Need Help With Intolerance To Vitamin D Supplements

nostalgic

I'm surprised to still be alive given the long suffering I've experienced since getting serotonin syndrome 5 months ago, and consequently insanely sensitive to serotonin toxicity.

I just found out I have a severe vitamin d deficiency so I started taking a supmlement but it gives me mild symptoms of serotonin toxicity after a few days and I have to stop. A stabbing pain in my neck, sweating, warm skin, headache etc. I dunno if it'd help to use a uvb lamp instead, it would probably just give me the same symptoms, right?

Could ect possibly fix my faulty serotonin receptors? I'm desperate to try anything. Meds only alleviate symptoms temporarily from what I've tested.

ddjd

Are you taking vit A, k2, E and magnesium also. they all work in synergy

Lucenzo01

Vitamin A, riboflavin and taurine are useful to tolerate D supplements. Anyway, if something its not working the answer normally is stop taking it and try something else.

OP
N

nostalgic

Are you taking vit A, k2, E and magnesium also. they all work in synergy
I forgot to add that I take a multivitamin which contains A, k2 and E. I also use about 300mg magnesium oil each day.

OP
N

nostalgic

Vitamin A, riboflavin and taurine are useful to tolerate D supplements. Anyway, if something its not working the answer normally is stop taking it and try something else.
It's not cheap to buy an uvb lamp so I'd like to know it'll work differently than the supplement.

Taurine? I'll look into that. Thanks.

jitsmonkey

I forgot to add that I take a multivitamin which contains A, k2 and E. I also use about 300mg magnesium oil each day.

If you've been that sick I can promise you your multivitamin is worthless you need some high quality A, K2, E (unless you're referring to estroban as a "multi")
your A needs can be 5-8x your D dose. Beta-carotene isn't gonna make the grade. Fat soluble A w no need for Bc conversion is what you'd want.
And even if you're using estroban its plausible you'd need much more A than is in a single dose and you'd likely want some standalone A for the time being.
the likelihood is you're not having any trouble with your D dose, the likelihood is you're running out of the raw materials needed for D to do its thing

Vit d deficiency is a symptom of low metabolism, raise your metabolism and blood levels go up. Cuz its a hormone not a vitamin.

OP
N

nostalgic

If you've been that sick I can promise you your multivitamin is worthless you need some high quality A, K2, E (unless you're referring to estroban as a "multi")
your A needs can be 5-8x your D dose. Beta-carotene isn't gonna make the grade. Fat soluble A w no need for Bc conversion is what you'd want.
And even if you're using estroban its plausible you'd need much more A than is in a single dose and you'd likely want some standalone A for the time being.
the likelihood is you're not having any trouble with your D dose, the likelihood is you're running out of the raw materials needed for D to do its thing

So eating raw carrots for Vitamin A isn't enough?

which product? theres a lot of crap out there...

It's a multivitamin from my pharmacy, was pretty cheap.

Btw, do you smoke? Have you ever taken accutane?

Nope to both questions.

Vit d deficiency is a symptom of low metabolism, raise your metabolism and blood levels go up. Cuz its a hormone not a vitamin.

I've not spent enough time in the sun the last 10 years so I think that's the reason. Probably have a low metabolism on top of that though.

InChristAlone

Vit D will increase calcium. Get an HTMA. If you have high hair calcium you won't feel good on vit D.

InChristAlone

Go to tanning salon! UVB lamp, summer sunshine. Could also be magnesium deficiency.

InChristAlone

Wouldn't vitamin d from a tanning bed give me the same symptoms? When I take more magnesium I get dizzy.
Not necessarily. Body regulates it better when made in the skin.

Mossy

I've read this many times on this forum, that your A needs to be around 5x your D dose, but I don't do well on A (palmitate). It drys me out and just makes me feel bad. Is it your understanding that every time you take D, you need to take a 5x dose of A, or could a once or twice weekly dose compensate for any lack? If I took it every day, with my D, I'd be a wreck.

raypeatclips

I've read this many times on this forum, that your A needs to be around 5x your D dose, but I don't do well on A (palmitate). It drys me out and just makes me feel bad. Is it your understanding that every time you take D, you need to take a 5x dose of A, or could a once or twice weekly dose compensate for any lack? If I took it every day, with my D, I'd be a wreck.

Have you tried vitamin a topically, or the acetate form?

says who you need it 5x?

Mossy

Have you tried vitamin a topically, or the acetate form?
I have tried A topically several times and it seems to have the same effect. The effect may be a bit less, but not much. I did consider acetate, but I remember reading it is the more potent form. It may be worth a shot. Thanks for offering that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals