Why your face has almost nothing to do with "Genetics" and why you SHOULD be Mewing AND Chewing

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

henry cavill lacks upper jaw development? i thought his facial structure overall was near ideal!
henry cavill has slightly droopy eyes - slight Negative Canthal Tilt (NCT) - NCT results when your upper jaw is underdeveloped when compared to the lower jaw - PCT (Positive canthal tilt) occurs when the upper jaw is more developed

in the upper jaw images I posted they both have Positive Canthal Tilt - the goal should be to have both - a developed upper jaw with PCT with a developed lower jaw like cavill

V

valdz

My friend - I have been there - I know how hopeless it feels.

If your tongue is wearing out after a few minutes you are probably not mewing correctly- if you are suction-based mewing or have it in a vaccuum you should be able to hold it for hours with no issues - it should feel like little to no effort.

This is a really good video on teaching suction-based mewing and how different it feels from "pushing" with the tongue - I would strongly recommend it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxYcPpOB_i8

TY! Nice to learn about this hack for my early mewing career!

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

TY! Nice to learn about this hack for my early mewing career!
No problem - Glad to help

How's the belt thing? Does it really work?
Are you referring to belt face-pulling ? (clenching a belt with your teeth and pulling)

i am not a huge fan of face pulling - I think certain appliances that are molded to fit the upper palate and pull the upper palate forward I think are good, but belt face-pulling pulls from the teeth -

I don't think it's safe to pull from the teeth especially long-term - could be long-term irreversible damage here - if you were to do face-pulling I think thumb-pulling is much safer but I still don't recommend it because

The maxilla seems to best respond to slow, softer pressure rather than fast, hard pressure - the later I think is not only dangerous, but not as useful as something that's softer and slower like mewing.

Expanding the maxilla/mandible not only changes the shape of the jaws but the entire skull shape as well - there is a lot of bones involved in this change which is why I think it's best to always go with slow and steady pressure - face-pulling is difficult to do as slow and steady as mewing correctly.

As long as you are mewing correctly (most people aren't - which is why I attached a lot of useful material to this thread) and in a good metabolic/androgenic state - serious results will come but this is one of those processes I don't think one should "rush" - they should instead ensure they are just doing it correctly

EchoTango

If your tongue is wearing out after a few minutes you are probably not mewing correctly- if you are suction-based mewing or have it in a vaccuum you should be able to hold it for hours with no issues - it should feel like little to no effort.

This is a really good video on teaching suction-based mewing and how different it feels from "pushing" with the tongue - I would strongly recommend it

I wasn't aware of the practice of "mewing" until your post.

Coming from a place of exploring various breathing/meditation techniques where tongue position is often talked about, but quite vaguely, I have been experimenting with for 10+ years or so, but it never really clicked until seeing this suction method video and your explanation.

I actually have done the suction method at times intuitively, but maybe wasn't confident or consciously aware that this was the correct way.

This relieves the energy flow stagnation in my head, pressure that builds up in the jaw at times and makes my head and body feel connected in a circuit again. The tongue and teeth float and the energy moves freely withe the suction. Sort of like the (neo?)Taoist concept of "The Microcosmic Orbit". When my tongue isn't connected to the roof of the mouth it's like it leaves a space for energy to drain out, making my head and heart disconnected.

So thanks for sharing. Really an AHA moment for me.

Jing

Suction-based mewing is a very conscious effort (placing the tongue on the roof of the mouth and swallowing 3 times while keeping the tongue there to have it 'stick' with no effort) when people tell me they 'mostly' do it or they 'think' they do it - it makes me unsure if they are doing it

suction-based mewing feels COMPLETELY different than pushing the jaws with your tongue (what most people that 'mew' do)

Many people who mew push the upper jaw with the tongue until their tongue gets tired and continue to try again throughout the day - this does little to nothing to move the jaws overtime

if you find that suction-based mewing still does 'nothing' then I am really not sure in your case - if you create an intra-oral vaccuum you should feel your jaws getting bigger in a few minutes (you'll feel the jaws start to 'inflate forward' - I am not saying you'll have results in a few minutes but you will feel a difference in just a few minutes) - that's why I say for people who have no results are usually not mewing correctly - if you are mewing correctly you will feel your jaws 'inflate' effect in minutes and feel your upper jaw moving forward
Well I mostly just keep my tongue resting on roof of mouth but do the way you say sometimes throughout the day I couldn't imagine actually doing your way all day just takes too much effort.. I don't think this has anything to do with why people have good jaws I know people with good jaws who know nothing about mewing

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Well I mostly just keep my tongue resting on roof of mouth but do the way you say sometimes throughout the day I couldn't imagine actually doing your way all day just takes too much effort.. I don't think this has anything to do with why people have good jaws I know people with good jaws who know nothing about mewing
If it takes too much effort for you to mew then you probably aren't suction mewing because suction mewing is a lot easier to do with an all-day effort

Since mewing is tongue posture and on the upper palate you don't necessarily need to mew to have a good lower jaw if that what you're reffering to - that is why I linked to the other thread to show how to result in lower jaw growth using the neck and head position combined that another user posted.

If you are referring to upper jaw size not being related to mewing I respectfully disagree -

in experiments with monkeys with healthy jaw growth and their nasal pasages were blocked with a substance causing them to mouth breath - their jaws suffered tremendously - I don't think the upper jaw magically maintains it's shape and size without anything holding in that position especially since breathing through the mouth harms this position.

This is why you see when most people "Get older" their jaws tend to shrink in general - I think if they don't maintain healthy tongue posture their jaws get smaller as nothing is there helping it maintain shape

they may not "know" about mewing but we can see with most animals in the wild avoid mouth-breathing and keep proper tongue posture and I highly doubt those animals watch YouTube videos on mewing as well

Last edited:

Cooper

Lot's of broscience in this thread... It is your genetics that control your jaw growth unless you breath through your mouth in your childhood. Do you think those male models and actors even heard about ''mewing'' in the 70'?

No. Also stop being so obsessed about how you look please, i have the same problem but mine comes from a medical concern. If you grew up hormonally fine, then let it go.

Fix what you can and move on, that's how you were born. Your face wasn't going to be any different if your parents made you to ''mew'' all the time when you were a kid.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Lot's of broscience in this thread... It is your genetics that control your jaw growth unless you breath through your mouth in your childhood. Do you think those male models and actors even heard about ''mewing'' in the 70'?

No. Also stop being so obsessed about how you look please, i have the same problem but mine comes from a medical concern. If you grew up hormonally fine, then let it go.

Fix what you can and move on, that's how you were born. Your face wasn't going to be any different if your parents made you to ''mew'' all the time when you were a kid.
What is the 'broscience' in this thread please point it out for me Cooper

Once again I made the point earlier in this thread that animals and people with healthy jaw growth that had BAD tongue posture resulted in BAD jaw growth over time - if that is CLEARLY possible ...

Do you really think that correct tongue and jaw posture wouldn't do the OPPOSITE ?

You say your situation was the case of an overbite and that mewing did nothing for you .... ok that is fine, a lot of users on this thread claim mewing did nothing for them ... But many of the users in this thread don't even seem to be mewing correctly.

How many success stories do you want me to pull up of people that were able to succeed from this tough position ? You seem to be claiming that because something didn't work for you that it should be let go - you can literally find thousands of people succeeding from this position (just look in the great work - all in one place for you cooper)

It's this kind of thinking that prevents users from progressing in life - reading responses like yours and say "alright i should give up because like this guy says its bro science it doesnt matter"

I am not "obsessed" with the way I look Cooper - the whole point of this thread was to show the importance of looks from a survival/metabolic perspective - do you really want to claim after everything I posted that "oh you're born with the face you have it doesn't matter move on"

Once again you're the type of person to claim mewing doesn't work because it didn't work for you - plenty of people that say and have proof of the opposite and then combined with the fact that most people mew incorrectly ... that's the point of this thread Cooper and your response does nothing to help people on this forum

Last edited:

Jing

If it takes too much effort for you to mew then you probably aren't suction mewing because suction mewing is a lot easier to do with an all-day effort

Since mewing is tongue posture and on the upper palate you don't necessarily need to mew to have a good lower jaw if that what you're reffering to - that is why I linked to the other thread to show how to result in lower jaw growth using the neck and head position combined that another user posted.

If you are referring to upper jaw size not being related to mewing I respectfully disagree -

in experiments with monkeys with healthy jaw growth and their nasal pasages were blocked with a substance causing them to mouth breath - their jaws suffered tremendously - I don't think the upper jaw magically maintains it's shape and size without anything holding in that position especially since breathing through the mouth harms this position.

This is why you see when most people "Get older" their jaws tend to shrink in general - I think if they don't maintain healthy tongue posture their jaws get smaller as nothing is there helping it maintain shape

they may not "know" about mewing but we can see with most animals in the wild avoid mouth-breathing and keep proper tongue posture and I highly doubt those animals watch YouTube videos on mewing as well

How do you do it properly then? When I try it like in the video you posted it just feels uncomfortable noway I could keep that all day.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

How do you do it properly then? When I try it like in the video you posted it just feels uncomfortable noway I could keep that all day.
If Mewing isn't working for you there are 2 things I would look at:
The first is ensuring you are mewing correctly (which you seem to have a grasp on)

The second is this (far more important and something many dont address) :

As I stated earlier in the thread - Mewing is a case where it seems:

the rich get richer and the poor stay poor

Mewing offers FAR better results and far EASIER results for people who already have a better base to start with - the more space in the upper palate available - the more space the tongue has to attach to

If you are starting from a more difficult level (absolutely nothing to be ashamed about as most people start from this level in the West) the issue with mewing is that when you attach the back of your tongue to the palate via suction - it PARTIALLY blocks the airways when you do the suction

This is probably what makes it feel like you can't do it all day (I have dealt with this too in the past) - making it feel like you're not getting enough air - like if it's hard to breathe maybe feel a bit dizzy

This is why people with this issue HAVE TO TILT THEIR NECK forward slightly to breathe enough oxygen when NOT MEWING and as a result don't have "perfect" posture

I am FULLY AWARE of how difficult it feels like and how horrible this feels - I have 110% been there - it is not the fault of mewing for why you can't breathe - it is the fault of the jaws being inside and partially blocking the airways.

HENCE why I say the JAWS HAVE TO COME OUT - ONCE THE JAWS COME OUT IT WILL NO LONGER INTERFERE WITH BREATHING EVEN WHEN MEWING

I am not saying it won't be difficult but what I am saying is it GETS MUCH EASIER with every amount of space your tongue makes in expansion in forward growth and width.

IT IS NOT so much an issue of MEWING - It is an issue with the JAWS that mewing is exposing - the fact that it is partially blocking your air and food ways - you have to try your best over a period of time to fight for space with your tongue with mewing as much as you can. The Upper Jaw WILL RESPOND when under pressure from the tongue - It will realize it HAS TO COME OUT AND START MOVING OVER TIME.

Jing

If Mewing isn't working for you there are 2 things I would look at:
The first is ensuring you are mewing correctly (which you seem to have a grasp on)

The second is this (far more important and something many dont address) :

As I stated earlier in the thread - Mewing is a case where it seems:

the rich get richer and the poor stay poor

Mewing offers FAR better results and far EASIER results for people who already have a better base to start with - the more space in the upper palate available - the more space the tongue has to attach to

If you are starting from a more difficult level (absolutely nothing to be ashamed about as most people start from this level in the West) the issue with mewing is that when you attach the back of your tongue to the palate via suction - it PARTIALLY blocks the airways when you do the suction

This is probably what makes it feel like you can't do it all day (I have dealt with this too in the past) - making it feel like you're not getting enough air - like if it's hard to breathe maybe feel a bit dizzy

This is why people with this issue HAVE TO TILT THEIR NECK forward slightly to breathe enough oxygen when NOT MEWING and as a result don't have "perfect" posture

I am FULLY AWARE of how difficult it feels like and how horrible this feels - I have 110% been there - it is not the fault of mewing for why you can't breathe - it is the fault of the jaws being inside and partially blocking the airways.

HENCE why I say the JAWS HAVE TO COME OUT - ONCE THE JAWS COME OUT IT WILL NO LONGER INTERFERE WITH BREATHING EVEN WHEN MEWING

I am not saying it won't be difficult but what I am saying is it GETS MUCH EASIER with every amount of space your tongue makes in expansion in forward growth and width.

IT IS NOT so much an issue of MEWING - It is an issue with the JAWS that mewing is exposing - the fact that it is partially blocking your air and food ways - you have to try your best over a period of time to fight for space with your tongue with mewing as much as you can. The Upper Jaw WILL RESPOND when under pressure from the tongue - It will realize it HAS TO COME OUT AND START MOVING OVER TIME.
I don't have any problems breathing when doing it, it's the creating a vaccuum that feels annoying to hold.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I don't have any problems breathing when doing it, it's the creating a vaccuum that feels annoying to hold.
Ok then I think you'll be fine - by holding the vaccum the tongue's pressure on the upper palate is usually fighting for more width so the pressure on the upper palate for more space width-wise may feel a little bit stressful - your body adjusts to it quickly as long as you do it consistently (within a month I'd say of constant pressure - it adjusts fine and your jaws start accomodating more space and it stops becoming bothersome

steel_reserve

For what is worth I never was able to unconsciously mew unless I was on oxidal. The way my tongue pressed against my mouth wasn't the way mewers explain it. The middle of my tongue (not the tip) pushed against the front ridge of my mouth . The first time I woke up to this was memorable.

Suction is the only way I can do it without oxidal.

Sheik

I want to try reverse pull headgear until mewing gets easier. I never made progress but I will admit I was struggling to be consistent and do it right.

Last edited:

hei

I can't contact enough surface area to produce a useful force.

Jing

Ok then I think you'll be fine - by holding the vaccum the tongue's pressure on the upper palate is usually fighting for more width so the pressure on the upper palate for more space width-wise may feel a little bit stressful - your body adjusts to it quickly as long as you do it consistently (within a month I'd say of constant pressure - it adjusts fine and your jaws start accomodating more space and it stops becoming bothersome
I don't think you understand what I'm saying ..... I'm saying the act of suction is just annoying to do all day....

Ignoramus

This is the craziest result I've seen so far:

mew1.jpg

mew2.jpg

He says that 'tongue chewing' really helped him.

How to tongue chew

teds

Forum Supporter
For those who don’t feel they are getting much leverage w their tongue and facial muscles-
Search: ‘orofacial myology before and after’ as well as ‘palate expander before and after’. It’s certainly easier as a child but you’ll see lots of examples of facial changes from a few months if this work.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

For what is worth I never was able to unconsciously mew unless I was on oxidal. The way my tongue pressed against my mouth wasn't the way mewers explain it. The middle of my tongue (not the tip) pushed against the front ridge of my mouth . The first time I woke up to this was memorable.

Suction is the only way I can do it without oxidal.

Do you feel oxidal have a good effect in lowering serotonin ? I notice when my serotonin is low and metabolic rate is high - mewing is a lot easier and feels 'natural' than when compared to when I'm not - I feel like results are reached much easier which is why I made the other thread suggesting to keep serotonin low while mewing
I want to try reverse pull headgear until mewing gets easier. I never made progress but I will admit I was struggling to be consistent and do it right.
If you are able to get something that fits well on the upper palate I think this is a good idea for those really having problems seeing results for mewing - gives you enough space for your tongue to then hold your position and continue fighting forward
I can't contact enough surface area to produce a useful force.
If it is the width of the tongue as you say why not keep your tongue narrow until you have enough space to expand the tongue ?

This is a good video that explains what I'm talking about - to keep the tongue as compact as possible so as much fits as possible and overtime you start gaining ground:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGGyK-Dvig

I don't think you understand what I'm saying ..... I'm saying the act of suction is just annoying to do all day....
Ok then I understand now - I'm not sure what to tell you as I do remember that suction was annoying when first doing it, but after a few weeks doing it consistently it stopped bothering me completely and I can now do it without thinking about it - I think gaining ground makes it less bothersome and just consistency in general makes it less noticeable - suction is extremely helpful in creating the consistent force necessary for the upper jaws to start moving

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals