Can't find an answer to my symptoms

Albion

I have been suffering from an annoying concoction of symptoms for about 7 years now and they are becoming quite life-destroying. To me it feels like an allergic flare up of sorts, but can't quite put my finger on what is triggering them. I'm fairly certain they are all connected because they wax and wane concurrently.

My symptoms consist of:

- A very uncomfortable dry/tight sensation in the face, hard to describe, but it's akin to the feeling of having a layer of glue applied to the skin. Honestly makes me want to rip off my face when it's at it's worst.

- A sensation in the neck which is also hard to describe, but if you have ever had Restless leg syndrome, it kinda feels like that but in the neck.

- Dry eyes/throat (not sure if percieved dryness or real)

- Tremors in the face and neck (gives me massive social anxiety)

- Non Stop body-wide twitching

- General itchiness

I also have mildly clubbed nails which have been ruled as idiopathic after lung + heart + blood tests. Not sure if this is connected.

I've had allergy tests (igG, igE) which didn't show anything significant aside from a mild reaction to egg white, medium reaction to wheat, and high reaction to pollen. However, even when avoiding these things, my symptoms still occur.

I've had thyroid tests, MRI, general blood tests, hormone tests, vitamin + mineral tests. All normal, except Low B12, which i will be addressing very soon.

IMG_4339.jpeg

If anyone has any insights, or any idea on what may be causing all of this i would be extremely grateful. Thanks a bunch.

Edit: My diet is pretty varied. I eat a lot of meat, potatoes, rice, fruit, vegetables, bread +pasta + dairy occasionally (once or twice a week). Don't eat much sweets + chocolate + crisps anymore. However, my whole life up to a year ago i would eat basically anything and everything.

As for my temps, i don't have a thermometer rn, but i think my last reading was around 37.5c.

Last edited:

Peatful

Listing your diet and listing your temps is paramount data here

Diet now
And diet history

No need for small details
But big idea

You might look into histamine intolerance, which isn’t an allergy, but is a problem handling high histamine foods like aged meats and fruits, the pesticides like glysophate in the vegetables and wheat, Histamine Intolerance comes with a very wide range of strange symptoms. I had it. If you have an allergy to wheat maybe you should give up the pasta and bread. Many small things lead to big things, good and bad.

OP
A

Albion

Have you looked into MCAS?
Thanks for the response. I did have a little look into that, but thought symptoms didn't really match up to mine. I'll have another look though.

OP
A

Albion

You might look into histamine intolerance, which isn’t an allergy, but is a problem handling high histamine foods like aged meats and fruits, the pesticides like glysophate in the vegetables and wheat, Histamine Intolerance comes with a very wide range of strange symptoms. I had it. If you have an allergy to wheat maybe you should give up the pasta and bread. Many small things lead to big things, good and bad.
Thanks. I did ask about these symptoms before on a histamine group, but they all just referred me elsewhere, haha. Is there a sure-fire way of knowing if you are histamine intolerant? Or is it just a matter of eating a low histamine diet and seeing if symptoms improve?

Thanks. I did ask about these symptoms before on a histamine group, but they all just referred me elsewhere, haha. Is there a sure-fire way of knowing if you are histamine intolerant? Or is it just a matter of eating a low histamine diet and seeing if symptoms improve?
I had histamine intolerance pretty bad, with strange symptoms like vomiting out of the blue with no upset stomach, a bad arm rash that came and went, sleep issues, swelling and such. Fluoride was the major cause for mine. Your clubbed fingers gets my attention though, and I found this….

“What autoimmune disease causes clubbing?

Though far less common, autoimmune diseases, such as thyroid acropachy, can cause clubbing. Thyroid acropachy is associated with Graves' disease and causes irregular bone growth, swelling in the hands and feet, very dry skin, mental complications, bulging eyes, and swelling around the nose and lips.”

“Chronic gastrointestinal conditions​

The lungs rely on energy to function and transfer oxygen throughout the body. They get this energy from foods that the digestive system breaks down.

The intestines normally function with reduced blood oxygen levels. However, some chronic gastrointestinal (GI) conditions can causeinflammation and reduce oxygen levels further.”

OP
A

Albion

I had histamine intolerance pretty bad, with strange symptoms like vomiting out of the blue with no upset stomach, a bad arm rash that came and went, sleep issues, swelling and such. Fluoride was the major cause for mine. Your clubbed fingers gets my attention though, and I found this….

“What autoimmune disease causes clubbing?

Though far less common, autoimmune diseases, such as thyroid acropachy, can cause clubbing. Thyroid acropachy is associated with Graves' disease and causes irregular bone growth, swelling in the hands and feet, very dry skin, mental complications, bulging eyes, and swelling around the nose and lips.”

“Chronic gastrointestinal conditions​

The lungs rely on energy to function and transfer oxygen throughout the body. They get this energy from foods that the digestive system breaks down.

The intestines normally function with reduced blood oxygen levels. However, some chronic gastrointestinal (GI) conditions can causeinflammation and reduce oxygen levels further.”
Really appreciate you taking the time to look at that, and glad to hear you overcame your symptoms.

I have actually had my thyroid tested a fair few times, and always comes back normal. I suppose theres always a chance the bloods won't show the problem though.

Maybe i do have some sort of gastro issue. I will delve deeper into this.

Thanks a lot.

LucH

Hi,
What about oxalate excess? Impact on methylation and thus nearly all processes. Taking huge dose of acid folic (400 mg every day) ?
Supplement with B9?
Taking high doses of synthetic folic acid in the presence of an MTHFR mutation blocks the ability to absorb and assimilate natural folate and methylfolate. So, you'd better not take more than 200 - 400 mg of vitamin B9 in the form of folic acid every day. (4)

Sources and references:
1. Methylation, MTHFR and Thyroid Dysfunction. By Benjamin Lynch, ND.
4. Sawaengsria H et al. High folic acid intake reduces natural killer cell cytotoxicity in aged mice. DOI:10.1016/j. jnutbio.2015.12.006

Really appreciate you taking the time to look at that, and glad to hear you overcame your symptoms.

I have actually had my thyroid tested a fair few times, and always comes back normal. I suppose theres always a chance the bloods won't show the problem though.

Maybe i do have some sort of gastro issue. I will delve deeper into this.

Thanks a lot.
I am curious to know what you find out.

OP
A

Albion

Hi,
What about oxalate excess? Impact on methylation and thus nearly all processes. Taking huge dose of acid folic (400 mg every day) ?
Supplement with B9?
Taking high doses of synthetic folic acid in the presence of an MTHFR mutation blocks the ability to absorb and assimilate natural folate and methylfolate. So, you'd better not take more than 200 - 400 mg of vitamin B9 in the form of folic acid every day. (4)

Sources and references:
1. Methylation, MTHFR and Thyroid Dysfunction. By Benjamin Lynch, ND.
4. Sawaengsria H et al. High folic acid intake reduces natural killer cell cytotoxicity in aged mice. DOI:10.1016/j. jnutbio.2015.12.006
Thank you. I actually have just started taking 5mg folic acid as a cofactor for b12 injections. I'm not sure if i have the MTHFR mutation, I will take a look into it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals