Need help regarding post-viral issues

DonLore

Hi! Long time lurker here, great forum.
I am 25 years old male and I had a bad flu about a year ago. Muscle aches, fatigue and lung issues. I do not know if I had covid19 or some other flu. Doesnt matter I guess.
I felt better except for a cough that lasted for months. Then I suddenly started to get flu symptoms again, for a day or two and then better again. This would go on and on, but I had to work and started getting really stressed and burned out.

Its been a year and I still have waves of symptoms such as: low grade fever, muscle pains, inflammation, extreme fatigue, GI problems, pressure on the right side where liver and gallbladder are etc. I also have neurological problems some days like feeling really heavy,brain fog and peripheral neurophthy.

Some days I feel almost cured but there always lingers something, I just feel it. My libido is ***t, I cant workout and I am really ******* tired of living 50% of my capacity.
I also have symptoms of hypothyroid but half the time I am sweating and generating heat so its more of a symptom of this all.

Diet is mainly fresh OJ, fruit, milk, cheeses, potatoes, eggs, butter, cream, beef, 10grams raw frozen liver a day, chocolate, seafood, cod. PUFA is very low, but I did eat more PUFA before peating. I think Peat and this forums advice have really helped, the problem is that I still have these post viral issues.
I take b-complex, and nowaday I also get some sun.

I feel tired and burnt out often, and mornings I often feel cold and sluggish.

Has anybody any advice on post viral issues?
Thank you

miquelangeles

I had similar issues after a severe bout of dengue fever. Took 2 years to get progressively better, and I still need to take some nervine or adaptogen every other day or so for brain fog/fatigue, to feel normal.

Things that helped:

- medicinal mushrooms for a certain period of time (coriolus in particular, reishi or a blend of reishi, maitake & shiitake); they are anti-androgenic though
- pay attention to how you feel after each food and identify triggers; most of the time it is something you are eating that is contributing to the symptoms; some people can't tolerate eggs, for others it's dairy, or citrus fruits, or certain polyphenols; replace triggers with something similar without restricting the diet too much; I believe you can develop intolerances or sensitivities during a time of decompensation such as a viral illness or intense stress, to whatever was in your system at that time, bacteria, foods etc; this may act as a catalyst in a similar way like adjuvants in vaccines, the state of decompensation is the adjuvant to developing intolerances; I think dr. Peat talked about something similar at some point;
- pycnogenol
- lion's mane works well for brain fog but it is anti-androgenic
- B1, B2, selenium, coq10
- if needed, find a laxative that works well for you without causing irritation, taken at night to have a proper b m in the morning
- reduce ejaculation frequency to once every 2 or 3 weeks at most, this is likely to increase physical energy and reduce the amount of sleep you need
- replace saturated fats (especially the dairy fats) with monounsaturates
- you may want to eat fresh cooked liver once a week instead, and see how you feel, rather than daily frozen liver

OP
D

DonLore

I had similar issues after a severe bout of dengue fever. Took 2 years to get progressively better, and I still need to take some nervine or adaptogen every other day or so for brain fog/fatigue, to feel normal.

Things that helped:

- medicinal mushrooms for a certain period of time (coriolus in particular, reishi or a blend of reishi, maitake & shiitake); they are anti-androgenic though
- pay attention to how you feel after each food and identify triggers; most of the time it is something you are eating that is contributing to the symptoms; some people can't tolerate eggs, for others it's dairy, or citrus fruits, or certain polyphenols; replace triggers with something similar without restricting the diet too much; I believe you can develop intolerances or sensitivities during a time of decompensation such as a viral illness or intense stress, to whatever was in your system at that time, bacteria, foods etc; this may act as a catalyst in a similar way like adjuvants in vaccines, the state of decompensation is the adjuvant to developing intolerances; I think dr. Peat talked about something similar at some point;
- pycnogenol
- lion's mane works well for brain fog but it is anti-androgenic
- B1, B2, selenium, coq10
- if needed, find a laxative that works well for you without causing irritation, taken at night to have a proper b m in the morning
- reduce ejaculation frequency to once every 2 or 3 weeks at most, this is likely to increase physical energy and reduce the amount of sleep you need
- replace saturated fats (especially the dairy fats) with monounsaturates
- you may want to eat fresh cooked liver once a week instead, and see how you feel, rather than daily frozen liver
Thank you. Can I ask a few more questions?
How was your recovery, like did your symptoms come in waves and was the progress gradual or? Did stress or excercise set you back? Do you consider yourself 100% healed now despite brain fog? Do you have any other symptoms like fatigue? And how long ago did you have the fever, crazy that you still have brain fog symptom :/

Also why not saturated fat? I can try olive oil instead of butter but full fat dairy is the most reliable source of K2 and other fat solubles, but if there is a strong reason I can try mufa.
Do you still have food intolerances?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals