Chronic Serotonin Toxicity? Need A Help!

OP
G

ginny-red

At the height of the anxiety cyproheptadine did not solve much thing because about 1 or 2 hours after taking 4 or 8 mg the unwanted thoughts already attacked again, the strongest problem of the anxiety that I had were the thoughts.
And how long did you take cyproheptadine and what doses?
I'm also struggling with anxiety connected with intrusive thoughts, I have the same symptoms and it's been already 1.5 month after SS and still fighting.

InChristAlone

If cypro doesn't work then the serotonin syndrome is not continuing. As that is the cure for it. You are basically stuck in fight or flight. It is a part of our lizard brain that senses we are not safe. The only way out of this is to connect with your nervous system and help it calm and keep reminding it that you aren't in danger you are safe. There are a few things you can practice to send this message. Every time you have an intrusive thought don't let it grow, don't give it attention. But also what you resist persists, so let the shakes and tremors come up and out to release the adrenaline. Another way of helping your nervous system regulate after a period of heightened anxiety is to practice grounding methods, feel yourself sitting in a chair feel all your body parts and gently hug yourself to feel that you are safe. I know it's hard in the beginning as sensations give you anxiety. I went through it. But this is how I got out. I also did some tapping when the anxiety was growing. tapping that I am okay I can handle this.

GutFeeling

With b vits to inhibit lipolysis, no pufa zinc, mag and the Mb the cure came fast, or at least the relief. Omega 3/6 are extremely potent in boosting serotonin. About 4 years ago SS started with a weak intensity, 2 years ago I had a gastritis, I ended up going to the paleo world, cut starch and minimize even more pufa minimized the gastritis, so I stayed in this world for a while, betaine hcl relieved my stomach almost completely. After almost a year I started to see that paleo was not so good and discovered Ray Peat. This helped me a bit, with the time I started to make a peat diet with less than 2g of omega 3 / 6PUFA a day, this gave me a peace. I still had some weak crises. I start to avoid plastic, started using b vitamins and zinc. This style left me almost 100% but still had some intrusive thoughts, now cypro stopped them for almost a day. I started to use topical magnesium, then the intrusive thoughts have stopped almost totally, even without cypro. After I started to use MB I received a bost of energy and well being and the intrusive thoughts finally end 99%

Haidut made a post that shows that intrusive thoughts are caused by low GABA, Magnesium, Taurine and Glycine increase gaba or act like it.

The gastritis was deficiency of hcl, today I believe that hcl deficiency is married by bad thyroid. And without hcl the stomach and intestine tend to inflamate.

GutFeeling

I'm also struggling with anxiety connected with intrusive thoughts, I have the same symptoms and it's been already 1.5 month after SS and still fighting.
My case was very serious, as I said in the crisis I even thought about suicide, although I would never do it, my head was on fire.
The summary that cured me was to avoid pufas and stop their effects by inhibiting lipolysis, receiving proper nutrition, increasing gaba and reducing inflammation. Sodium bicarbonate, magnesium, cyproheptadine and several other things mentioned in this forum are good anti inflammatory, but it is worth remembering that cypro tends to cause constipation.

Try to do the buteyko method of breathing or simply breathe less and slow to increase Co2 maybe this is the quickest way to end the anxiety.

In the forum there are examples of things that inhibit lipolysis, niacinamide, stearic acid and others.

Jamo77

Well cooked button mushrooms are really good for mood and digestion in my experience.

The dairy thing is something you have to experiment with. Personally I'm still experimenting with different types of dairy but I have to say I notice benefits when I'm dairy free. Better digestion, clearer head, more energy and motivation, feel more manly and less wimpy haha.

The gut bacteria thing is a whole crazy rabbit hole. I recommend searching the forum for discussion about it and checking what Ray has said about it.

@damngoodcoffee what foods do you eat?

raypeatclips

Potatoes, white rice, beef, lean chicken, eggs are my staples I'd say.

On top of that some fruits, fruit juice, mushrooms, broccoli, coconut oil, coffee, strong nettle tea for calcium. Something like that. :)

How you finding it? This is exactly the same as my diet, except I still drink milk and eat ice cream and yoghurt.

How you finding it? This is exactly the same as my diet, except I still drink milk and eat ice cream and yoghurt.
Seems good to me! :) I feel good.
I eat dairy too from time to time but always regret it. My stomach is so flat without it. :p Makes me feel sort of slow and weird.

Dear all!

I was reading this forum for a while, now it's time for me to post because I still have a lot of questions.
Long story short:
I'm 23 years old female, always very slim and with problems with appetite. Never had any mental illnesses, I was a very happy person with normal life, never felt something like anxiety or anything like that, only wanted to gain weight. The whole life I had a constipation and probably IBS.
At the end of February 2018 (22nd exactly) I bought a nutrient for mass making with a lot of amino acids in it (tryptophan, tyrosine, a little of BCAA, EAA, etc.). When I first took it (as a drink, a high amount, about 800 kcal - it was also 22nd of February), I had a headache almost immediately, but I thought that my organism needs to get used to that, so next day I also drank this and also in next days. During this period, I had a lot of stress (connected with private relationship), but I was always doing well with stress. This time was different. After 4-5 days of stress + a lot of protein nutrient (daily about 800-1000 kcal), I loss my appetite, I was feeling really bad - my muscles were shaking very hard, I was filling really cold, I was blaming myself about everything (connected with relationship) so it was huge feeling of guilt, also I was in really bad mental condition - not crying, but had a HUGE ANXIETY day by day. I thought it's maybe connected with all stress situations (I changed my job, have problems in relationship) so I bought Rhodiola and some calming medications, but it still didn't help (I was also drinking this protein drink every day...). It only got worse. After that I decided to go to psychiatrist first time in my life (8th of March). She didn't know that I'm drinking any protein drinks or taking Rhodiola, so she prescribed me SSRI (Sertraline). She said that I have to take 25mg in first few days, then 50mg. First day of Sertraline was awful, I had goose bumps, huge anxiety, intrusive thoughts, I was afraid of everything, had nightmares, but my doctor said it's normal in first days. Next 3 days were the same, even worse - dry mouth, no appetite, intrusive thoughts, huge feel of guilt, huge anxiety, trouble sleeping, chills, feeling really cold. I had one day of break, I drank protein drink before sleeping, then in the morning I took 50mg of SSRI. This day was a nightmare - 30 minutes after taking SSRI I almost lost my consciousness - largest anxiety I've ever had in my life, suicidal thoughts, huge feel of guilt, headache, pulse 120, tremors, chills, billion thoughts per second. It lasted about 3 hours, I was looking for something connected with serotonin and found that something like serotonin syndrome does exist. After that I realized that I have to go to the doctor. She said it could be serotonin toxicity and gave me propranolol and told me to not take anything connected with serotonin. So I put all medications/protein drinks away. First week was terrible. Huge anxiety, diarrhea, headache, tremors, nightmares, trouble sleeping. I went to the neurologist and he prescribed me Propranolol, which did not help. After that I went to other doc and he prescribed me Cyproheptadine. I was taking this for about one week, it helped a little, but still had headaches, tremors, goosebumps and anxiety. I was looking for medications and solutions so I tried Magnesium + B6, vitamin D, B1, C, Omega 3, phosphatidylserin and Ashwagandha. After almost one month past SS (so after Cypro, vit B6 + Mg, Omega 3 treatment), I did a lot of labor tests.
My results (some of them) in serum from 05.04.2018:
TSH - 3,39 uIU/ml (norm: 0,27 - 4,20)
Cortisol - 28,47 ug/dl (norm: 5,27-22,45 at 7-9:30 AM and it was took about 9AM) - above norm
Prolactin - 12,9 ng/ml (norm: 2,8-29,3)
Serotonin - 98,7 ug/l (norm: 117,5-193,3) - below the norm (!)
Ca - 9,99 mg/dl (norm: 8,1-10,4)

Tryptophan - 13 mg/l (norm: <10) - above norm (!)
Tyrosine - 8 mg/l (norm: <17) - maybe to low?
GABA - <1 mg/l (norm: <5) - maybe to low?
Cystine - 5 mg/l (norm: <34)
Isoleucine - 5 mg/l (norm: <20)
Valin - 23 mg/l
Leucine - 16 mg/l (norm: <25)
If you need more results from amino acids test, I can give them.

Now I'm taking all of the vitamins (B1, D, C, Omega 3, B6, Mg) + BCAA (for last 4 days). I tried also phenylalnin and l-tyrosine, but it made me worse (more chills, anxiety, goosebumps). I decided to take only BCAA.
Today I took BCAA before breakfast but still have everyday symptoms: diarrhea every morning, strong headache, feel of guilt (I must to admit to my all lies from my whole life, I wasn't like that before!), anxiety, small appetite, tremors, chills - I still feel cold, goosebumps, a lot of thoughts, hard to focus, somnolence. The good thing is that I sleep very well without breaks, but I wake up anxious and stressed - I think those two symptoms are much stronger in the morning. I'm not sad, I don't cry, sometimes I laugh and I don't have problems with humor, I'm just anxious and it's hard for me to focus and motivate, I still feel stressed.
I try to eat regularly, I drink coffee (1-2), work every day, but it's really hard.

Could you please somehow help me and advice what to do? Doctors in my country do not know how to treat this, even they told me that they didn't know if serotonin or amino acids can be tested.
I'm just thinking if it's some type of chronic serotonin toxicity or maybe it is caused by to low serotonin (looking at the test)? Also I'm thinking about my diarrhea and IBS, if my whole life I had a constipations, could it be somehow connected with serotonin metabolism in my whole life?
It's weird that I have excess tryptophan and to low serotonin... Please advise!

If you have any questions, please ask. I'll be very grateful for help because I'm really tired of this and I'd like to back to my normal life. Thanks.

You cannot get serotonin syndrome by taking SSRI for only one week, it takes one month to work.
That you took Rhodiola for a while is also to short to develop an SS.
And taking these SSRI can exaggerate symptoms, but does not mean serotonin syndrome per sé.
I think you are suffering from to much stress therefore overstimulation of adrenaline affecting your neuroendometabolic system.

So you should not take any stimulants like caffeine, because they increase stress response and block adenosine that helps you heal.

Caffeine affects cardiovascular and neuroendocrine activation at work and home.
"This study investigated the effects of moderate doses of caffeine on ambulatory blood pressure and heart rate, urinary excretion of epinephrine, norepinephrine, and cortisol, and subjective measures of stress during normal activities at work and at home in the evening."
"Furthermore, caffeine may exaggerate sympathetic adrenal-medullary responses to the stressful events of normal daily life."

Adenosine: An immune modulator of inflammatory bowel diseases
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2751993/

"Adenosine is an important modulator of inflammation and its anti-inflammatory effects have been well established in humans as well as in animal models. High extracellular adenosine suppresses and resolves chronic inflammation in IBD models. High extracellular adenosine levels could be achieved by enhanced adenosine absorption and increased de novo synthesis. Increased adenosine concentration leads to activation of the A2a receptor on the cell surface of immune and epithelial cells that would be a potential therapeutic target for chronic intestinal inflammation."

OP
G

ginny-red

You cannot get serotonin syndrome by taking SSRI for only one week, it takes one month to work.
That you took Rhodiola for a while is also to short to develop an SS.
And taking these SSRI can exaggerate symptoms, but does not mean serotonin syndrome per sé.
I think you are suffering from to much stress therefore overstimulation of adrenaline affecting your neuroendometabolic system.
I won't be so sure because I was taking also a lot of tryptophan for 3 weeks, I think this mainly caused my SS - have all post-SS symptoms like headaches, muscle twitches, serotonin sensitivity, intrusive thoughts, anxiety and so on.
Stress is also an addition to all these symptoms. Ashwagandha is pro-serotonin and it's herb - I don't want to mess with herbs again, they can more then I thought.
What do you think about propranolol? My doc prescribed this to me for my muscle twitches, maybe this could help with adrenaline?
Regarding caffeine, I drink only one/two coffees per day + eventually one black tea, so I think it's not such a huge amount of caffeine.
I also took cyproheptadine 1mg yesterday and 1mg today, I'm looking for effects. Otherwise, I'm taking 10mg of Zinc and small dose of Mg daily.
My lab test revealed that I have small amount of GABA in my serum, maybe that's the issue of my intrusive thoughts. I'm looking for niacinamide, I'm gonna give it a try.

I won't be so sure because I was taking also a lot of tryptophan for 3 weeks, I think this mainly caused my SS - have all post-SS symptoms like headaches, muscle twitches, serotonin sensitivity, intrusive thoughts, anxiety and so on.
Stress is also an addition to all these symptoms. Ashwagandha is pro-serotonin and it's herb - I don't want to mess with herbs again, they can more then I thought.
What do you think about propranolol? My doc prescribed this to me for my muscle twitches, maybe this could help with adrenaline?
Regarding caffeine, I drink only one/two coffees per day + eventually one black tea, so I think it's not such a huge amount of caffeine.
I also took cyproheptadine 1mg yesterday and 1mg today, I'm looking for effects. Otherwise, I'm taking 10mg of Zinc and small dose of Mg daily.
My lab test revealed that I have small amount of GABA in my serum, maybe that's the issue of my intrusive thoughts. I'm looking for niacinamide, I'm gonna give it a try.

Well, Tryptophan has to be converted to serotonin first, and if you take it with protein, it will not get converted that much. Then it is not a cause of SS.
propranolol is an antihistamine, ant serotonine, which interferes with serotonin removing substance P. Substance P is involved in IBS. So taking propranolol interferes with your healing of gut.
Also taking the drug caffeine / xanthines interferes with the GABA siganling, you need GABA to heal your gut. This is not advised.
Your labtest test for GABA in serum that is indirectly related to brain GABA. Probably your GABA is low because of caffeine use and of it being used against inflammation of gut.
If you cannot tolerate digestion of herbs, then dont take them, but if you can take an GABA enhancer like Gotu kola.

Jerimy Brown

Yes I'm in a very good place now. Powerful antibiotics started my symptoms so I didn't use any to recover. The things that helped me most were: tumeric, caffeine (but only caffeine pills have helped), coconut oil, carrot salad, goat milk, caloric surplus, sun exposure (tanning) for at least 30 minutes a day, triphala, avoiding too high fat consumption, walking every day, and plenty of fruit consumption with an emphasis on blueberries.

I just wanted to say thanks to you @Constatine, I have gotten more good information from your replies to other people, than all the other reading I have done... I am in week 7 of my recovery and able to experiment with foods a bit now... Started adding goat milk, and will have to try carrot salad again, I stopped that a few weeks ago, because I found every meal following it caused saver cramping for me, so I wondered if it was too abrasive on my gut at the time, but might be able to try it again now that I am getting noticeably better. I am also noticing my appetite coming back, and my stomach growls a lot now. Curious if you have any thoughts on why the carrot salad didn't work for me initially, or is it possible to have too much raw carrot, because I would also get very cold after eating it, and because I was just spooning shredded carrot into a bowl, I may have been getting more than I needed?

Constatine

I just wanted to say thanks to you @Constatine, I have gotten more good information from your replies to other people, than all the other reading I have done... I am in week 7 of my recovery and able to experiment with foods a bit now... Started adding goat milk, and will have to try carrot salad again, I stopped that a few weeks ago, because I found every meal following it caused saver cramping for me, so I wondered if it was too abrasive on my gut at the time, but might be able to try it again now that I am getting noticeably better. I am also noticing my appetite coming back, and my stomach growls a lot now. Curious if you have any thoughts on why the carrot salad didn't work for me initially, or is it possible to have too much raw carrot, because I would also get very cold after eating it, and because I was just spooning shredded carrot into a bowl, I may have been getting more than I needed?
I'm so glad to hear that. That is a pretty common side effect of carrots, I found that I reacted poorly to the average supermarket carrot but very fresh carrots helped me. It's common for carrots to be dipped in chlorine so that might contribute. Nevertheless bamboo shoots seem to work better than carrots for most people anyway. Please update me to how you respond to goat milk. It's great but don't go over board with it as too high a fat intake can be hard on those with gut problems.

Jerimy Brown

I'm so glad to hear that. That is a pretty common side effect of carrots, I found that I reacted poorly to the average supermarket carrot but very fresh carrots helped me. It's common for carrots to be dipped in chlorine so that might contribute. Nevertheless bamboo shoots seem to work better than carrots for most people anyway. Please update me to how you respond to goat milk. It's great but don't go over board with it as too high a fat intake can be hard on those with gut problems.

I've learned the hard way, not to go overboard with anything, but thanks for the advice, for sure. For me, easy introduction seems to be key... Never had gut problems prior to this serotonin overload, so as I heal, gut issues are quickly fading. I basically just have it in the morning to make a smoothie... I use a half-cup of goat milk, a cup or two of fresh blue berries, a few table spoons of coconut milk, a dab of coconut oil, and a cup of artesian water, sometimes add a little honey, and always have a cup of broth with it for some protein.

Constatine

I've learned the hard way, not to go overboard with anything, but thanks for the advice, for sure. For me, easy introduction seems to be key... Never had gut problems prior to this serotonin overload, so as I heal, gut issues are quickly fading. I basically just have it in the morning to make a smoothie... I use a half-cup of goat milk, a cup or two of fresh blue berries, a few table spoons of coconut milk, a dab of coconut oil, and a cup of artesian water, sometimes add a little honey, and always have a cup of broth with it for some protein.
Ooo, that sounds really good. I'll have to try that some time.

Jerimy Brown

If cypro doesn't work then the serotonin syndrome is not continuing. As that is the cure for it. You are basically stuck in fight or flight. It is a part of our lizard brain that senses we are not safe. The only way out of this is to connect with your nervous system and help it calm and keep reminding it that you aren't in danger you are safe. There are a few things you can practice to send this message. Every time you have an intrusive thought don't let it grow, don't give it attention. But also what you resist persists, so let the shakes and tremors come up and out to release the adrenaline. Another way of helping your nervous system regulate after a period of heightened anxiety is to practice grounding methods, feel yourself sitting in a chair feel all your body parts and gently hug yourself to feel that you are safe. I know it's hard in the beginning as sensations give you anxiety. I went through it. But this is how I got out. I also did some tapping when the anxiety was growing. tapping that I am okay I can handle this.

I just wanted to say that I found tapping helped with my anxiety as well, plus it gave me something more positive to focus on. My mother has been practicing this for a long time, and I used to tease her about it, but when my symptoms were at their peak, I got so desperate for any relief that I opened my mind to all sorts of ideas... Tapping was one that seemed to really help with anxiety, and with some of the emotional stress of the moment. Needless to say, I am not teasing my mother and wife about it anymore, and even as I am healing, tapping is something I am continuing to practice and learn about. It's important that you know, when your symptoms are really bad, it may take quite a few sessions to bring yourself down a noticeable amount, but I found it to be helpful, and I find now that it's helping me be present in my own body, and helping me to notice when my more mild symptoms are improving or not.

Maggiemccall

Dear all!

I was reading this forum for a while, now it's time for me to post because I still have a lot of questions.
Long story short:
I'm 23 years old female, always very slim and with problems with appetite. Never had any mental illnesses, I was a very happy person with normal life, never felt something like anxiety or anything like that, only wanted to gain weight. The whole life I had a constipation and probably IBS.
At the end of February 2018 (22nd exactly) I bought a nutrient for mass making with a lot of amino acids in it (tryptophan, tyrosine, a little of BCAA, EAA, etc.). When I first took it (as a drink, a high amount, about 800 kcal - it was also 22nd of February), I had a headache almost immediately, but I thought that my organism needs to get used to that, so next day I also drank this and also in next days. During this period, I had a lot of stress (connected with private relationship), but I was always doing well with stress. This time was different. After 4-5 days of stress + a lot of protein nutrient (daily about 800-1000 kcal), I loss my appetite, I was feeling really bad - my muscles were shaking very hard, I was filling really cold, I was blaming myself about everything (connected with relationship) so it was huge feeling of guilt, also I was in really bad mental condition - not crying, but had a HUGE ANXIETY day by day. I thought it's maybe connected with all stress situations (I changed my job, have problems in relationship) so I bought Rhodiola and some calming medications, but it still didn't help (I was also drinking this protein drink every day...). It only got worse. After that I decided to go to psychiatrist first time in my life (8th of March). She didn't know that I'm drinking any protein drinks or taking Rhodiola, so she prescribed me SSRI (Sertraline). She said that I have to take 25mg in first few days, then 50mg. First day of Sertraline was awful, I had goose bumps, huge anxiety, intrusive thoughts, I was afraid of everything, had nightmares, but my doctor said it's normal in first days. Next 3 days were the same, even worse - dry mouth, no appetite, intrusive thoughts, huge feel of guilt, huge anxiety, trouble sleeping, chills, feeling really cold. I had one day of break, I drank protein drink before sleeping, then in the morning I took 50mg of SSRI. This day was a nightmare - 30 minutes after taking SSRI I almost lost my consciousness - largest anxiety I've ever had in my life, suicidal thoughts, huge feel of guilt, headache, pulse 120, tremors, chills, billion thoughts per second. It lasted about 3 hours, I was looking for something connected with serotonin and found that something like serotonin syndrome does exist. After that I realized that I have to go to the doctor. She said it could be serotonin toxicity and gave me propranolol and told me to not take anything connected with serotonin. So I put all medications/protein drinks away. First week was terrible. Huge anxiety, diarrhea, headache, tremors, nightmares, trouble sleeping. I went to the neurologist and he prescribed me Propranolol, which did not help. After that I went to other doc and he prescribed me Cyproheptadine. I was taking this for about one week, it helped a little, but still had headaches, tremors, goosebumps and anxiety. I was looking for medications and solutions so I tried Magnesium + B6, vitamin D, B1, C, Omega 3, phosphatidylserin and Ashwagandha. After almost one month past SS (so after Cypro, vit B6 + Mg, Omega 3 treatment), I did a lot of labor tests.
My results (some of them) in serum from 05.04.2018:
TSH - 3,39 uIU/ml (norm: 0,27 - 4,20)
Cortisol - 28,47 ug/dl (norm: 5,27-22,45 at 7-9:30 AM and it was took about 9AM) - above norm
Prolactin - 12,9 ng/ml (norm: 2,8-29,3)
Serotonin - 98,7 ug/l (norm: 117,5-193,3) - below the norm (!)
Ca - 9,99 mg/dl (norm: 8,1-10,4)

Tryptophan - 13 mg/l (norm: <10) - above norm (!)
Tyrosine - 8 mg/l (norm: <17) - maybe to low?
GABA - <1 mg/l (norm: <5) - maybe to low?
Cystine - 5 mg/l (norm: <34)
Isoleucine - 5 mg/l (norm: <20)
Valin - 23 mg/l
Leucine - 16 mg/l (norm: <25)
If you need more results from amino acids test, I can give them.

Now I'm taking all of the vitamins (B1, D, C, Omega 3, B6, Mg) + BCAA (for last 4 days). I tried also phenylalnin and l-tyrosine, but it made me worse (more chills, anxiety, goosebumps). I decided to take only BCAA.
Today I took BCAA before breakfast but still have everyday symptoms: diarrhea every morning, strong headache, feel of guilt (I must to admit to my all lies from my whole life, I wasn't like that before!), anxiety, small appetite, tremors, chills - I still feel cold, goosebumps, a lot of thoughts, hard to focus, somnolence. The good thing is that I sleep very well without breaks, but I wake up anxious and stressed - I think those two symptoms are much stronger in the morning. I'm not sad, I don't cry, sometimes I laugh and I don't have problems with humor, I'm just anxious and it's hard for me to focus and motivate, I still feel stressed.
I try to eat regularly, I drink coffee (1-2), work every day, but it's really hard.

Could you please somehow help me and advice what to do? Doctors in my country do not know how to treat this, even they told me that they didn't know if serotonin or amino acids can be tested.
I'm just thinking if it's some type of chronic serotonin toxicity or maybe it is caused by to low serotonin (looking at the test)? Also I'm thinking about my diarrhea and IBS, if my whole life I had a constipations, could it be somehow connected with serotonin metabolism in my whole life?
It's weird that I have excess tryptophan and to low serotonin... Please advise!

If you have any questions, please ask. I'll be very grateful for help because I'm really tired of this and I'd like to back to my normal life. Thanks.

Maggiemccall

Hello.. From experience anxiety is nearly always low blood sugar.... one reason why you wake in the morning even more anxious. You should not take tryptophan at all, Have you listened to Ray Peat on Tryptophan? And when you took the amino acids. did it have sugar with it? protein also lowers blood sugar if no sugar your body will make sugar via the stress cortisol response, ie dissolve your muscles to get the glucose it needs. remember protein also stimulates insulin so you should always have carbs with protein... what did you take with the amino acids? I suggest when you get the anxiety. have a huge, huge spoonful of sugar/ honey and see if your anxiety lifts. And I would wake yourself up in the night and have a salty Orange juice, even if you do not normally wake up, set your alarm. Your TSH is high, yes within the range, but the range is wrong, Dr peat says it should be as low as possible, ie 1 and under. But high cortisol raises TSH, so you need to get your stress down, and stress is also caused by low blood sugar . Do not be scared of eating sugar, stop ALL PUFAS and that includes your omega 3 , in fact eat NO fat for a while, there is NO essential fat, stop all the seeds, full of toxins and PUFAS, and the bugs like the insoluble fibre causes more serotonin, Eat the Ray Peat inspired carrot salad on youtube everyday, Drink more skimmed milk, blood calcium is strange, it could well mean you have a calcium deficiency not an excess, Dr Peat says you need around 2200 mg of Ca a day, around 2 quarts, you need 80 to 100 grams of protein a day, best from cheese, milk , eggs... ie low phosphate. No gluten, no pasta, the bad bugs Love those. start listening to Ray peat on Youtube it is all there... You do not want to have serotonin, it needs to be as low as possible. it is a primitive stress hormone, not the feel good hormone that mainstream tells you. The lower the better. Did they test your progesterone or estradiol? I would stop All your supplements. Dr Peat dislikes most, Get 4 oz of cooked liver down you every week, this sorts most of the vitamins. If you take loads of protein like that with out carbs you will suffer stress , which country are you in?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals