Dairy Intake And Semen Quality Among Men Attending A Fertility Clinic

jyb

The problem is, as stated already, the tubes/processing and not the milk issue itself is pure speculation at this point, unless such evidence is found. Even if the tubes/filtration they use is considered, we need to ask: is it enough to be the cause, since the milk isn't sitting long term in the tubes. From what I have read, it seems that the milk is processed relatively quickly though the tubes/filtration process, so we would need to ask if milk is moving that quickly, would it be enough to cause this, as well. Regardless, whether it is the milk itself or the filtration/plastic, the vast majority of milk is processed in similar ways, and there is enough evidence which raises concern, and so the effect for me is serious enough to seriously consider drinking less commercial milk and trying to fill my other half of calcium in with green broth, etc. I may even experiment going milk free for the time being. As long as I get enough calcium/magnesium elsewhere, I don't see it as a huge loss if I do ditch it for the time being. Milk makes Peating much easier, but I don't see it as being essential to Peating either as long as the minerals are covered elsewhere.

Note that it's not just milk that is affected: butter, yogurt, cream, etc. I personally don't consume milk but I keep consuming dairy despite this risk because I can't find an adequate substitute in terms of fat and protein.

SOMO

Clear Plastic (OR GLASS) bottles = clear = LIGHT-INDUCED OXIDATION.
It's not like milk has no PUFA, so why is keeping vegetable oil on the counter bad, but not milk in a clear bottle (plastic OR glass).

I only buy milk in opaque paper cartons.

Also as far as semen quality,

Sperm Count is not the same as Sperm Motility. I think you can have a normal sperm COUNT, but the sperm is immotile/unable to swim and fertilize the ovum properly?

Waremu

Note that it's not just milk that is affected: butter, yogurt, cream, etc. I personally don't consume milk but I keep consuming dairy despite this risk because I can't find an adequate substitute in terms of fat and protein.

Yes, that is correct -- Milk as in milk products (all of which come from milk).

Isn't gelatin somewhat comparable to milk? I make a broth of gelatin which has about 8 grams of protein in a cup or so of hot water, which is just about equal a cup of liquid milk protein-wise. I can personally easily consume 50% of my protein in gelatin (which even Ray has stated is fine in the past). But of course that depends on how well you handle gelatin. I handle it quite well when I eat it with solid food or in a vegetable stew/soup I make. I have been experimenting with a moderate protein diet (enough to not be very high but not too low either), which seems to be the best balance for me. My diet is largely fruit based. A fruit based diet alone can easily add up to 30-50 grams of protein and around 1000 mg of calcium (from fruit). And if that includes oranges then it's over 60 grams of protein if one counts keto acids. Throw in 40-50 grams of protein from gelatin and some raw/lightly cooked egg yolks and the occasional oysters and that’s well over 110-120 grams of protein, which is about what I aim for. And the amino acids not in gelatin are covered from the non-gelatin protein sources, but still kept low (I want to keep the ones that can be more problematic low, like tryptophan, anyway). A little more work, but doable for me even without milk, if I decide to completely drop milk.

Last edited:

Waremu

Clear Plastic (OR GLASS) bottles = clear = LIGHT-INDUCED OXIDATION.
It's not like milk has no PUFA, so why is keeping vegetable oil on the counter bad, but not milk in a clear bottle (plastic OR glass).

I only buy milk in opaque paper cartons.

Also as far as semen quality,

Sperm Count is not the same as Sperm Motility. I think you can have a normal sperm COUNT, but the sperm is immotile/unable to swim and fertilize the ovum properly?

Yes, not the same exact thing, but poor sperm motility (asthenozoospermia) means that the sperm do not swim properly, which can lead to male infertility and other problems. Poor sperm motility is an indication of not-so-healthy sperm, it appears. Usually, when sperm motility is poor, there are other problems found with sperm health as well. So it's a problem regardless. I think sperm health is very important. Quality and not just total count/quantity.

With regards to milk and vegetable oil: milk like most things contain very small amounts of PUFA, but it's not a largely concentrated source of PUFA like vegetable oil is, so that would make quite a difference, so perhaps it's a lesser of two evils thing from a Peat perspective. The vegetable oil in the context of what Peat teaches would likely be far worse. That said, I am also concerned about the milk issue as sperm health I do believe is an important indicator of ones overall health and I think you make a good point with regards to not ignoring the milk issue as well.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals