Need Help And Advice (ibs-d, Frequent Urination, Fatigue . )

Nick21

I must admit my frustration level is high, after weeks making little progress. I have ibs-d, frequent urination, headaches (neck/shoulders), fatigue, sensitivity to light, disassociation, brain fog, dizziness, sweating clammy feet. I thought this was classical serotonin syndrome, but efforts to address that hypothesis were unsuccessful. The hypothesis paired well with the fact that I have the mao 297 mutation, but I'm unsure recently of its significance, particularly since progesterone, snake root, and pregnelone did not significantly improve my situation. The ibs-d was remedied at a certain threshold of paxil, and also wellbutrin, but they bring a suite of side-effects that are unpleasant, and address few of the other symptoms. The only supplements I found to be (marginally) helpful are vitamin D for mood, vitamin C and vincopetine and zinc for improved brain function (still far to go), methionine and maybe stinging nettle leaf for minimizing diassociation and dizziness. I would also note that post-orgasm the symptoms become worse.

I'm now trying cyproheptadine and I'm on day two, and I immediately had increased brain fog and general malaise on it, and I did not yet see the improved GI impact. My question regarding cyproheptadine is whether other have needed time to see the positive effects on GI, and if I should continue my trial and the symptoms would subside.

tona

I control my IBS-D with flax meal, 1tbs at breakfast and 1tbs after the evening meal mixed with yogurt. I do not eat processed food or sweet things. I do not take medications other than hydrocortisone 20 mg/day and I started with
T3 only (still experimenting with the dosage). All that works for me. IBS is an autoimmune disease and it is very little you can do, it does not go away, just control it.

ddjd

Everything that reduces estrogen stops my frequent urination

tona

How can a person reduce estrogen? We do not eat soya products...

OP
N

Nick21

I control my IBS-D with flax meal, 1tbs at breakfast and 1tbs after the evening meal mixed with yogurt. I do not eat processed food or sweet things. I do not take medications other than hydrocortisone 20 mg/day and I started with
T3 only (still experimenting with the dosage). All that works for me. IBS is an autoimmune disease and it is very little you can do, it does not go away, just control it.
I had thought at one point that a thyroid issue was to blame, but the tests mainly came back as normal or hypothyroid. Supplementation with synthroid did nothing. I am wondering if a UC type drug like humira would work.

OP
N

Nick21

Everything that reduces estrogen stops my frequent urination
I found calcium glucarate significantly increased my libido and had other related effects, but did nothing for my principal symptoms.

Terma

I've had frequent urination and such problems for upwards of 10 years. Most likely it's an immune dysfunction related or unrelated to chronic infection, I can't tell in your case, you'll have to figure it out.

Much of the advice on this forum will worsen frequent urination, because these people have the opposite problem you have. Taurine, progesterone, caffeine in particular will worsen it. Aspirin is also an overrated shitty drug invented by the German conglomerate Bayer, though it's possible it can help resolve renin-angiotensin complications in the right dose, it's trial and error.

The only thing I know of so far that will help with frequent urination is glycine, specifically because it increases vasopressin during the night. Vasopressin is not that bad as ray peat will lead you to believe, it's a circadian rhythm necessity to get you through the night without pissing every 10 minutes.

However I can tell you I have many problems with Glycine such as waking up i nthe night 3 hours after taking it. So it's clearly not the optimal solution. Ultimately you need to find out what is disturbing your immune system in a circadian fashion, but this is extremely, extremely difficult, and I haven't figured it out for myself yet.

Terma

Just to be clear and so you don't mistake what I'm saying:

**** aspirin

(unless you find the specific dose that helps you, your immune system, and your renin-angiotensin system, which is impossibly difficult)

I have every respect for Dave who wrote a book on this that I didn't read, but my personal experience is, for christs ******* sakes do what works for you personally.

Okay I'm a little drunk but everything I'm saying is 100% from personal experience and I will back it up as such.

OP
N

Nick21

Just to be clear and so you don't mistake what I'm saying:

**** aspirin

(unless you find the specific dose that helps you, your immune system, and your renin-angiotensin system, which is impossibly difficult)

I have every respect for Dave who wrote a book on this that I didn't read, but my personal experience is, for christs ******* sakes do what works for you personally.

Okay I'm a little drunk but everything I'm saying is 100% from personal experience and I will back it up as such.

Incidentally, sometimes when I drink (marginally) I can think more clearly. I too am at a total loss, and after 18 years of active searching I have made little headway in certain ways. It is a crushing defeat, and this entire forum filled with the tales of folks who feel so unwell reinforces how far medicine has yet to come. I thought my DNA test would be flashing the disorder I have, but to no avail. I forgot to mention in my symptom list that I have IgA deficiency and psoriasis.

Terma

lol my DNA test was a complete waste. I'm 2% neanderthal, whoopedy doo.

All I can think more is maybe look into Desmopressin at night, read one or two good accounts about it and I might try it later. For IBS-D I got some improvement from adamantane, but the mental effects drove me away.

vulture

Only thing that stopped diarrhea on my rat's IBS-D days was: garlic tea enema EOD, 3 or 4 medium garlic cloves, sliced and boiled for about 5 min, keep the water (about 0.5 liter), put it into my butt, keep it high to reach as much as possible, then after about 5 minutes let rat go to the WC. About a week later there was no IBS-D. It's weird, I got the info on another forum but the guy seemed to used also yogurt, but I wasn't willing to put that into my rat's ****, kinda risky I thought.

OP
N

Nick21

Only thing that stopped diarrhea on my rat's IBS-D days was: garlic tea enema EOD, 3 or 4 medium garlic cloves, sliced and boiled for about 5 min, keep the water (about 0.5 liter), put it into my butt, keep it high to reach as much as possible, then after about 5 minutes let rat go to the WC. About a week later there was no IBS-D. It's weird, I got the info on another forum but the guy seemed to used also yogurt, but I wasn't willing to put that into my rat's ****, kinda risky I thought.

I wonder if that implies your problem was bacterial in nature, rather than some receptor, serotonin, histamine, intolerance issue.

OP
N

Nick21

lol my DNA test was a complete waste. I'm 2% neanderthal, whoopedy doo.

All I can think more is maybe look into Desmopressin at night, read one or two good accounts about it and I might try it later. For IBS-D I got some improvement from adamantane, but the mental effects drove me away.

I was so hopeful the DNA test would clarify the problem, but like everything else my hopes were completely in vain.

Xisca

I understand very well your problems and I got some of this when I arrived in the Canaries....
You gonna understand why....
Then I came across RP and went more into our good local fruits and good local raw goat cheese!
Catastrophe.
Pee at night etc. Hot flashes too. Actually it started with eating more fruits here, got better when using even more, as it gave me energy, but then had to eat every 2 hours and tooth decay and colds and fatigue and bad sleep. Cortisol issues.

Then I found out nutritional balance through hair test. No more needed to be the Guinea pig for trying supps!

Then somebody told me his success to reverse a life long IBS problem with bleeding. Carnivore diet. I have just read the story of auto-immune reversals of the daughter of famous Jordan Peterson. Also I am in a group created by Phil Escott who reverse auto-immune psoriasis with arthritis. The only diet nobody can figure out without being told about it...

You CAN beat auto-immune health issues! Good luck!

burtlancast

I control my IBS-D with flax meal, 1tbs at breakfast and 1tbs after the evening meal mixed with yogurt.

It was discovered serendipously in 2010 that flaxseed contains CBD (cannabionoid).

Here's a collection of articles detailing how CBD supplementation helps control IBS.

Maybe this solution is preferable than ingesting the whole flaxseed, which contains a lot of PUFAS.

OP
N

Nick21

I understand very well your problems and I got some of this when I arrived in the Canaries....
Then I came across RP and went more into our good local fruits and good local raw goat cheese!
Catastrophe.
Pee at night etc. Hot flashes too. Actually it started with eating more fruits here, got better when using even more, as it gave me energy, but then had to eat every 2 hours and tooth decay and colds and fatigue and bad sleep. Cortisol issues.

Then I found out nutritional balance through hair test. No more needed to be the Guinea pig for trying supps!

Then somebody told me his success to reverse a life long IBS problem with bleeding. Carnivore diet. I have just read the story of auto-immune reversals of the daughter of famous Jordan Peterson. Also I am in a group created by Phil Escott who reverse auto-immune psoriasis with arthritis. The only diet nobody can figure out without being told about it...

I was unaware of the Peterson story, and thanks for bringing it up. It seems that a modified near-keto diet has helped them both. I find Coq10 is a supplement that certainly helps with elevating energy, and minimizing fatigue. I will need considerable amounts of luck to track down the problem!

OP
N

Nick21

It was discovered serendipously in 2010 that flaxseed contains CBD (cannabionoid).

Here's a collection of articles detailing how CBD supplementation helps control IBS.

Maybe this solution is preferable than ingesting the whole flaxseed, which contains a lot of PUFAS.
Whenever I take salmon oil I immediately have a suite of symptoms for reasons I cannot understand (dizziness and headache). I find evening primose oil works and I get benefits, but it gives me a blast of acne which dissuades its use in my instance. I am always amazed by the lack of good fortune or a little luck.

Xisca

I was unaware of the Peterson story, and thanks for bringing it up. It seems that a modified near-keto diet has helped them both.
And me too! Zero carb diet until I figure out if IBS is gone. Worth a try. In a few days you know if it helps.
Did you find Phil Escott?
The best benefits seem to be for gut issues and auto-immunity.

yerrag

Nick,

How did this all start? What you are telling us seem to be different issues at different times rolled into one sentence. Can we have a timeline?

vulture

Catastrophe.

Carnivore diet? Just meats?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals