Wider Face

MigFon

I would reiterate what other have already suggested: that you should watch all of Mike Mew's videos on orthroptics on youtube. He pretty much explains the cause and what you can do to try and change the shape of your face for free, although, it is hard work and it can take quite some time.

There are some incredible transformations pictures of some peoples faces out there on some forums, that seem to prove that it does work, and I am currently also trying the techniques and starting to see some timid results.

On a different note and as male, I honestly think you face looks pretty average. You won't stop traffic, but you are definitely not ugly. You do have low cheekbones and a somewhat long face, but unless your standards are really high, I really don't think that your looks are the reason why you are still single.

That being said, I would offer up, that the reason why you haven't found love yet, might have to do with your behavior somehow, so I would suggest to you, that you investigate that possibility.

sladerunner69

It’s funny we mention the most attractive being those who look down there brow, gaze ahead, indicating confidence. This isn’t something one can teach, you either have it, or you don’t. The question then is, not how she can widen her face, but what can she take to instill more confidence ? (I’d like to know this too).

Looking down the brow? Honestly, what kind of buffoonery is that? A 15 degree difference in how you tilt your head is obviously going to be the secret to developing a stronger maxilla and give you an attractive face. I mean did anyone even perform a study on such a hypothesis? This sounds like more internet quackery promoted thanks to "get rich quick" people looking to instantly obtain a better face.

I apologize if that came off overly critical or rude, but that just sounds so ridiculous to me. Keeping teeth locked and tongue on the roof of the mouth is another one... All dentists know not to keep teeth locked to prevent excessive grinding, and for men it is more attractive to elongated the chin and jaw by keeping a slight open under bite, as is taught by modelling/acting coaches.

FredSonoma

It’s funny we mention the most attractive being those who look down there brow, gaze ahead, indicating confidence. This isn’t something one can teach, you either have it, or you don’t. The question then is, not how she can widen her face, but what can she take to instill more confidence ? (I’d like to know this too).
higher metabolism

MigFon

Keeping teeth locked and tongue on the roof of the mouth is another one... All dentists know not to keep teeth locked to prevent excessive grinding
Mew doesn't recommend that you keep teeth locked, I tells you to keep them close together or lightly touching, because if you keep the jaw locked the body will respond not by changing shape but by resisting the change instead.
for men it is more attractive to elongated the chin and jaw by keeping a slight open under bite,
When Mew mentions that the reason for malocclusion and unattractiveness of the face has to do with elongated face, he is not referring to the distance between the mouth and the chin, but rather to portion of the face between the top of the nose and the mouth, that is why you are supposed to press with the tongue on the palate.

If you think about it, the reason why braces work is by changing the position of the teeth in the mouth by applying a constant light force to the teeth, which happens to be rooted in the bones of the face, and "Mewing" utilizes the same principle. I see no reason why you would be able to change teeth position, but you wouldn't be able to change the shape of the bone structure itself.

My palate has become definitely deeper from tongue on the roof of the mouth and I can now swallow perfectly utilizing just my tongue with my jaw locked, which is something I was unable to do a couple of months ago for lack of space inside and I breathe better/easier through my nose. My cheeks look more hollow now, and the hard gum chewing is increasing the size of my masseter muscle. I am also not completely sold on it yet though, regarding the overall ability to change the shape of the face, but I guess time will tell.

Prosper

It worked for me, my jaw and cheek bones have definitely become wider and more prominent since starting daily k2 a couple years ago and now they might be too wide....
I wonder what factors go into this. Some seem to get similar results as you with K2, others get nothing. Metabolism, calcium intake, something additional must be relevant.

sladerunner69

I wonder what factors go into this. Some seem to get similar results as you with K2, others get nothing. Metabolism, calcium intake, something additional must be relevant.

I drink about a gallon of milk per day, and eat plenty of gelatin. I also eat beef liver, as well as take 10,000iu retinol every couple days, and use vitamin D drops so I have all fo the factors for bone growth. I was also taking aspirin2-3 times per day for about a year and someone mentioned this will cause bone growth.

Prosper

I drink about a gallon of milk per day, and eat plenty of gelatin. I also eat beef liver, as well as take 10,000iu retinol every couple days, and use vitamin D drops so I have all fo the factors for bone growth. I was also taking aspirin2-3 times per day for about a year and someone mentioned this will cause bone growth.
I have undergone similar regimen, no significant results. I took around 15 mg for half a year with at least an adequate amount of other fat solubles. On the other hand, anatomically functional posture has yielded plenty of structural improvements of the skull. When I began I had lordosis & forward head posture. Now I have extraordinaly straight spinal posture, which has caused my face to widen an shorten a bit.

I understand the struggle, but I believe it is a matter envisioning how you see your self. For example you know how after winning something like a sports game, or even something as simple as a getting done with a chore in good fashion makes us happy and confident. Well I believe that if we adopt this victory mindset permanently than our posture will improve, our health will improve etc... Adding to the previous example, when we win something we throw our hands in the air in a victory pose. This isn't social conditioning this is programed into us, because even blind kids who could have no idea of such a pose automatically do it upon achievement. It was discovered that after such a pose, testosterone and other hormones would increase. So there is a clear link between holding your body a certain way and positive change in the human body.

So what I am saying is that to a certain extent you are right, however simply by changing posture you can influence changes in confidence and health etc... So although some people may automatically do this, just by changing our mindset we can automatically do this as well. This is were diet comes in, it can give us that extra boost in confidence that we need by impacting our hormones and energy production.

Advice on achieving a victory mindset would be to focus on the little victories, like making your bed, and getting done with a day of work, just by adding that little dopamine it will change every thing trust me. I would also recommend starting your day with the pose described above (hands in the air). This will just set up your day for successes and maintenance of this mindset. Then this will manifest in your posture and make you better looking, but you will likely have to consciously correct your posture at first until it really becomes a habit.

cyclops

I understand the struggle, but I believe it is a matter envisioning how you see your self. For example you know how after winning something like a sports game, or even something as simple as a getting done with a chore in good fashion makes us happy and confident. Well I believe that if we adopt this victory mindset permanently than our posture will improve, our health will improve etc... Adding to the previous example, when we win something we throw our hands in the air in a victory pose. This isn't social conditioning this is programed into us, because even blind kids who could have no idea of such a pose automatically do it upon achievement. It was discovered that after such a pose, testosterone and other hormones would increase. So there is a clear link between holding your body a certain way and positive change in the human body.

So what I am saying is that to a certain extent you are right, however simply by changing posture you can influence changes in confidence and health etc... So although some people may automatically do this, just by changing our mindset we can automatically do this as well. This is were diet comes in, it can give us that extra boost in confidence that we need by impacting our hormones and energy production.

Advice on achieving a victory mindset would be to focus on the little victories, like making your bed, and getting done with a day of work, just by adding that little dopamine it will change every thing trust me. I would also recommend starting your day with the pose described above (hands in the air). This will just set up your day for successes and maintenance of this mindset. Then this will manifest in your posture and make you better looking, but you will likely have to consciously correct your posture at first until it really becomes a habit.

Really well put.

sladerunner69

I have undergone similar regimen, no significant results. I took around 15 mg for half a year with at least an adequate amount of other fat solubles. On the other hand, anatomically functional posture has yielded plenty of structural improvements of the skull. When I began I had lordosis & forward head posture. Now I have extraordinaly straight spinal posture, which has caused my face to widen an shorten a bit.

So then wider and shorter is an improvement? My face is already the widest and longest in the world, never mind trying to understand how posture could substantially influence facial structure. Ive always had a good shoulder blades back, head up posture anyways.

Prosper

So then wider and shorter is an improvement? My face is already the widest and longest in the world, never mind trying to understand how posture could substantially influence facial structure. Ive always had a good shoulder blades back, head up posture anyways.
The words you use are impractically subjective and vague unless further specified. How do you define long face? By the legnth of forehead-to-chin vs width of zygos? By chin length? By how much your gumline, or anything other than the teeth themselves, is visible when you smile? By how perpendicular your jawline is in relation to floor? In my opinion the latter two are much significant markers of anatomically functional face than the former two. When the maxilla is sufficiently wide and positioned adequately upward & forward, not much else than the teeth should be visible during a smile. No gumline, no dark empty areas.

If the overall impression of your face is both wide and long, you most likely have great anatomical structure and function. Having seen your pics, you're not ******* adonis tier as you claim, but you do have good skeletal structure

encerent

Also look into neurocranial restructuring which is advocated by Mike Mew for changing your face for the better.

Looking down the brow? Honestly, what kind of buffoonery is that? A 15 degree difference in how you tilt your head is obviously going to be the secret to developing a stronger maxilla and give you an attractive face. I mean did anyone even perform a study on such a hypothesis? This sounds like more internet quackery promoted thanks to "get rich quick" people looking to instantly obtain a better face.

I apologize if that came off overly critical or rude, but that just sounds so ridiculous to me. Keeping teeth locked and tongue on the roof of the mouth is another one... All dentists know not to keep teeth locked to prevent excessive grinding, and for men it is more attractive to elongated the chin and jaw by keeping a slight open under bite, as is taught by modelling/acting coaches.

What kind of study would you be able to conduct? This is merely observational. If you look at attractive people they look directly ahead and down their brow the vast majority of the time.

attractivefacesincaucasian.jpg

1429263149575.png

Even Mathew Mcconaughey someone who had a large nose and elongated face is able to be widely excepted as being attractive because if this characteristic.

matthew-mcconaughey1.jpg

What about Tom Cruise, someone who doesn't have great forward growth and known for having unsymmetrical teeth. This is overlooked because he looks down his brow.

Tom-Cruise-Pics.jpg

I mean look at his side profile...

tomcruise172.jpg

Large nose and clearly recessed maxilla, however he is know for his great looks. I mean aside from his chin being on the stronger side, there is no other redeeming quality about his face other than him looking down his brow.

I know there are some exceptions to this rule, but this seems to be undeniably reoccurring.

sladerunner69

What kind of study would you be able to conduct? This is merely observational. If you look at attractive people they look directly ahead and down their brow the vast majority of the time.

attractivefacesincaucasian.jpg

1429263149575.png

Even Mathew Mcconaughey someone who had a large nose and elongated face is able to be widely excepted as being attractive because if this characteristic.

matthew-mcconaughey1.jpg

What about Tom Cruise, someone who doesn't have great forward growth and known for having unsymmetrical teeth. This is overlooked because he looks down his brow.

Tom-Cruise-Pics.jpg

I mean look at his side profile...

tomcruise172.jpg

Large nose and clearly recessed maxilla, however he is know for his great looks. I mean aside from his chin being on the stronger side, there is no other redeeming quality about his face other than him looking down his brow.

I know there are some exceptions to this rule, but this seems to be undeniably reoccurring.

Tom cruise has asymmetry in his face and strange teeth alignment, but overall his face is still very attractive, particularly from the front which is where it counts in Hollywood movies. That black and white picture is great not because he is looking down his brow, but because he has rugged facial structure especially along his jawline, has nice plump dark lips, had piercing eyes with a rugged amount of facial hair and really great hair. He has a similar look to Brad Pitt, and it has nothing to do with his gaze and brow. His asymmetrical nose is probably his worst feature, but it isn't too big which is what turns most people off. He has a great face for reaction shots and close ups, not too mention the charisma of a million watt light bulb and is known in the industry for his awesome work ethic and friendliness towards everyone on set.

What you are saying about "looking down the brow" as an important characteristic just seems silly and trivial. That is a typical look, the head facing forward slightly tilted downward, it is a serious look and displays ambition and confidence. There are countless of examples of successful models and movie stars and politicians NOT DOING THIS.

Frankdee20

Did your tail grow ? Ruff

Posture is indicative of good mental health. I suffer from depression/cyclothymia, when I’m in a down stretch, it’s amazing how uncoordinated my posture is; like the weight of the world slouches me over. Then I have good periods where my chest is out, shoulders relaxed, head up, life in my eyes, not the blank nothingness, and gaze straight ahead. It comes from within, I cannot say it better.

cyclops

What does "looking down your brow" mean exactly? I can't tell from the pictures.

sladerunner69

The words you use are impractically subjective and vague unless further specified. How do you define long face? By the legnth of forehead-to-chin vs width of zygos? By chin length? By how much your gumline, or anything other than the teeth themselves, is visible when you smile? By how perpendicular your jawline is in relation to floor? In my opinion the latter two are much significant markers of anatomically functional face than the former two. When the maxilla is sufficiently wide and positioned adequately upward & forward, not much else than the teeth should be visible during a smile. No gumline, no dark empty areas.

If the overall impression of your face is both wide and long, you most likely have great anatomical structure and function. Having seen your pics, you're not ******* adonis tier as you claim, but you do have good skeletal structure

The same person criticizing me for subjectivity- is criticizing my looks. OKAY!

I recognize I was being subjective- I was pressed for time during that comment in between classes. The emasurement would simply be from the base of the chin to the top of the forehead, and the width would be from the cheekbones across the front as well as the width of the jaw. I figured this perspective would be quite obvious but I suppose there could be other more nuanced factors as you explained. I don't believe pushing the maxilla upward would be beneficial because doing so, if possible, would result in a shorter face and many studies have demonstrated that females PREFER LONGER NARROWER FACES TO SHORTER WIDER ONES.

I don't claim to be adonis tier, no where did I claim that. I have my flaws, as the vast majority of individuals. However I do have some noticeably striking features, and have become well known for it. I have a very large chin bordering on the "gigantism" category, as well as similarly wide cheekboned. I fit into a baseball hat that is a size XXXL, and stand at just 5'11'', so proportionally my head looks just massive, luckily I have shoulders proportionally broad, so from a distance I look relatively well proportioned just stocky as hell. This is so you understand that pictures posted on this forum do not accurately demonstrate how large my face really is, and if my goal is to increase the length of my face than I certainly should not be attempting to raise/widen the maxilla.

That said, I am not actually worried with my facial structure, this is just curiosity, and in fact most days I figure I would overall be better off if my looks were scaled back a bit.

Prosper

The same person criticizing me for subjectivity- is criticizing my looks. OKAY!
I shared my perception of your looks. It was neither criticism or praise. You asked if wider and shorter face could be viewed as an improvement, which to me was impossible to answer to without knowing whether by "face" overall skull proportions or just certain facial markers were meant. That's what I meant by subjectivity.

So by facial length you mean the measurement from forehead to chin, yes, in this manner you could say that the overall longer face can often be the more attractive one. This is because the lower third of the face plays such a dominant part in male attractiveness. However, the length/attractiveness dynamic is not as linear for the middle third of the face (from eyes to above upper lip), for which width is a much more significant aesthetical factor than length.

studies have demonstrated that females PREFER LONGER NARROWER FACES TO SHORTER WIDER ONES.
Well this could go either way depending on the types of faces used. Studies like this prove very little, pictures are more illuminating. For example, in the above prototypical attractive vs unattractive male pic the unattractive one is not necessarily unattractive due to the face being wide, but due to the face having almost zero definition (along with obvious less attractive features). Let's see when the attractive prototype is compared to a widened version of itself:

upload_2017-11-21_6-29-58.png

Which one is more attractive now? I think most would perceive the wider version as a more masculine face and therefore more attractive too.

AJC

@Mastodonhugger Yes I too would like an explanation of the DIFFERENCE between looking "down your brow" vs not doing that. From my understanding so far all the pics we've seen have been only of people looking down their brow.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals