Cordyceps Reduces Leaky Gut - PUBMED

ReSTART

What do you think of cordycepin? Do you think that’s the main active chemical in cordyceps or other stuff too?

ReSTART

Glad you brought this up.

Cordycepin is heavily researched, although I think there are other peptides and compounds found in cordyceps that have other beneficial effects.
Would pure adenosine have similar effects, since cordycepin is a adenosine analogue?

Mauritio

What dosage are you taking for cordyceps and do you think it matters if you take sinensis or militaris ?

tallglass13

Woah I didn’t know statins were naturally occurring!
I checked examine.com, since they have usually a good full composition of herbs and vitamins. I did not see lovastatin listed on the composition list. I know red yeast rice was supposed to have lots of lovastatin, and Pfizer made them reduce it in order to sell it over the counter because it would compete with their product. But I don't know about cordyceps.

ReSTART

I checked examine.com, since they have usually a good full composition of herbs and vitamins. I did not see lovastatin listed on the composition list. I know red yeast rice was supposed to have lots of lovastatin, and Pfizer made them reduce it in order to sell it over the counter because it would compete with their product. But I don't know about cordyceps.
Lovastatin, γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and ergothioneine were analysed in mushrooms. Among fruiting bodies, Pleurotus ostreatus (Japan) and Agaricus bisporus contained the highest amount of lovastatin (606.5mg/kg and 565.4 mg/kg, respectively) whereas among mycelia, Cordyceps sinensis and Antrodia salmonea contained the highest (1365mg/kg and 1032 mg/kg, respectively).

I think you can get the same effects from ozonated magnesium. I think that like Qorvis ups, it kills archaia in the gut which I think is why it is helpful.

GorillaHead

So is lovastatin bad in cordyceps. I assume its not extended release so probably metabolized quickly

ReSTART

I stopped taking cordyceps it was making me feel unwell, might be the lovastatin

dukesbobby777

I tried a few quality extracts over the years and only noticed cholinergic effects. Nothing mood enhancing and no hormonal benefits that some speak of.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Can anyone share their experience with cordyceps Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
C Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body Extract increases testosterone and DHT secretion Scientific Studies 46
E Cordyceps Sinensis 5-Alpha-Reductase Assay Of Medicinal Mushrooms Scientific Studies 70
M Cordyceps Sinensis Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
Mauritio Fasoracetam upregulates GABA-B receptors and reduces learned helplessness Scientific Studies 14
S Aspirin reduces testosterone and sperm count Ask For Help or Advice 89
R Verbascoside (from cistanche) reduces hypoxia-induced memory impairment in rat model Scientific Studies 0
R Bixin carotenoide from annatto bean is anti-inflammatory, reduces carrageenan-induced paw edema in rats Scientific Studies 0
D Cypro Histamine2-receptor antagonism reduces testosterone and motivation? Cyproheptadine 12
Mito Organic diet intervention significantly reduces urinary glyphosate levels in U.S. children and adults Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Lokzo Glycine Reduces NAFLD by modulating fatty acid oxidation, glutathione synthesis, and the gut microbiome - 2020 Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 21
S Coconut Oil Reduces DHT Orally? Coconut Oil 10
P Aspirin Use Reduces Risk Of Death In Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients Scientific Studies 0
Mauritio Aspirin Reduces Deaths In COVID-19 Patients By 47% Aspirin 14
Tristan Loscha Chris Masterjohn Position On Vitamin D For COVID - 19; VD Reduces Risks Efficiently Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 34
GorillaHead List All You Know That Reduces Hyperglycemia And Or FFA? Blood Sugar 23
meatbag High-protein Diet Reduces Hepatic Fat Than Low-protein Diet Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Sefton10 Fruit Supplementation Reduces Indices Of Exercise-induced Muscle Damage: A Systematic Review And Met Exercise 0
C Chronic Energy Drink Consumption Reduces Blood Pressure Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 19
Lewis Acid Long-Term L-Serine Administration Reduces Food Intake And Improves Oxidative Stress And Sirt1/NFκB S Scientific Studies 2
maillol Creatine Reduces Hepatic TG Accumulation (but Increases FAO) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
TheBeard Melatonin Reduces Estrogens Through Multiple Pathways Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 17
Broken man Hyperprolactinemia Reduces 5-alpha-reductase Activity And DHT Levels Scientific Studies 1
GorillaHead L-Carnitine Topically Reduces Oily Sebum. Potential For Hair Growth? Scientific Studies 1
Kingpinguin Moderate Whisky With Meal Reduces Brain Tryptophan Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 9
meatbag Cinanserin Reduces CV-19 Replication In Vitro Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
maillol Caffeine Reduces Fatty Liver But Increases FFA Metabolism 32
haidut Vitamin D Reduces Blood Sugar And Body Fat In Obese Women Scientific Studies 2
Mauritio Aspirin Activates AMPK ,reduces Liver Fat Scientific Studies 0
Zpol Vit. C Enhances Aspirin Effects & Reduces Microbleeding Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
managing Amino Acid Blend Reduces Serotonin And Catecholamines By ~2/3s Scientific Studies 1
haidut Blue Light Accelerates Aging And Reduces Lifespan By More Than 50% Scientific Studies 13
Mauritio A. Muciniphila Improves Insulin Sensitivity, Lowers Weight+ Cholesterol+reduces Endotoxin Load Health 29
Mauritio Endotoxin Reduces Testosterone In Men And May Damage Leydig Cells Health 0
jzeno Branched-chain Amino Acid Plus Glucose Supplement Reduces Exercise-induced Delayed Onset Muscle Sore Scientific Studies 0
E If You Consume More Than You Burn Shiitake Extract Reduces Body Fat Increase (08-2019 Animal Study) Scientific Studies 3
RayPeatFan777 Minocycline Treatment Reduces Anxiety Behaviors Induced By Stress Through Modulating Nflammation Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Lokzo Serotonin Reduces Bile Secretion Scientific Studies 2
haidut Daily Aspirin Reduces By 37% Risk Of Fatty Liver Progressing Into Cirrhosis Scientific Studies 5
R Nine Days Of Isocaloric Fructose Restriction Reduces Serum D-lactate Levels By 50% Scientific Studies 24
haidut Vitamin E Reduces Risks Of Cataracts By More Than 50% Scientific Studies 1
A MCT Oil Reduces Seizures In Adults With Refractory Epilepsy Scientific Studies 0
D Iron Deficiency Reduces The Efficacy Of Tryptophan As A Niacin Precursor. Lower NAD Scientific Studies 5
Hans Omega 3 Reduces Myogenesis And Promotes Adipogenesis Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 2
burtlancast High Dose Niacin (6g/day) Reduces Hypercholesterolemia By 20% Or More Scientific Studies 1
Hans MCT Reduces Anxiety By Improving Mitochondrial Function And Energy Production Scientific Studies 6
Hans Keto Diet Reduces Muscle Mass Even When Eating In A Caloric Surplus Diet 12
raypeatclips Dietary Cocoa Reduces Metabolic Endotoxemia And Adipose Tissue Inflammation In High-Fat Fed Mice Scientific Studies 21
D Dutasteride Reduces Alcohol's Sedative Effects In Men Scientific Studies 2
A Thiamine Reduces Breast Cancer Cell Proliferation In Tissue Culture Scientific Studies 12