Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

Watson350

Hi Haidut,

My fiancé has borderline personality disorder, do you have any dose recommendations based on that?

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster @Koveras
I wanted to post this here with links to frequent posters hoping this might help someone....here is the content of a recent string of emails between haidut and me about cyproheptadine, thyroid, etc. Since this is a cut/paste from email, must read from the bottom up.

I am only 2 days into this (only took 1 mg about an hour before bed last night), but I notice vast improvement in sleep and GI issues already. I forgot to add I have taken digestive enzymes every meal as well for years since I no longer have a gallbladder. I will try to post again in a few days. I don't use the word miracle in a frivolous way, but this comes close. Hopefully the benefits continue indefinitely.

On Friday, April 13, 2018 IdeaLabs Customer Service wrote:

I think you should definitely post this on the forum. Quite a few people there struggle with GI issues, usually related to stress, so they would be quite interested in hearing your experience.

Glen Fuller
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 12:02:52 AM
To: IdeaLabs Customer Service
Subject: Re: Thyroid ? From Texon at raypeatforum

Amazing. Thanks for the idea about relora and the link to cortisol. I have to say, I tried 1 mg cypro (Rx 4 mg tabs) last night having never taken more than a very small amount out of concern it would be a negative experience like benadryl. I can't remember when I had such a good nights sleep. Plus, some stomach discomfort after dinner went away, and I was able to eat some things today that would normally give me trouble. I also felt warmer all day but never took my temperature to confirm it. And, to top it off, my normal job stress did not impact me the way it usually does. So the idea about cyproheptadine antagonism of cortisol, serotonin, anti inflammatory and the like is making sense. I have to think also some regular methyl B12 has benefited also. But, in all it seems the cypro is helping somehow in numerous but very subway ways. Maybe I should post this on the forum.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Thursday, April 12, 2018 IdeaLabs Customer Service wrote:

Most gastric ulcers not due to H. pylori infection are due to excessive cortisol, hence the quote in that link that 93% of race horses have ulcers. So, in addition to this product you can also try another herbal one called Relora, which was also shown in animal models to rapidly heal ulcers. Google for "relora" for more info.

Glen Fuller
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 12:42:07 AM

Good advice. They have more fear about thyroid than any of the killer drugs advertised all over the place these days.

If my latest attempts don't work, I am going to try this next no kidding.

Jeremiah's Ulcer Repulser™

Heck I may give it a try anyway since all the ingredients are very safe.

On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 IdeaLabs Customer Service wrote:

Wow, did not know about Armor. I guess the doctors would do just about anything before they consider thyroid dysfunction as an issue. PPI and SSRI pills seem to be the go to treatment for any malady.

I would stick with cypro for a week or two and take a break every 2 weeks or so but if it is helping then I would use it in lower doses (1mg-2mg) daily. A grain of NDT would likely not hurt even according to the paranoid medical standards but I would still let the doctor know, just in case he has anything informative to say.

Glen Fuller
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:47:58 PM

By the way don't know if you had heard but Armour is now on some kind of physician watch list called Beers that identifies high risk drugs for anyone at 65 or older. Armour is listed as such, and I just got turned down for a trial of it the other day due to my age and the fact that "my thyroid numbers are in line."

Hi Glen,

I think TyroMax (our NDT product) would be the most benign to try first. Most people seem to respond well to 6-7 drops daily (1 grain) but some take up to the full 20 drop dose (3 grains) in divided daily doses.

Vitamins B1&B2 help the liver excrete estrogen and maybe even some antiserotonin like cypro can be tried if you have symptoms of serotonin excess like poor digestion, IBS, mood swings, agitation, nervousness, etc. Of course, I would advise asking a doctor first before doing any of these.

Just my 2c.

--Georgi

Glen Fuller
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:46:34 PM
To:
Subject:
Thyroid ? From Texon at raypeatforum

Haidut hope your day is going well.

Of all the thyroid supps you have, what in your opinion would be the least intensive one to aid an increase in my metabolic rate/body temp? Morning temps consistently range high 96s to low 97s. Had one episode where I took a very small amount of cytomel/t3 one morning and temp fell to 95!

Have a Rx for synthroid but have not refilled it or used it consistently. Had Rx for Armour quite a while ago, and it seemed to help initially but I developed some odd sensitivity to it and stopped it. Recent testing showed high range t3, low range t4 (about 70 iirc) and tsh of 1.5. Just took temp midday and it was 97* F. I do take Tcyp injectable 25 mgs e3d and higher dose methyl B12 due to malabsorption and elevated homocysteine issues, but it has been tough to find the right dose. Also have very slow breakdown of stress neurotransmitters due to COMT snps etc., inefficient E2 clearance and glutamate/gaba imbalances due to COMT snps so caffeine and other stimulants can be difficult to tolerate. Tried pregnenolone a long time ago, and it was too stimulating.

FWIW, I had a pretty severe head trauma about 28 years ago from a car wreck followed by tryptophan sickness/EMS a year later. Wonder if the effects from those are still lingering.

I appreciate any suggestions you might have, as I think everything points to thyroid in the end even some childhood things I recall. My body weight is ideal, and I was typically underweight until age 20's onward. I have never been overweight. Outwardly I appear extremely healthy like someone 15- 20 years younger than my age. I will be 67 this September.

Wow, did not know about Armor. I guess the doctors would do just about anything before they consider thyroid dysfunction as an issue. PPI and SSRI pills seem to be the go to treatment for any malady.

I would stick with cypro for a week or two and take a break every 2 weeks or so but if it is helping then I would use it in lower doses (1mg-2mg) daily. A grain of NDT would likely not hurt even according to the paranoid medical standards but I would still let the doctor know, just in case he has anything informative to say.

Glen Fuller
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:47:58 PM

By the way don't know if you had heard but Armour is now on some kind of physician watch list called Beers that identifies high risk drugs for anyone at 65 or older. Armour is listed as such, and I just got turned down for a trial of it the other day due to my age and the fact that "my thyroid numbers are in line."

Hi Glen,

I think TyroMax (our NDT product) would be the most benign to try first. Most people seem to respond well to 6-7 drops daily (1 grain) but some take up to the full 20 drop dose (3 grains) in divided daily doses.

Vitamins B1&B2 help the liver excrete estrogen and maybe even some antiserotonin like cypro can be tried if you have symptoms of serotonin excess like poor digestion, IBS, mood swings, agitation, nervousness, etc. Of course, I would advise asking a doctor first before doing any of these.

Just my 2c.

--Georgi

Glen Fuller
To:
Subject: Thyroid ? From Texon at raypeatforum

Of all the thyroid supps you have, what in your opinion would be the least intensive one to aid an increase in my metabolic rate/body temp? Morning temps consistently range high 96s to low 97s. Had one episode where I took a very small amount of cytomel/t3 one morning and temp fell to 95!

Have a Rx for synthroid but have not refilled it or used it consistently. Had Rx for Armour quite a while ago, and it seemed to help initially but I developed some odd sensitivity to it and stopped it. Recent testing showed high range t3, low range t4 (about 70 iirc) and tsh of 1.5. Just took temp midday and it was 97* F. I do take Tcyp injectable 25 mgs e3d and higher dose methyl B12 due to malabsorption and elevated homocysteine issues, but it has been tough to find the right dose. Also have very slow breakdown of stress neurotransmitters due to COMT snps etc., inefficient E2 clearance and glutamate/gaba imbalances due to COMT snps so caffeine and other stimulants can be difficult to tolerate. Tried pregnenolone a long time ago, and it was too stimulating.

FWIW, I had a pretty severe head trauma about 28 years ago from a car wreck followed by tryptophan sickness/EMS a year later. Wonder if the effects from those are still lingering.

I appreciate any suggestions you might have, as I think everything points to thyroid in the end even some childhood things I recall. My body weight is ideal, and I was typically underweight until age 20's onward. I have never been overweight. Outwardly I appear extremely healthy like someone 15- 20 years younger than my age. I will be 67 this September.

Thank you. Many antidepressants lower gut inflammation and cause constipation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texon

@DaveFoster @Koveras
I wanted to post this here with links to frequent posters hoping this might help someone....here is the content of a recent string of emails between haidut and me about cyproheptadine, thyroid, etc. Since this is a cut/paste from email, must read from the bottom up.

I am only 2 days into this (only took 1 mg about an hour before bed last night), but I notice vast improvement in sleep and GI issues already. I forgot to add I have taken digestive enzymes every meal as well for years since I no longer have a gallbladder. I will try to post again in a few days. I don't use the word miracle in a frivolous way, but this comes close. Hopefully the benefits continue indefinitely.

I think you should definitely post this on the forum. Quite a few people there struggle with GI issues, usually related to stress, so they would be quite interested in hearing your experience.

Sent:
Friday, April 13, 2018 12:02:52 AM

Amazing. Thanks for the idea about relora and the link to cortisol. I have to say, I tried 1 mg cypro (Rx 4 mg tabs) last night having never taken more than a very small amount out of concern it would be a negative experience like benadryl. I can't remember when I had such a good nights sleep. Plus, s
@Texon hit edit and go through and remove your email links in your post that you copied. The last thing you want is more spam from website crawlers

I see it about 6 times
@Texon hit edit and go through and remove your email links in your post that you copied. The last thing you want is more spam from website crawlers

I see it about 6 times

ome stomach discomfort after dinner went away, and I was able to eat some things today that would normally give me trouble. I also felt warmer all day but never took my temperature to confirm it. And, to top it off, my normal job stress did not impact me the way it usually does. So the idea about cyproheptadine antagonism of cortisol, serotonin, anti inflammatory and the like is making sense. I have to think also some regular methyl B12 has benefited also. But, in all it seems the cypro is helping somehow in numerous but very subway ways. Maybe I should post this on the forum.

Most gastric ulcers not due to H. pylori infection are due to excessive cortisol, hence the quote in that link that 93% of race horses have ulcers. So, in addition to this product you can also try another herbal one called Relora, which was also shown in animal models to rapidly heal ulcers. Google for "relora" for more info.

Sent:
Thursday, April 12, 2018 12:42:07 AM

Good advice. They have more fear about thyroid than any of the killer drugs advertised all over the place these days.

Sent:
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:47:58 PM

Hi G,

Just my 2c.

--Georgi

Sent:
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:46:34 PM
To:
Subject:

Sent:

Hi G,

Just my 2c.

--Georgi

To:
Subject:

@DaveFoster @Koveras

Sent:
Friday, April 13, 2018 12:02:52 AM

Amazing. Thanks for the idea about relora and the link to cortisol. I have to say, I tried 1 mg cypro (Rx 4 mg tabs) last night having never taken more than a very small amount out of concern it would be a negative experience like benadryl. I can't remember when I had such a good nights sleep. Plus, some stomach discomfort after dinner went away, and I was able to eat some things today that would normally give me trouble. I also felt warmer all day but never took my temperature to confirm it. And, to top it off, my normal job stress did not impact me the way it usually does. So the idea about cyproheptadine antagonism of cortisol, serotonin, anti inflammatory and the like is making sense. I have to think also some regular methyl B12 has benefited also. But, in all it seems the cypro is helping somehow in numerous but very subway ways. Maybe I should post this on the forum.

Sent:
Thursday, April 12, 2018 12:42:07 AM

Sent:

Hi G,

Just my 2c.

--Georgi

Sent:
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:46:34 PM
To:
Subject:

Sent:

Hi G,

Just my 2c.

--Georgi

Glen Fuller
To:
Subject:

I see it about 6 times
Well for some reason I have lost the edit button

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckytype

Thanks. Hopefully I'm not missing the obvious somehow. Have a great day!
No youre good, I think the edit function disappears after a certain amount of time. Your email is still showing on the previous page maybe direct message and/tag@Blossom and be sure to use the @ symbol and see if she can trim that one for you.

Ive had the worst experiences with a work email being posted online and I was hammered by spam that would even sneak past the filters.

Thanks for including your correspondence too man

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom do you think you could help him out here and take his email address out of his post above for anti spam purposes?
I think I got the full name edited out but if I missed something please let me know. Y'all can tag charlie too since one of us is usually around. I just happened to be out of town yesterday so sorry for the delay!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, is there any reason to mention cyproheptadine as the go-to anti-serotonin chemical rather than metergoline?

My only reason is that there are quite a few vendors for cyproheptadine while we are probably the only retail one for metergoline as a liquid. So, if I had mentioned metergoline it would be advertising our company essentially and I try to stay away from that. Especially since metergoline is more expensive and some people will say "aha, he says metergoline to coax people into buying it and getting more profit". I do prefer metergoline myself since it lacks the antihistamine and anticholinergic properties of cypro, and I think metergoline is better at antagonizing 5-HT3 than cypro. But in theory both should work, even though cypro will come with a lot of other effects some people may not want.
Thanks for bringing it up.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing

I had a similar experience with a friend with long standing digestive issues - prescribed ondansetron which helped a lot but was very expensive. Switched to a low dose of cyproheptadine in the evening and achieved the same relief. Was eventually able to taper off completely.

Note - some emails were duplicated above.

Just a note on ondansetron and the other *setrons. Most animal studies show potent antidepressant and GI benefits from HED of less than 4mg daily and higher doses eliminated many of those benefits. The *setrons seem to have a an inverted U curve shape on benefits with the sweet spot at around 2mg daily. I think higher doses antagonize 5-HT3 to the point of slowing bowel movements too much and that is not good even if those drugs antagonize TLR4/endotoxin. The higher doses also run a much bigger risk of QT prolongation, which thankfully progesterone can oppose.
Progesterone Reverses The Side Effects Of Anti-serotonin Drugs Like Ondansetron

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi Haidut,

My fiancé has borderline personality disorder, do you have any dose recommendations based on that?

Thyroid and progesterone would be the most beneficial ones, and cyproheptadine or another anti-serotonin may help as well.

ddjd

Due to popular demand, we have released the well-known chemical cyproheptadine as a product for R&D use only. I don't think cyproheptadine needs any introduction here, so I have simply provided the Wikipedia links and some relevant links from the forum.
Cyproheptadine - Wikipedia

Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BluePeptides, this product if for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Laboratory Research Chemicals

Cyproheptadine is a first-generation antihistamine with additional anticholinergic, antiserotonergic, and local anesthetic properties. It is one of the oldest synthetic antihistamine and antiserotonin drugs, with use spanning more than 5 decades. As such, cyproheptadine is second to none in terms of known properties, risks, and dose-response effects.

Units per container: about 30
Unit size: 12 drops
Each unit contains the following ingredients:

Cyproheptadine (Hcl): 6 mg

Other ingredients: SFA esters, ethanol

References:
Blocking Serotonin Extends Lifespan By 40%, Triples Youthspan
Serotonin Antagonists Extend Lifespan, SSRI Dramatically Shorten It
Serotonin Causes Autism; Blocking It May Treat Autism
Cyproheptadine, LSD-based Drugs Can Regenerate Damaged Liver
Benadryl and cyproheptadine protect from endotoxin poisoning
Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?
Cyproheptadine prevents exercise-induced leaky brain
Cyproheptadine Is Anti-inflammatory
How cyproheptadine lowers stress
Cyproheptadine May Treat Ebola Infection
Cyproheptadine as a fertility drug in old males
Cyproheptadine As A Powerful Antidepressant
Cyproheptadine Prevents / Reverses Soft Tissue Calcification
Cyproheptadine Lowers Cortisol, Endorphins, HGH, Aldosterone
Cyproheptadine Effective For Functional GI Disorders
Do you have any knowledge of cyproheptadine's effect on Nitric Oxide?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you have any knowledge of cyproheptadine's effect on Nitric Oxide?

As mentioned in the thread below, serotonin induced NO release and this causes migraine. Since cypro blocks serotonin it should lower NO release.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...c-oxide-are-the-true-causes-of-migraine.3397/

A since cypro is known to also lower blood pressure, it invalidates the favorite theory of doctors that NO is vital for vasodilation and heart health and without it we get high blood pressure and strokes. Quite the opposite actually. NO precursor drugs like nitroglycerine given for heart problems increase the risk for fatal heart attacks and brain ischemic events due to the elevation in NO they cause.

Spartan300

Are people using this topically or orally for best effects?

Also if using for sleep it appears that applying/taking around 2 hours prior to bed time might be best?

Thanks

brix

My rat takes it orally. Haven’t noticed much of an effect on sleep.

kayumochi

@haidut, whenever I use ciproheptadine I am a prick with a surly mood and find it really hard to be positive or motivated to anything. Any idea why that might be? I did see you mentioned possibly using lisuride with it and I think it helped a bit, 2mg of Cipro and 4 drops of Lisuride but still dragging all day... any thoughts?

I feel that way with a 4mg+ dose, but not with a microdose - I feel nothing at all.

Bart1

I can report that 2 drops per day (1 morning, 1 evening) does seem to calm my stress hormones. I sleep a bit better, but still wake up 2 times at night. Does cyproheptadine help the liver or aggravate it ? I hear different stories on this forum. In this topic a study is linked where cyproheptadine should help with regenerating a damaged liver. I do seem to have weight gain and bloating. But I don't know if this was already caused by high cortisol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals