Cordyceps Reduces Leaky Gut - PUBMED

ReSTART

What do you think of cordycepin? Do you think that’s the main active chemical in cordyceps or other stuff too?

ReSTART

Glad you brought this up.

Cordycepin is heavily researched, although I think there are other peptides and compounds found in cordyceps that have other beneficial effects.
Would pure adenosine have similar effects, since cordycepin is a adenosine analogue?

Mauritio

What dosage are you taking for cordyceps and do you think it matters if you take sinensis or militaris ?

tallglass13

Woah I didn’t know statins were naturally occurring!
I checked examine.com, since they have usually a good full composition of herbs and vitamins. I did not see lovastatin listed on the composition list. I know red yeast rice was supposed to have lots of lovastatin, and Pfizer made them reduce it in order to sell it over the counter because it would compete with their product. But I don't know about cordyceps.

ReSTART

I checked examine.com, since they have usually a good full composition of herbs and vitamins. I did not see lovastatin listed on the composition list. I know red yeast rice was supposed to have lots of lovastatin, and Pfizer made them reduce it in order to sell it over the counter because it would compete with their product. But I don't know about cordyceps.
Lovastatin, γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and ergothioneine were analysed in mushrooms. Among fruiting bodies, Pleurotus ostreatus (Japan) and Agaricus bisporus contained the highest amount of lovastatin (606.5mg/kg and 565.4 mg/kg, respectively) whereas among mycelia, Cordyceps sinensis and Antrodia salmonea contained the highest (1365mg/kg and 1032 mg/kg, respectively).

I think you can get the same effects from ozonated magnesium. I think that like Qorvis ups, it kills archaia in the gut which I think is why it is helpful.

GorillaHead

So is lovastatin bad in cordyceps. I assume its not extended release so probably metabolized quickly

ReSTART

I stopped taking cordyceps it was making me feel unwell, might be the lovastatin

dukesbobby777

I tried a few quality extracts over the years and only noticed cholinergic effects. Nothing mood enhancing and no hormonal benefits that some speak of.

Makrosky

I always have good results with Cordyceps : increases strength and stamina, libido, erections, etc. it is quite androgenic without any downsides I noticed so far.

But it is very Yang/Hot substance so if taken alone it depletes "something". Better to use it only when needed.

cureme

I always have good results with Cordyceps : increases strength and stamina, libido, erections, etc. it is quite androgenic without any downsides I noticed so far.

But it is very Yang/Hot substance so if taken alone it depletes "something". Better to use it only when needed.
I saw in a video that it nourishes the Jing, in addition to being so yang that it could be used for prolonged periods. Do you think this information is false?

I want to use it together with Liu Wei Di Huang, so I don't exhaust the yin so much

What do you think?

Makrosky

I saw in a video that it nourishes the Jing, in addition to being so yang that it could be used for prolonged periods. Do you think this information is false?

I want to use it together with Liu Wei Di Huang, so I don't exhaust the yin so much

What do you think?
I am not an expert on TCM but nothing is that simple in TCM. All is intertrlated and also on an individual basis. My feeling was always (still is to today) that it is too yang and too hot for me. And that it drains yin and/or jing. For instance if I combine it with coffee I become a furnace, even ppl notice it. Also in summer is too much. Works better during winter for me.

There are online "materia medica" encyclopedies of TCM herbs where qualities are specified should be easy to find it.

Kyle970

Have been looking into the immune effects of cordyceps. Seems like you want specifically the wild, not lab mycelium. Of course there is a price difference, anyone noticed much difference in the two?