What determines having a baby face as an adult?

Adonai

Hopefully you can fix it by improving your metabolism and hormones while providing adequate mechanical stimulation (mewing, chewing, posture) for bone growth and remodeling
Yup. Ray Peat diet + chewing tough food/gum + K2 caused a lot of growth in my skull and is continuing to do so.

maillol

This is an interesting subject. Underdeveloped faces are becoming very common in both men and women. I have noticed a significant change in people born from around 1990 onwards. I don't know the cause but I have a few theories...

Xenoestrogens and birth control pills everywhere.
Iron fortified cereals and bread. I have heard that pregnant women are given iron supplements these days too.
Too much of a stress-free up bringing, the baby face is less common in poor countries and poor households. Sort of in line with this, entertainment is very easily accessible now meaning more computer games and less outdoor play.
Vaccines, the MMR came in in 1988.
Possibly pufa but I've seen some very androgenic people grow up despite high pufa diets.

What else has happened since the 90s?

For the OP I would get an iron panel, check it's not too high. Iron can interfere significantly with bone development and if you live in the west you've probably been consuming iron filings for most of your life through bread and cereals. Reducing iron has been a revelation for me recently.

Focus on eliminating bad things before adding in supplements.

golder

Because ?
Because it’s another bold claim without bold evidence. Haidut has said small amounts of testosterone upregulates it’s’ own production, in the same vein Peat speaks of one of the beneficial properties of progesterone. There would be no logical extension to endorse an 18 year apply 200mgs of testosterone to their testes.

Adonai

Does k2 really cause skull growth?
Yes I believe largely due to the fact that it inhibits osteoclastogenesis whilst promoting bone formation, this works synergistically with chewing tough food/gum as tough diets place mechanical stress on the skull, your body will respond to that stress by locally increasing bone formation in the skull to alleviate said stress and create a stronger pillar to chew tough food creating a more robust skull, my cheekbones, brow ridge and jaw have become slightly more robust since taking K2 and chewing tough food.
What dose ash’ and which k2?
I take 60 mg from this

VitoScaletta

We would all like to benefit from your knowledge publicly, why do it via PM ?
Well, if the person in the question has some skeletal-dental problem it can be a cause of his "baby face" and lack of angularity. Like narrow palate, recessed jaw/maxilla etc

A picture says a thousands words...
Maybe he's just fat ;p

VitoScaletta

Yes I believe largely due to the fact that it inhibits osteoclastogenesis whilst promoting bone formation, this works synergistically with chewing tough food/gum as tough diets place mechanical stress on the skull, your body will respond to that stress by locally increasing bone formation in the skull to alleviate said stress and create a stronger pillar to chew tough food creating a more robust skull, my cheekbones, brow ridge and jaw have become slightly more robust since taking K2 and chewing tough food.
Let's goooo

VitoScaletta

This is an interesting subject. Underdeveloped faces are becoming very common in both men and women. I have noticed a significant change in people born from around 1990 onwards. I don't know the cause but I have a few theories...

Xenoestrogens and birth control pills everywhere.
Iron fortified cereals and bread. I have heard that pregnant women are given iron supplements these days too.
Too much of a stress-free up bringing, the baby face is less common in poor countries and poor households. Sort of in line with this, entertainment is very easily accessible now meaning more computer games and less outdoor play.
Vaccines, the MMR came in in 1988.
Possibly pufa but I've seen some very androgenic people grow up despite high pufa diets.

What else has happened since the 90s?

For the OP I would get an iron panel, check it's not too high. Iron can interfere significantly with bone development and if you live in the west you've probably been consuming iron filings for most of your life through bread and cereals. Reducing iron has been a revelation for me recently.

Focus on eliminating bad things before adding in supplements.
I think a big factor is probably low Prenatal Testosterone. Prenatal Testosterone affects general facial structure when you're an adult.

Matestube

There would be no logical extension to endorse an 18 year apply 200mgs of testosterone to their testes.

At what age does it start becoming logical ?

Because I never heard you say my applying 200mg/day test at 34 was illogical.

Matestube

At what lower limit does it become illogical? 14?

Not sure why you direct the question back at me when I already said that to me testosterone was fine at any age.

I'm genuinely interested to know what is the lower limit that you consider fit to start testosterone.

Last edited:

cupofcoffee

Not sure why you direct the question back at me when I already said that to me testosterone was fine at any age.

I'm genuinely interested to know what is the lower limit that you consider fit to start testosterone.
25, unless a guy has delayed puberty ( which Is not OP's case) due to a severe deficiency

cupofcoffee

Mine was pretty delayed. Not sure how much you are talking about but remember not getting pubes until like 15
I don't think that's out of the ordinary, also you ended up developing body-wise pretty well as i understand so i don't think you need to take exogenous testosterone.

here are some articles that might help tho:

maillol

I think a big factor is probably low Prenatal Testosterone. Prenatal Testosterone affects general facial structure when you're an adult.
Yes good point. So while changes might not have been noticeable until the 90s the cause could have started long before in the previous generation.

Matestube

No one agrees with this statement.

Fine by me, that's not why I came here for.

I came here to give an advice to OP, that he will hopefully listen to, to potentially give a life-changing turn to his existence.

@Ratatopo it's your life, you do what you want.
Just know that you have some windows of opportunity at some times in your life, that have to be seized, and if they aren't seized, they are lost forever.

Smelly5

Hypothyroid people have a rounded-face.
Broda Barnes talks about this in his book Hypothyroidism The Unsuspected Illness.

Raising metabolism and androgens improves it.
I'm 28 and have the same issue.

Taking a step back, our societies today have wider spread hypothyroidism (severely decreased average metabolism as vses decades previous).
Look at pictures of national football teams in the 70s, 80s, 90s vese now.
You'll see the men in these photos look like much more masculin men. Looking at photos of today, you can identify much more immature looking facial features in men of the same age.

In my self, my face can look 5 years younger when my digestion is at it's worse.
If I take a serotonin-blocking substance (not a good solution in the long term), my face can look much more mature and masculin in a matter of hours.

ndn

I'm 18 and all my life people told me I look 2 years younger or that I have a baby face. My skeletal frame and muscle mass is that of a man but I have a baby face. A combination of fat/water retention, low cheekbones. My face is not feminine looking just baby face. Which hormones caused this. Dht? How can I fix it. It's anoying people judging my knowledge on something based on my appearac
Cranio mandibular chiropractic / nasal specific technique , combined with starecta movement ?