1 gram
acteyl L-Tyrosine between 350mg and 1.5 grams ...depends

This seems like a very impressive warrior diet regime going on :cool:

Excellent, and well done! Hope you stay going strong with this.

Have you ever in your life been obese or lost a lot of weight?

Stryker

This seems like a very impressive warrior diet regime going on :cool:

Excellent, and well done! Hope you stay going strong with this.

Have you ever in your life been obese or lost a lot of weight?
Thank you , I don't think I have ever Been above 10 % body fat except for very early childhood of course

milk

Get a high calcium to phosphate ratio. Ray says this. And keep the fat low. Once I got my calcium-to-phosphate ratio up, I started shedding pounds, about 1.5 lb /week. Doesn't mean you can eat fat with impunity. You have to keep that relatively low, but I don't watch it closely, but I do watch calcium-to-phosphate ratio closely.

What does this mean in practice? Just drink a lot of milk?

If I drink more than one quart I get diarrhea. But I guess I could slowly get accustomed to a higher milk intake.

zztr

Uhh, any video or picture of him from recent years? I just used image search to check, and yep, he's got noticeable abdominal fat. Form your own opinion.

CoolTweetPete

Uhh, any video or picture of him from recent years? I just used image search to check, and yep, he's got noticeable abdominal fat. Form your own opinion.

Opinion formed.

Ray-Peat-W.jpg

DrJ

What does this mean in practice? Just drink a lot of milk?

If I drink more than one quart I get diarrhea. But I guess I could slowly get accustomed to a higher milk intake.

Not exactly. A lot of cheeses have a much higher calcium to phosphate ratio than milk. See this:

Calcium-Phosphorous Ratio Of Cheeses

So, you want to get high calcium and low phosphate. Phosphate comes from things like grains, legumes, and dark-colored sodas, muscle meat, and probably a lot of prepared/convenience foods because of its use in preservatives.

Regina

Nah I havnt

and carrageenan. But otherwise great regimen

T

tca300

@Stryker Is there a reason you dont eat much, sucrose/fructose? It looks like the vast majority of your carbohydrates are from glucose and galactose.

papaya

Not exactly. A lot of cheeses have a much higher calcium to phosphate ratio than milk. See this:

Calcium-Phosphorous Ratio Of Cheeses

So, you want to get high calcium and low phosphate. Phosphate comes from things like grains, legumes, and dark-colored sodas, muscle meat, and probably a lot of prepared/convenience foods because of its use in preservatives.
would adding some eggshell calcium in cottage cheese help, or is the point for the cal phos ratio to be naturally occurring in the food?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
would adding some eggshell calcium in cottage cheese help, or is the point for the cal phos ratio to be naturally occurring in the food?
That's what I do.
ETA: just for improved calcium to phosphorus ratio.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals