Wider Face

shepherdgirl

@Arrade
They look so uncomfortable...but I guess worth it in the end if you eventually would not have to wear it and would have fixed the alignment problems.

Interesting. Right now I have a deviated septum so that probably affects me, with mouth breathing or holding my jaw loose/tongue down.
I wasn’t going to do anything til my nose surgery

I have that as well. Probably why my face is f-ed up

@pimpnamedraypeat
Just FYI - My impression (from watching several youtube videos from the Mews) is that mouth breathing is one thing that pulls down the jaw. Some people have their mouths fall open at night and they mouth breathe. I think I would do this too, except I tape my mouth (just enough to keep it closed so I hopefully avoid mouth breathing - I can still breathe at the corners (if necessary) which I leave untaped). Not that I have good oral posture yet, but trying to get there.

I really don't think I mouth breathe

shepherdgirl

@cyclops
It is apparently very important to train the tongue to stay on the roof of the mouth; if you work hard on mewing, but then your tongue goes back to a bad position when you sleep, you undo all or much of your hard work.
I read about a guy who used a myobrace to train his tongue --- not sure but I think it has a little piece or shelf or something that fits inside the upper arch. Has anyone tried anything like that?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Not really sure, maybe kind of in between?
Mine used to be more v shaped before I wore a palate expander in the the early 2000's. Now it's u shaped and my tongue fits. It was a pretty expensive and extensive process though. I just mentioned it because I remember my tongue not fitting in the roof of my mouth at all prior to the orthodontics.

cyclops

Mine used to be more v shaped before I wore a palate expander in the the early 2000's. Now it's u shaped and my tongue fits. It was a pretty expensive and extensive process though. I just mentioned it because I remember my tongue not fitting in the roof of my mouth at all prior to the orthodontics.

Maybe that's what I need. Could you give me any more info on that process? Do you just go to a dentist and ask about it?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Maybe that's what I need. Could you give me any more info on that process? Do you just go to a dentist and ask about it?
I went to an orthodontist because my jaw was sticking open and shut at times when I'd eat. She said to correct the problem I'd have to wear a palate expander on both my upper and lowers. Someone here posted about a similar device that's over the counter. I'll find the link-it might be worth a shot before getting involved in a bunch of orthodontics.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I come from a family with jaw issues. My brothers Teeth did not touch in the middle and his upper jaw was rotated so he had to have surgery. My sister had TMJ for years but believe diet changes and therapy help with her.

My only problem was overcrowding because of a narrow palate. I had the jaw expander but this was before DNA Appliance was invented. My jaw expander was a teeth mold that was glued to my teeth and a metal crank in the middle.

I believe the DNA Appliance uses expansion pressure and vibration to stimulate bone development. The literature on DNA Appliance frequently mentions epigenetics. I would say this is an appliance that would be Ray peat friendly.

meatbag

Both me and a friend's face seemed to really fill out when we took minocycline in our teens/early 20s for acne. ymmv but maybe that will help someone out there :) vit k2 mk4 and vitamin d can probz do the same though tbh but the minocycline dosages were in the 100s of mg.s and we both were outdoors more than most people. Probably a combination of improved respiration, decreased endotoxin, improvement in hormones and effect of the quinones on bone so probably keeping the intestine in check would help too.

I think Peat said something about using dhea changing his tooth alignment so maybe that would help strengthen and correct the facial bones as well :idea:
Now that I think about it redlight might be another thing to consider, most of the people I know with strong looking faces spent a lot of time outdoors :think:
And anything that increases co2 since that's involved in bone
-sorry if these have been discussed, havent read through the whole thread

cyclops

I went to an orthodontist because my jaw was sticking open and shut at times when I'd eat. She said to correct the problem I'd have to wear a palate expander on both my upper and lowers. Someone here posted about a similar device that's over the counter. I'll find the link-it might be worth a shot before getting involved in a bunch of orthodontics.

Did you find that this also widened your face to some degree?

sladerunner69

Astonishing bro science.

"Looking down your brow ridge" Can be translated to good foward growth of the forehead= giving deep seated eye. The soft tissue this covers the upper eye lid and creates a hooded look. Or "Bed room eye"
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzAyNy8wNjEvb3JpZ2luYWwvc3VsdHJ5LWV5ZXMtMTIwNTEwLmpwZw==

Vs Bug eyed terrible growth

eyessss.gif

Eyes are 50% of facial attractiveness. Symmetry positive tilt, forward growth, under eye support. Thats why Tom Cruise is still attractive.
Matthew is not that attractive.
Eye are conveyed "window to the soul" since they are one of the most important organs and convey so much about an individual. From their prenatal environment, fighting ability, health, liver health,aggression...etc. The reason our eyes are white is so other homo sapiens know what we are looking at and can see what it is we want.

Hooded eyes=Hunter Eyes=High fighting success=Attractive.

Appearance is everything. humans are a visual and social species.

Tom Cruise is not attractive though. I have always said that whenever I go to see one of his mission impossible films, and my friends will always agree with me. He has a tooth in the exact center of his mouth, and he is very short. He is effectively on par with Danny DeVito or Joe Pesci in terms of physical attractiveness. The reason people like him as an actor, and pay to see him in movies, is his charisma. Physical perfection isn't very important for male Actors, but an extraordinary level of charisma is a must, and is both a gifted trait and a practiced skill to be honed. I've noticed that the vast majority of people I talk to on a daily basis have low charisma- they are nice but a bit boorish. Tom Cruise clearly knows how to maintain high levels of energy during conversation and is funny and clever in the stereotypical, predictable sort of way that the median person would admire. He is not handsome though. His eyes may be his best "facial feature" but it's simply not enough to put him into the handsome category. Sorry Thomas "Cruise"! (What the heck's with that name, anyway? It has to be the fakest name in the history of hollywood- befitting for a non-handsome shortypants who schmoozed and faked his way into stardome)

GreekDemiGod

The best cue for proper skull posture is to imagine yourself as a puppet play character and someone is pulling a rope through the center of your skull. You need to be in a slight chin tuck position and the back of your head should go up a bit.
If you're sitting glued to the wall your back neck area has to touch and be glued / parallel to the wall.