Zinc Carnosine Improves Exercise Induced Leaky Gut

Inaut

If you are looking for the gut healing affects of zinc carnosine, you will need to take it in the bound form, if you are just looking to add zinc or carnosine, it 'is' best to take them individually, as the bound form will get absorbed by the gut lining rather than getting absorbed systemically like a singular zinc or carnosine supplement would. The form of zinc, carnosine, or zinc-carnosine to take depends on your reason for taking it. And, yes meat eaters may not need any of the individual zinc or carnosine, but zinc-carnosine is good for reflux, H. pylori, and other stomach issues.
I took zinc l-carnosine when I had ulcers and it did help at that time. It’s worth a shot for people dealing with these kind of issues imo

RealNeat

I took zinc l-carnosine when I had ulcers and it did help at that time. It’s worth a shot for people dealing with these kind of issues imo
What else did you do?

RealNeat

Gotcha kind of like magnesium glycinate.

Dave Clark

Yes. And, my Mom was dealing with Gerd, and I had her get some zinc carnosine. She reported back that her stomach issues had gone into remission after a few weeks of use. I personally believe it may be a good compound to cycle a few times/year, even if you have no symptoms, since it is helpful with gut health integrity, and prevention of things like H. pylori. It is definitely in my reflux regimen.

Mossy

If you are looking for the gut healing affects of zinc carnosine, you will need to take it in the bound form, if you are just looking to add zinc or carnosine, it 'is' best to take them individually, as the bound form will get absorbed by the gut lining rather than getting absorbed systemically like a singular zinc or carnosine supplement would. The form of zinc, carnosine, or zinc-carnosine to take depends on your reason for taking it. And, yes meat eaters may not need any of the individual zinc or carnosine, but zinc-carnosine is good for reflux, H. pylori, and other stomach issues.
Are you saying that the two ingredients need to be "bound", via laboratory work, or can a person combine the individual supplements, zinc and carnosine, and take them at the same time for the same effect?

Thank you in advance.

Dave Clark

Are you saying that the two ingredients need to be "bound", via laboratory work, or can a person combine the individual supplements, zinc and carnosine, and take them at the same time for the same effect?

Thank you in advance.
They need to be chemically bound, taking them individually, they will metabolize as the individual nutrients normally would, but the combination has shown it to absorb into the gut lining, where individually they would go into digestion and be absorbed systemically. So, if you are looking for the gut health promoting effects, you must buy 'zinc-carnosine', not 'zinc' and 'carnosine'.

RealNeat

They need to be chemically bound, taking them individually, they will metabolize as the individual nutrients normally would, but the combination has shown it to absorb into the gut lining, where individually they would go into digestion and be absorbed systemically. So, if you are looking for the gut health promoting effects, you must buy 'zinc-carnosine', not 'zinc' and 'carnosine'.
It's seems zinc carnosine endures twice as long as zinc and carnosine taken separately. That makes me think that even eating them separately has benefits though not as potent, as confirmed by my good experience eating ground beef (unseasoned) with an ulcer.

1. Furuta S, Toyama S, Miwa M, et al. Residence time of polaprezinc (zinc L-carnosine complex) in the rat stomach and adhesiveness to ulcerous sites. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1995 Apr;67(4);271-8.
Also it makes me wonder if such nutrients concentrate in the stomach if eating stomach of animals would be therapeutic? tripe? Many Mexican and Eastern dishes use tripe.

Mossy

Good information. No wonder my attempts at combining the individual supplements did nothing special.

Inaut

What else did you do?
What didn’t I do at the time... A few things i recall using were slippery elm bark made into a gruel, bitters and ACV with meals. I think the zinc carnosine was most beneficial for healing my GI though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom