Effects Of Aspirin On Leaky Gut

DaveFoster

Hi Dave. You're welcome :) I shared some information I recently found and that I consider really important on aspirin related issues (not previously mentioned in the forum that I know of) in this post if you're interested Why Do Some People Bleed From Aspirin Even When Taking Vit. K? The Vascular And Vitamin C Connection . Aspirin/Salicylates definitely have the potential to cause harm in a variety of ways when used chronically, but if one understands how to minimize or avoid those issues, one can get it to work in a much safer way -specially when aspirin/salicylates is a must during certain ill-health sates-. So it is certainly good to do our homework there!
Again, thank you PakPik. This is all great information; I've been working on a book for quite a while detailing the proper method of administration and benefits for each Peat substance, and this is a great source of knowledge.

L

lollipop

Again, thank you PakPik. This is all great information; I've been working on a book for quite a while detailing the proper method of administration and benefits for each Peat substance, and this is a great source of knowledge.
@DaveFoster looking forward to this book!!

DaveFoster

TubZy

Aspirin has helped my guts like nothing else. Friends I have recommended it to have reported the same thing. I'm not exactly clear on the mechanism but it appears to lower several markers associated with inflammation (No kidding?!) I recommend looking at taking it dissolved with baking soda, this seems to help with mucosal disturbances. The evidence seems to point to aspirin possibly increasing permeability higher in the gut, but the small bowel is usually not impacted. Bromelain and papaya enzymes can help with mucous turnover.

For leaky guts, look into niacinamide. Leaky gut can essentially be thought of as a bioenergetic defecit where the intestinal epithelial tight junction cells do not have enough energy to close after being opened by things like zonulin and it's mimic gluten, among others. I have found many studies showing that niacin or niacinamide can help in keeping these junctions tight.

Dietary niacin supplementation ameliorates ethanol-induced liver injury in rats through sealing the leaky gut

This must be why high dose niacinimide fixed my digestion troubles in a matter of days....

skycop00

Hello Elle :)
Aspirin if not well dissolved definitely can induce leaky gut and mucosa problem. I made many mistakes with aspirin, so it does happen. I then learned that the best way to perfectly dissolve it was to add aspirin to a glass of very hot water, stir/shake glass until I can't see the pill flakes anymore, and then let it cool, allowing the solution return to room temperature (I hurt myself badly when drinking it even mildly warm... learning from mistakes!). The method throwing the pill in water and let the starch sit, didn't work at all for me because I noticed the pill didn't dissolve 100% that way -needed the hot water-. Even with a tiny bit of undissolved aspirin there's potential to harm the membrane, because that tiny bit will sit there on the mucosa for hours. The trick with aspirin is fast absorption and/or avoidance of particle agglutination on any stomach area.

I then learned that I like sodium acetylsalycilate better, which is simply the product of the reaction of aspirin with sodium bicarbonate. It is a salt and it absorbs better and has way less potential to hurt the the membrane.
A final tip that I love a lot is to try and have the aspirin together with some gelatin and/or 1-3 grams of glycine, because it's been proven glycine significantly diminishes any potential mucosa harm from aspirin. Niacinamide is another substance with proven potential to abolish potential issues.

To me aspirin is a double edged sword, but if used carefully, can be live saving, and as a previous poster said, it can indeed help heal intestines.

In the end it is a matter of experimentation and see if it is agreeing with one's body. I've had success with the Gericare brand.

Hope this helps!
Do you simply make the sodium acetylsalycilate with an aspirin and some sodium bicarb or buy a product?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals