Vitamin A is dopaminergic and reduces prolactin in humans

kineticz

Some estrogen is good. While it stimulates ACTH, it increases receptor sensitivity to cortisol and thyroid. Nobody wants desensitized receptors.

michael94

Some estrogen is good. While it stimulates ACTH, it increases receptor sensitivity to cortisol and thyroid. Nobody wants desensitized receptors.

Ok but how much constitutes "some". Surely everyone has an ideal number. I am giving the benefit of the doubt to lowering estrogen through anti-inflammatory means as a universally good thing until I see evidence of an ideal amount of estrogen being at this or that level. I think it's important to distinguish estrogen from environmental sources/as a response to inflammation vs estrogen that's naturally a part of regulatory functions.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

It also desensitizes the pituitary to cortisol so it will keep producing ACTH even when adrenals are pumping out ton of cortisol. Estrogen, beyond a certain level, is a great way to get Cushing syndrome or "autoimmune", or immunodeficiency condition. It can activate retroviruses inside you that can kill a person in a week if immune system is not working well, which it won't be since cortisol is also high.
So yeah, some is probably fine but chronically speaking the lower the better.

kineticz

It also desensitizes the pituitary to cortisol so it will keep producing ACTH even when adrenals are pumping out ton of cortisol. Estrogen, beyond a certain level, is a great way to get Cushing syndrome or "autoimmune", or immunodeficiency condition. It can activate retroviruses inside you that can kill a person in a week if immune system is not working well, which it won't be since cortisol is also high.
So yeah, some is probably fine but chronically speaking the lower the better.

You're absolutely right. I have experienced this.

I had estrogen dominance after consuming oral DHEA. At a certain point, the effect on neurotransmitter and stress tolerance was bliss. After that, the rounded cushings face and high levels of anxiety hit, followed by an adrenal crash.

I then had no estrogen for quite some time, which made it difficult to treat the adrenals. That was until I realised that in calcified kidneys, vitamin D goes down, which is the precursor to DHEA.

But I still feel there is an appropriate level of E2, for example 20, as estrogen is important for the proper recycling of iron and copper, ceruloplasmin, acetylcoA and heme.

Now by raising my vitamin D my DHEA seems to go directly into DHT.

Did you know the 17-20 lyase enzyme is stimulated by l-serine, also found in the kidneys? Nobody ever seems to recommend this amino acid for treating low DHEA. It works for me.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
You're absolutely right. I have experienced this.

I had estrogen dominance after consuming oral DHEA. At a certain point, the effect on neurotransmitter and stress tolerance was bliss. After that, the rounded cushings face and high levels of anxiety hit, followed by an adrenal crash.

I then had no estrogen for quite some time, which made it difficult to treat the adrenals. That was until I realised that in calcified kidneys, vitamin D goes down, which is the precursor to DHEA.

But I still feel there is an appropriate level of E2, for example 20, as estrogen is important for the proper recycling of iron and copper, ceruloplasmin, acetylcoA and heme.

Now by raising my vitamin D my DHEA seems to go directly into DHT.

Did you know the 17-20 lyase enzyme is stimulated by l-serine, also found in the kidneys? Nobody ever seems to recommend this amino acid for treating low DHEA. It works for me.

Thanks for the info on serine. I did know of that property of serine, but glycine and taurine are known to do the same and given that serine is synthesized from glycine that property does not surprise me.
How much vitamin D were you taking and for how long? Were you aiming for a specific blood level that optimizes DHT production from DHEA?

kineticz

Thanks for the info on serine. I did know of that property of serine, but glycine and taurine are known to do the same and given that serine is synthesized from glycine that property does not surprise me.
How much vitamin D were you taking and for how long? Were you aiming for a specific blood level that optimizes DHT production from DHEA?

I became aware of serine due to kidney disease, or calcified kidneys, glycine, serine and tyrosine conversions are inadequate. So in renal disease, serine conversion from glycine can be limited. In high levels of oxidative stress, serine is depleted down the transsulfuration pathway. Hence my theories that decalcifying the kidneys with magnesium have great benefits for raising tyrosine and glycine.

Vitamin D wise I was and still am using sun beds ;-) My FSH is very low, which I understand stimulates aromatase, and I have quite low body fat so combine those factors with vit D and serine I get increases in DHT such as noradrenergic effects. Vit D definitely seems to lower my estrogen so I have to be careful but as long as I supplement copper and zinc it balances out via the 3b HSD pathways. I have found that DHEA won't go up with serine if my zinc is inadequate. One of many bottlnecks in energy production.

kineticz

PS Taurine has absolutely no effect on DHEA in myself. It does seem to restrict fatty acid liberation, and help retain magnesium, mildly. Serine much more effective for DHEA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals