Can Someone Please Try To Help Me With My Situation?

theLaw

@theLaw I normally take 6-10 capsules, once a week or two. I think Haidut said he does something like this. I've never tried such large doses as you recommend, but I will.

Does this ever worry you? (from toxinless.com)...
"Fine powders vs granular charcoal
I think fine powders are more active due to their increased surface area. However, Ray Peat has pointed out that fine powders may have persorption, (absorption into blood/lymph) issues. That makes me suggest using a granular form if you're going to use it long term, with the fine powders reserved for acute issues."

Not sure how much Haidut takes, but I would bet that it's at least a Tbsp or more (around 15G or 60 pills).

As for the persorption, that's a good point about the fine powders. I'll check that out.

Also, keep in mind that Peat is extremely cautious when it comes to discussing supplements of any kind, so he might just be erring on the side of caution here.

Thanks!:D

OP
N

nostalgic

When I minimized gut irritants, then ac was no problem, but it can slow down digestion to a crawl especially if you have thyroid issues.

Even when I had bad reactions early on, it was followed by better health over the next few days.

Haidut has also suggested taking it with MCT/Coconut oil to clean out the gut, so you might try that. That mixture seems like the easiest on the digestive system.
So you're saying that it will get worse first and then get better after a few days? Will the activated charcoal kill off the bad bacteria and result in me getting worse from them releasing toxins when dying? Or why would I get worse at first?

theLaw

I just measured, 20 capsules of Natures Way AC = 1 Tbs.

Looks like one tablespoon of charcoal equals about ten grams.

Are these 500mg or 250mg capsules?

For some reason I had remembered that 45G was needed to clean out the gut, which I thought was 3T. I'll find that other thread and correct my post. 4T is what VOS mentioned in his threads, so I used that as a base.

Last edited:

theLaw

So you're saying that it will get worse first and then get better after a few days? Will the activated charcoal kill off the bad bacteria and result in me getting worse from them releasing toxins when dying? Or why would I get worse at first?

It doesn't kill the bacteria, but just removes it completely.

Initially, it might just feel like your digestion has slowed considerably, which might feel uncomfortable.

On the other hand, if you have endotoxin issues, then it might give immediate relief.

OP
N

nostalgic

Initially, it might just feel like your digestion has slowed considerably, which might feel uncomfortable.

On the other hand, if you have endotoxin issues, then it might give immediate relief.
Wow, that sounds amazing. I'll definitely pick some up then. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

EIRE24

Taken with cascara I imagine it would be a powerful combo, or any laxative for that matter?

theLaw

I would not call 50g of charcoal a few pills. That's the amount usually required to flush the colon and absorb most/all of the living gunk in there. If you buy the Solgar charcoal it has 100 pills at 280mg each. If you ingest the entire bottle (something I have done as an experiment) you'd still be consuming only half of the required charcoal for significant bacterial elimination. And let me tell you - ingesting 100 pills (or 28g) of charcoal is not easy or pleasant. So, while the full gut flush with charcoal is possible it's probably not practical for most people. Peat's recommendations were to take about 14-15 pills 3 times a day to stop endotoxin. That I think is much more practical and based on symptoms I have noticed it seems to also lower serotonin big time.

Some people get constipation from AC, I usually don't. However, if already constipated AC can definitely make it worse. With lower doses (5-10 capsules) you should not be seeing much effect on bowel regularity.

That's the dose (50G) given in hospitals when endotoxin overload is suspected. Combined with coconut oil as per my other post it may be even more effective. Can't vouch for products, but if the hospitals use stuff for poisoning cases and it works then it should have some benefit for endotoxin too. I would ask Peat what charcoal specifications he recommends so we can judge the products better.

So it appears that my 4T estimate was actually short by 1T. 50g = 5T.:cool:

D

danishispsychic

dont shoot me, im going to go out on a limb here - have you tried Claritin D? the one behind the pharma counter ? for me- when my gut goes crazy it is because of mass histamine freakiness and when i pop one of those, it is like a magic pill. they work- i found out my accident when my doctor told me to get some because there was fluid in my inner ear. well, after taking... i was like a whole new person and my gut was super better. just a thought.....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals