Why your face has almost nothing to do with "Genetics" and why you SHOULD be Mewing AND Chewing

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I think I found the right tongue posture--I spread my tongue and suction it, I feel a nice relaxation and the soft area under my chin rises like the guys in the videos. Only problem is I have to hold my breath 100%. The back of the tongue has to be up for it to work, but I just can't breathe.
Or try this
1 - create the suction in your mouth
2 - try to tuck your head in backwards while still maintaining the suction (think of it as a turtle trying to get back in its shell) - you should feel your back neck muscles react strongly when you do this
3 - once you feel your back neck muscles flexing - lower your lower jaw a little while still keeping your mouth closed - you should feel MUCH easier to breathe throughout the nose while still easy to maintain the suction

Dr. B

Or try this
1 - create the suction in your mouth
2 - try to tuck your head in backwards while still maintaining the suction (think of it as a turtle trying to get back in its shell) - you should feel your back neck muscles react strongly when you do this
3 - once you feel your back neck muscles flexing - lower your lower jaw a little while still keeping your mouth closed - you should feel MUCH easier to breathe throughout the nose while still easy to maintain the suction
would it help keeping the mouth constantly full like if youre working from home and are able should you stick an orange or several cucumbers in the mouth constantly to attempt to stretch things out more
or should more emphasis be put on chewing some mastic gum or beeswax for several hours a day

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

would it help keeping the mouth constantly full like if youre working from home and are able should you stick an orange or several cucumbers in the mouth constantly to attempt to stretch things out more
or should more emphasis be put on chewing some mastic gum or beeswax for several hours a day
It's the upper palate that needs to be expanded and pushed forward (that small space on the roof of your mouth way higher than your teeth (not really the mouth itself persay) - the only way to reach that space to expand and push forward is really with the tongue unless you're using a device of some sort - chewing is good for expanding the lower jaw mass but the maxilla (upper jaw) has to come out ... it really has to move over time - the tongue is used to expand and push it out freeing all that space

Lot's of broscience in this thread... It is your genetics that control your jaw growth unless you breath through your mouth in your childhood. Do you think those male models and actors even heard about ''mewing'' in the 70'?

No. Also stop being so obsessed about how you look please, i have the same problem but mine comes from a medical concern. If you grew up hormonally fine, then let it go.

Fix what you can and move on, that's how you were born. Your face wasn't going to be any different if your parents made you to ''mew'' all the time when you were a kid.

This has more importance than just vanity/looks. I assists with the bioenergetic tenets of respiration.

I'm in my early 40's and I know it's hard to believe, but my jaw has gotten bigger/more defined. Flossing my teeth as gotten NOTICEABLY MUCH easier in just the last few years. I had the recessed jaw "mouth breather" look much of my childhood years. Most of the changes happened after age 35. Still not model-like, but a major difference. It happened after I started mega dosing with Vitamin K2 MK-4 in 2013. I don't think this is a coincidence. FWIW, I don't consciously mew or do any suction exercises, but somehow when I notice, it seems my tongue does rest on the upper palate.

@JamesGatz thanks for the great and important topic.

Ben.

Still not model-like, but a major difference. It happened after I started mega dosing with Vitamin K2 MK-4 in 2013. I don't think this is a coincidence. .

I dont think it is either ... what dose and do you take it everyday? Come to think of it i havent looked into potential issues of high dose vitamin K yet.

I dont think it is either ... what dose and do you take it everyday? Come to think of it i havent looked into potential issues of high dose vitamin K yet.
Not everyday, but safe to say about 5 days out of 7 in a week. I take 40 drops orally mixed in with food on average per day. I use Thorne's liquid MK-4 (in MCT oil). So according to the label, that's 40 mg. But when I first started it might have been more like 20-25 drops per day (20-25 mg).

pushkin

I would like to add, something a little random but I think being breastfed as a child may have something to do with the formation of the jaw. Only through my own experience, I don't have any scientific data to back this up but there is sure to be something out there if I have a look.

I breastfed both my children on demand for three years = 6 years of me feeding them in total. I was into Weston Price at that point. I understood that the shape of the jaw was crucial to good health and respiration etc. so I wanted to keep it going for as long as possible. I always noticed that in profile, both my daughters' lower and upper jaws were very far forward, this diminished over time but they still have very well shaped heads, well spaced teeth and forward jaws now they are teenagers.

I don't think bottle fed children have the same need to root forward with their jaws to suck unless the mother is attentive and is aware of her and the baby's position perhaps.

ursidae

I would like to add, something a little random but I think being breastfed as a child may have something to do with the formation of the jaw. Only through my own experience, I don't have any scientific data to back this up but there is sure to be something out there if I have a look.

I breastfed both my children on demand for three years = 6 years of me feeding them in total. I was into Weston Price at that point. I understood that the shape of the jaw was crucial to good health and respiration etc. so I wanted to keep it going for as long as possible. I always noticed that in profile, both my daughters' lower and upper jaws were very far forward, this diminished over time but they still have very well shaped heads, well spaced teeth and forward jaws now they are teenagers.

I don't think bottle fed children have the same need to root forward with their jaws to suck unless the mother is attentive and is aware of her and the baby's position perhaps.
You’re correct. Breastfeeding is extremely important for the development of a beautiful face.

David90

Good Thread @JamesGatz

Mewing and Chewing is very underrated. Because it helps getting the correct posture right for Lifetime. I Personally find, regularly chewing on hard food, very important (Raw Carrots, everyone?). Biting on a Jaw Toner (like ''jawzrsize'') could also help in that regard (?). I haven't got my Hands on Vitamin K2 (MK4) yet, since it's very Expensive. But after that Thread, maybe i buy one bottle in December and try to megadosing it for a short Time.

Ben.

I volunteer for science! I can already see the paper:

Adaptation of human male jaw bone and jaw muscle fibers in post-adolescence development trough breastfeeding, an immunohistochemical and electromyographic study​

Abstract

The development of the craniofacial system occurs, among other reasons, as a response to functional needs. In particular, the deficiency of the proper masticatory stimulus affects the growth. The purpose of this study was to relate alterations of muscle activity during post-adolescence development to adaptational changes in the muscle fibers and bone matrix. Fourteen 27-year-old european human males were randomly divided into two groups and fed with regular food using cutlery or human milk trough female provided soft tissue for 245 days...

But jokes aside, i think you do have a point.

rr1

Great topic! Besides mewing it is important to protract the lower jaw a bit (and do specific exercises if you have TMD). I suspect most people are clenching their teeth too much.

The true cause and solution for temporomandibular dysfunction (TMD)
(Important article, and he mentions the Mews as well.)
but how can you protract the lower jaw and have your teeth in light contact too? Because I thought having teeth in light contact was a very important part of mewing.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

@JamesGatz thanks for the great and important topic.
No problem - I also noticed major differences since starting K2 MK-4 - feels much easier to get good results in the jaws
but how can you protract the lower jaw and have your teeth in light contact too? Because I thought having teeth in light contact was a very important part of mewing.
If you're creating the suction the tongue is pushing the maxilla (upper jaw) while using the mandible (lower jaw) as leverage ... hence pushing the lower jaw a little bit back - that is why as another user stated in the mewing thread the entire head should be tucked in when creating the suction ... the lower jaw then meets resistance at the neck creating a mix of forces ... which is why you feel the back neck muscles engage - the tongue pushing the upper jaw forward while leveraging the lower jaw back with the lower jaw being refused to be pushed back by the neck ... pushing everything forward as a result - it is in this state the teeth don't even have to be touching ... you should even be lowering your jaw and still feel the force being leveraged to push the jaws forward

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I strongly agree - the sucking motion of the mouth on the breasts pulls the maxilla forward over-time - as babies especially - I think the bones are especially the most malleable they'll ever be making it extremely important for setting the base for healthy maxillary growth

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

doesnt work after infancy
results.png

(this was posted in the mewing thread)

Do you really want to believe that ? I make this thread with all this content on mewing correctly and especially creating enough force for a reason

I know how many people claim they have no results and I know how many people claim they have great results - You can find MANY people on each side ... as an adult the pressure must be consistent and firm - The UPPER JAW has to RESPOND to this kind of force - It has nowhere else to go .... nothing else to do but upswing

If it is true what you are saying then adults would all have the same jaw structure over the years of their life ... but that doesn't seem to be the case ... people seem to get worse or sometimes better ... posture has to play a role in this

I say consistently throughout this thread that it may be difficult especially starting from an adult ,,,there are serious consequences in having jaws conflicting with your eating and breathing habits long term - whichever way you want to look at it ... the Jaws HAVE TO COME OUT which is why I am strongly advocating for creating enough force via this leverage ... this is an issue where I don't think anyone should give up given it's importance ... it must be fought and faced with enough force ... if mewing didn't work then it wouldn't work for ANYONE (which doesn't seem to be the case)

laleto12

b
View attachment 28647
(this was posted in the mewing thread)

Do you really want to believe that ? I make this thread with all this content on mewing correctly and especially creating enough force for a reason

I know how many people claim they have no results and I know how many people claim they have great results - You can find MANY people on each side ... as an adult the pressure must be consistent and firm - The UPPER JAW has to RESPOND to this kind of force - It has nowhere else to go .... nothing else to do but upswing

If it is true what you are saying then adults would all have the same jaw structure over the years of their life ... but that doesn't seem to be the case ... people seem to get worse or sometimes better ... posture has to play a role in this

I say consistently throughout this thread that it may be difficult especially starting from an adult ,,,there are serious consequences in having jaws conflicting with your eating and breathing habits long term - whichever way you want to look at it ... the Jaws HAVE TO COME OUT which is why I am strongly advocating for creating enough force via this leverage ... this is an issue where I don't think anyone should give up given it's importance ... it must be fought and faced with enough force ... if mewing didn't work then it wouldn't work for ANYONE (which doesn't seem to be the case)
bro i've spent quite a lot of time on looksmax forums so I've been mewing for years and I've seen many people doing hardcore mewing-bonesmashing etc. It just doesnt have that much effect. All the pictures above are just taken in different lightning/angle. Third one doesnt even look like the same person tbh.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

b

bro i've spent quite a lot of time on looksmax forums so I've been mewing for years and I've seen many people doing hardcore mewing-bonesmashing etc. It just doesnt have that much effect. All the pictures above are just taken in different lightning/angle. Third one doesnt even look like the same person tbh.

And I am also a former looksmax user back when the forum was somewhat decent and not filled with c*nts ...

I was mewing for years for "no results" and also believed it "was a meme" because of this ...

The issue with the looksmax users is they don't understand sh*t about anything - the majority of them are bratty teens ... they don't understand how things work together and just follow whoever "sounds smart" on the forum and inject whatever and do whatever - they are motivated but stupid and that is their downfall -

They just try what they think works and when it doesn't ... given that the majority of them are bratty teens they lash out on the method and say "only the serious methods work" it's "reverse pull headgear if you're an adult - mewing is a meme" or it's "lefort or it's over" - they don't even understand why buccal fat surgery works or why their cheeks seem to be "fatty"

It all works together - for serious results it is an uphill battle but it MUST be faced with force -

Which is why in the other thread I advocate for best results with mewing with

high androgens
low serotonin
Pansterone, Estroban, K2 (MK-4) Especially
the spine's positioning has a direct effect on the maxilla - a retracted spine in a higher-serotonin or lower-metabolic state will be working against you ... it is all working together
Mewing correctly (creating the leverage to create enough force - it is no wonder why people who push with the tongue throughout the day get little to no results - the force must be powerful enough creating the leverage I describe throughout the thread)

Since I've taken all these things I've mewed with serious results in a few months versus no results in years of frustration ... doing it correctly matters and I am living proof of this which is why I am strongly getting users to realize this

This issue is too important to give up on ... The Jaws MUST come out

With the image I posted I always hear it's the lighting but how is the length of the lower jaw faked ? I am not denying the lighting plays a role but the upswing CANNOT be faked ... making your lower jaw appear INCHES longer with a more positive ogee curve on the maxilla CANNOT be faked by extending the neck in any way - The only way to get this appearance is by getting the upswing - I know a lot of people in here don't believe it works based on experience ... I know because I used to be one of those people and I'm saying - it's possible - I proved it to myself and I advocate everything here that pulled me out of that hole and got me results ... it HAS to COME OUT

Upswing.gif

Last edited:

peter88

And I am also a former looksmax user back when the forum was somewhat decent and not filled with c*nts ...

I was mewing for years for "no results" and also believed it "was a meme" because of this ...

The issue with the looksmax users is they don't understand sh*t about anything - the majority of them are bratty teens ... they don't understand how things work together and just follow whoever "sounds smart" on the forum and inject whatever and do whatever - they are motivated but stupid and that is their downfall -

They just try what they think works and when it doesn't ... given that the majority of them are bratty teens they lash out on the method and say "only the serious methods work" it's "reverse pull headgear if you're an adult - mewing is a meme" or it's "lefort or it's over" - they don't even understand why buccal fat surgery works or why their cheeks seem to be "fatty"

It all works together - for serious results it is an uphill battle but it MUST be faced with force -

Which is why in the other thread I advocate for best results with mewing with

high androgens
low serotonin
Pansterone, Estroban, K2 (MK-4) Especially
the spine's positioning has a direct effect on the maxilla - a retracted spine in a higher-serotonin or lower-metabolic state will be working against you ... it is all working together
Mewing correctly (creating the leverage to create enough force - it is no wonder why people who push with the tongue throughout the day get little to no results - the force must be powerful enough creating the leverage I describe throughout the thread)

Since I've taken all these things I've mewed with serious results in a few months versus no results in years of frustration ... doing it correctly matters and I am living proof of this which is why I am strongly getting users to realize this

This issue is too important to give up on ... The Jaws MUST come out

With the image I posted I always hear it's the lighting but how is the length of the lower jaw faked ? I am not denying the lighting plays a role but the upswing CANNOT be faked ... making your lower jaw appear INCHES longer with a more positive ogee curve on the maxilla CANNOT be faked by extending the neck in any way - The only way to get this appearance is by getting the upswing - I know a lot of people in here don't believe it works based on experience ... I know because I used to be one of those people and I'm saying - it's possible - I proved it to myself and I advocate everything here that pulled me out of that hole and got me results ... it HAS to COME OUT

View attachment 28648
Why don't you post proof if you've seen serious changes? I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this forum that's had a "crazy transformation" post before/after pics.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Why don't you post proof if you've seen serious changes? I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this forum that's had a "crazy transformation" post before/after pics.
Yes I understand ... it's hard to believe anyone on the internet these days without posting proof because it seems simple

I don't want to post pictures of myself for the following reasons:

1) I never took good/clear before pictures as I never expected for myself to go through the changes that I did

2) When we look at the response I get from posting before and after pictures of CLEAR maxillary upswing on this current page of the thread - users claim it is "lighting" or the "extending of the neck" or on another page a user claimed "lost face fat" for another CLEAR form of maxillary upswing -

This is the effects of pushing the jaws forward - maxillary upswing cannot be faked, BUT it can look like "losing facial fat" or "changing the extension of the neck"- it can look fake to users who do not know what to look for - for lack of a better word - I am not trying to offend forum members, but it is the truth

All I'm saying is this:
If any forum member wants to call BS on me or what I'm saying just try the following everyday for a MONTH - if you try the following for a MONTH and see ABSOLUTELY NO RESULTS IN THE FACE - then feel free to call me a BS'er

1) Pansterone (2-3 drops)
2) Estroban (2-3 drops)
3) K2 (MK-4) (4-5 drops+)
4) Leveraged suction mewing as I describe in this thread
5) low serotonin state 24-7 as much as possible - i listed various methods to do this in the other thread and in this one

Do you know what I think is going to likely happen ?

The same thing that happened to me ...

You're going to see results in the face FAST and CLEAR and you're going to want to post pictures because YOU KNOW FOR A FACT maxillary upswing occured and drastic changes are happening in your jaws but you WONT because ...

users don't want to believe it ... they don't want to believe it is really just this simple and that everything is connected and they don't want to believe that it worked ... so why would you want to waste your energy debating these users trying to get them to feel your experience if they push you away ? you get ridiculed for trying to help users go through this experience for nothing to gain.

So IF ANY USER REALLY WANTS THE CHANGES that I'm describing - all I'm saying is try my methods for a month and if what I said is BS then please call me out on it ... I fight this strongly for it because it took me out of the hole and made me who I am now

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals