What determines having a baby face as an adult?

Ratatopo

I'm 18 and all my life people told me I look 2 years younger or that I have a baby face. My skeletal frame and muscle mass is that of a man but I have a baby face. A combination of fat/water retention, low cheekbones. My face is not feminine looking just baby face. Which hormones caused this. Dht? How can I fix it. It's anoying people judging my knowledge on something based on my appearance

OccamzRazer

I'm 18 and all my life people told me I look 2 years younger or that I have a baby face. My skeletal frame and muscle mass is that of a man but I have a baby face. A combination of fat/water retention, low cheekbones. My face is not feminine looking just baby face. Which hormones caused this. Dht? How can I fix it. It's anoying people judging my knowledge on something based on my appearance
Fix it? Just enjoy it.

You'll look younger in the long run than your peers.

Maybe try some K2 if you're not getting enough from diet, tho.

OP
R

Ratatopo

I can PM pictures to known users that are knowledge on the topic like @JamesGatz

Herbie

Could be that your mum had lots of progesterone, could be that you didn't have high estrogen to bring on strong pubity or weren't aromitsing testosterone to get that older look and rapid aging in pubity.

I think it's mainly what hormones we are exposed to in the womb.

Yeah it's a curse and a blessing. Your in a life situation where you will be a late bloomer and will peak much later in life and will live a long life. Because you look young people will treat you like a child and so you won't get given loads of responsibility which is good and less stressful but you will always be underrated and over looked but if gives you the opportunity to learn things deeply because the time it takes to fully mature and you will appreciate looking and feeling youthful when your 50.

The ones who look rugged and masculine at 18 will peak early in life.

This is my uneducated musings.

OP
R

Ratatopo

Fix it? Just enjoy it.

Yeah I think I'm attractive but I wish I could reduce it.
Could be that your mum had lots of progesterone, could be that you didn't have high estrogen to bring on strong pubity or weren't aromitsing testosterone to get that older look and rapid aging in pubity.

I think it's mainly what hormones we are exposed to in the womb.

Yeah it's a curse and a blessing. Your in a life situation where you will be a late bloomer and will peak much later in life and will live a long life. Because you look young people will treat you like a child and so you won't get given loads of responsibility which is good and less stressful but you will always be underrated and over looked but if gives you the opportunity to learn things deeply because the time it takes to fully mature and you will appreciate looking and feeling youthful when your 50.

The ones who look rugged and masculine at 18 will peak early in life.

This is my uneducated musings.
Yeah my puberty was definitely not strong, I don't even have a lot of armpit hair. This is surely related so if anyone knows how to intensify puberty lmk. I see kids with 11 year old bodies and still have more armpit hair than me

OP
R

Ratatopo

Also I'm 6ft

Herbie

Yeah I think I'm attractive but I wish I could reduce it.

Yeah my puberty was definitely not strong, I don't even have a lot of armpit hair. This is surely related so if anyone knows how to intensify puberty lmk. I see kids with 11 year old bodies and still have more armpit hair than me
Follow Ray's principles, eat enough calories.

Pubity is bought on by high estrogen and stressful life, if pubity starts early, the organism dies sooner, it's not a sign of health.

The reason humans live long is because of late pubity compared to other animals.

The whole cultural norm about 16-21 years being the prime years is only for unhealthy people who just get a short peak in vitality and sex hormones and go into the death spiral soon after, it doesn't have to be that way.

Gânico

Don't let them fool you, having a boneless baby face isn't a synonym of youthfulness , it just indicates poor development. You should aim to look young but with angular/sharper facial features. Hopefully you can fix it by improving your metabolism and hormones while providing adequate mechanical stimulation (mewing, chewing, posture) for bone growth and remodeling

Matestube

It was mostly determined by T levels in the womb and in your first 5 years of existence.
Having said that, you are only 18 and still have a lot of change potential until 25 if you get on MASSIVE T doses NOW.

Don't wait, take 200mg testosterone transdermally on your scrotum every day starting from now, you have 7 years to still make a change, after that the changes will be minimal.

I am 34, have been on 200mg test/day for 2 years, and have good muscular improvements. I already had a masculine jaw and beard, but didn't see much beard increase since starting testosterone, a bit more neck muscle thag gives an even more masculine look.

Matestube

Fix it? Just enjoy it.

Very annoying to be hearing this overly repeated phrase when you suffer from the baby face syndrome.
It's too different things to look young and to look underdeveloped.

Matestube

Pubity is bought on by high estrogen and stressful life, if pubity starts early, the organism dies sooner, it's not a sign of health.

Quite untrue.
People I see with health issues are in their 60s and still look boyish, have all the low T looks.
On the other side, men who got their puberty at 12 and already looked like grown ups at that age (I saw some of their youth pictures) are healthy and strong at 60 or even 70, still with hairy arms, thick wrists and dense beards.
They never complain and have good health markers, horny all the time, laugh, can wake up at 7 in the morning easily.

I don't care if the latter dies sooner than the former, he will have lived like a happy lion, the other one like a sad sheep.

Sunny Jack

So which would be healthier - a "strong" puberty or a "mild" puberty?

Strong puberty would certainly change you more from the "Boy" state, differentiating you as having a "Man" physiognomy.
On the other hand a relatively mild puberty would lend itself to Neoteny, which Ray has said is correlated with a more highly-evolved and creative state.

Matestube

So which would be healthier - a "strong" puberty or a "mild" puberty?

Strong puberty would certainly change you more from the "Boy" state, differentiating you as having a "Man" physiognomy.
On the other hand a relatively mild puberty would lend itself to Neoteny, which Ray has said is correlated with a more highly-evolved and creative state.

Guess what also doesn't evolve other than your face when you have a mild puberty ?
Your organs. That can't be healthy.

Last edited:

VonKeister

Androgens are vital for facial development. Raising them will increase the size of your face relative to your skull, giving you a more mature look. Hypothyroidism also delays bone maturation. Calcium, zinc and vitamin D (if low) can help.

OP
R

Ratatopo

It was mostly determined by T levels in the womb and in your first 5 years of existence.
Having said that, you are only 18 and still have a lot of change potential until 25 if you get on MASSIVE T doses NOW.

Don't wait, take 200mg testosterone transdermally on your scrotum every day starting from now, you have 7 years to still make a change, after that the changes will be minimal.

I am 34, have been on 200mg test/day for 2 years, and have good muscular improvements. I already had a masculine jaw and beard, but didn't see much beard increase since starting testosterone, a bit more neck muscle thag gives an even more masculine look.
I thought using a single hormone was not peat. But some people said I look like I have a permanent snapchat baby face filter on. Meaning my face is short and my eyes even tho hooded are kinda big relative to the face. Where can I get that testosterone cream.

Herbie

Quite untrue.
People I see with health issues are in their 60s and still look boyish, have all the low T looks.
On the other side, men who got their puberty at 12 and already looked like grown ups at that age (I saw some of their youth pictures) are healthy and strong at 60 or even 70, still with hairy arms, thick wrists and dense beards.
They never complain and have good health markers, horny all the time, laugh, can wake up at 7 in the morning easily.

I don't care if the latter dies sooner than the former, he will have lived like a happy lion, the other one like a sad sheep.
This is a pathetic attempt at disputing what I said and irrelevant to the OP who is 18 and can improve his situation with nutrition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals