Odd symptoms - need help narrowing down to a solution

Magyar

Forum Supporter
It has been a year now since I have encountered some very bothersome symptoms -- namely:

-->Severe edema of ankles, more on the right than left
-->Tingling and burning and tightness of toes, ankle, calves and hands -- usually more on the right side
-->Appears to roughly correlate with constipation

There is clearly an blood circulation, inflammation and water retention aspect to this -- on the rare occasion, when I feel good, I can feel my body "let go" of the excess water. I have tried to modulate this with Calcium D glucurate and salt tablets. Not sure they're doing anything.

The onset of my symptoms came soon after experimenting with famotidine (which really helped with anxiety) -- but whose use apparently can cause B12 deficiency -- so I got B12 shots -- but may have overdone it. The famotidine may not have had anything to do with this.

Nowadays soon after I eat, I feel pain in my ankles and just plain odd (like I might pass out). My general pain and discomfort level is 3/10 everyday all day.

Obviously diabetic neuropathy came up as my first suspect -- I did a number of tests -- and functional medicine MD said:

"Nope. You don't have diabetes...but I can't tell you what you have. Let's just wait and see."

I was so skeptical (and so much in pain) that I went to another non-functional general practitioner doctor (with experience in diabetes) who also said the same.

As I write this, I feel mild burning on my toes and forefoot.

With the help of Google and ChatGPT and combing forums, possible diagnoses I have considered:

--->Food allergies
--->hyperinsulinemia
--->Vitamin/mineral deficiency (B12? Copper?)
--->Gastro/SIBO thing?
--->DVT
--->Lupus

I just bought a CGM and will use it measure my blood sugar going forward.

Would appreciate any and all advice on how I might get to the root of the problem. TIA.

Background:

I have been on a CPAP for 13 years and have generally high stress levels. I have been taping my mouth for years and occasionally do breathing exercises to get me to sympathetic nervous state - but am generally in parasympathetic nervous state. :( About two years, I experimented with Clindamyacin and for a while -- felt awesome and had amazing world-class BMs.

PS my symptoms seem eerily similar to the ones described in this thread:

What do you eat and how are you macros?
I remember long time ago when I was eating anything. Doctors told me I am healthy but I was so tired man.. I wasn't fat.. I realized that I can't oxidize glucose so I started experimenting with a diet below 40 grams of fat, mostly short chain. First day, sedated, tired, due to low cortisol but then I became hyperactive, euphoric even.
Your pain can be from endotoxin and vitamin deficiencies.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals