Zinc Carnosine Improves Exercise Induced Leaky Gut

Hans

Forum Supporter
If you do not already know this, exercise increases gut permeability. Activated charcoal is a good tool to use to bind to endotoxins to prevent their absorption during exercise. Another great tool appears to be zinc carnosine. Colostrum also works synergistically with the zinc. The dose used was 70mg, and the usual zinc carnosine you can buy has 75mg zinc carnosine, with only 15mg being zinc. Beta-alanine is also very good at boosting carnosine levels in the body, so it can also be a valuable supplement to use.

Zinc carnosine works with bovine colostrum in truncating heavy exercise-induced increase in gut permeability in healthy volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI
"Body temperature increased 2°C, and gut permeability (5-h urinary lactulose:rhamnose ratios) increased 3-fold after exercise (from 0.32 ± 0.016 baseline to 1.0 ± 0.017 at 14 d; P < 0.01). ZnC or colostrum truncated the rise by 70% after 14 d of treatment. The combination treatment gave an additional benefit"

"Whereas, two weeks of Zn carnosine at 70 mg·day−1 had no effect on 80% VO2Peak performance or lactate accumulation, although this time-period was sufficient for Zn to reduce exercise-induced gut permeability by 71% (“leaky gut”; [153])."

Nicole W.

Using zinc Carnosine for last two weeks for suspected leaky gut and I feel so much better. I had elevated values for rheumatoid factor and had been experiencing a lot of pain in my back and arms. The zinc carnosine has alleviated the pain almost completely.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Using zinc Carnosine for last two weeks for suspected leaky gut and I feel so much better. I had elevated values for rheumatoid factor and had been experiencing a lot of pain in my back and arms. The zinc carnosine has alleviated the pain almost completely.
Amazing! Good to hear.

LUH 3417

Glad to hear you are feeling better. What brand did you use?

griesburner

interesting. but i always ask myself what the unique combination of a mineral and an amino acid makes it different from the isolated substances. Would like to see the same study but as a control with just other forms of zinc or just l-carnosine but with higher dose. Then you would know if this unique combination is really the cause of the benefit or not. i hope you guys know what i mean. Other examples would be magnesium glycinate or taurate. But what if you take just magnesium oxide + l-taurine or glycine.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
interesting. but i always ask myself what the unique combination of a mineral and an amino acid makes it different from the isolated substances. Would like to see the same study but as a control with just other forms of zinc or just l-carnosine but with higher dose. Then you would know if this unique combination is really the cause of the benefit or not. i hope you guys know what i mean. Other examples would be magnesium glycinate or taurate. But what if you take just magnesium oxide + l-taurine or glycine.
From a quick search I can't to find any studies on beta-alanine or carnosine for leaky gut, but only high dose zinc.

I do think a combination offers unique benefits, for instance, Mg threonate and taurate accumulates in the brain and nervous system and Mg glycinate accumulates in the liver and muscles.

Inaut

When I had gastritis/esophagitis early on in my health saga, zinc l carnosine was one of the main supplements that healed my gut. Doctors at the time prescribed ppis but I opted to do the research and find the fix myself. +1 for any gut inflammation

morgan#1

I take beta alanine DURING my workout with my lemonade/juice mixture. What do you guys think about the zinc carnosine...ie should I take it preworkout OR post. Or maybe during? And should I scratch the beta while I’m experimenting?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I take beta alanine DURING my workout with my lemonade/juice mixture. What do you guys think about the zinc carnosine...ie should I take it preworkout OR post. Or maybe during? And should I scratch the beta while I’m experimenting?
Take it pre-workout, and there is no need to drop the beta-alanine during the experiment.

LUH 3417

Anyone find a zinc carnosine without additives/excipients?
I would love to know, also. I got some zinc orotate the other day thinking I wanted to try experimenting. It has silica in it and I was really hesitant. I ended up having a severe allergic reaction several hours after taking it. Just can’t justify taking supplements with excipients when it seems like the excipients are even more dangerous than a deficiency of whatever supplement I am taking.

Inaut

Gut Shield by solaray was what I used in the past. It was a powder with added glutamine and vitamin c. I don’t think glutamine is ideal but it helped my cause at the time.

Tarmander

Gut Shield by solaray was what I used in the past. It was a powder with added glutamine and vitamin c. I don’t think glutamine is ideal but it helped my cause at the time.
Yeah I saw that one. I didn't like how much glutamine I would have to take just to get the small amount of ZnC. I ended up going with this one as the least amount of additives I could find:

https://www.amazon.com/Klaire-Labs-...nc+carnosine&qid=1557605778&s=gateway&sr=8-10

Most of the other ones have only 75mg of product in the capsule or so...meaning the rest is filled with cellulose and sillica. Blah

CLASH

Adding some taurine to any beta alanine supplementation may be helpful. In some rat studies taking (very large doses) beta alanine decreased taurine content in cardiac muscle. Taurine has its own benefits without much negatives, atleast from what I have read, and its cheap. I have used taurine at 3g a day for a while and it has some pretty noticeable anxiolytic effects. Examine.com has noted, based on the literature, that taking 3g a day across the lifespan would be considered safe.

ubiety

Taking zinc carnosine daily has eliminated the bloat I've been getting after exercise for the past couple of years, and has really helped my gut issues overall. Thanks Hans for the great post.

mangoes

Zinc carnosine never worked for me, might have to try again after all the great results

Back
Top Bottom