BAD POSTURE is the bane of the my existence today ... I can not figure out how to IMPROVE IT! Mewing/Face Pulling/Chewing/EVERYTHING!

I always had bad/poor posture growing up, which I why I found out about mewing, "looksmaxxing" and other topics. Bad posture/looks seems much worse than even being DIRT POOR. I can't simply figure out what the real issue is with posture ... Sometimes diet, hormones/supps/etc. influence it but never enough to make heads or tails of it. Like it feels wrong and sometimes even PAINFUL to "sit straight" but you also feel pain if you don't do it because then you, well, sit crooked. So it's a lose-lose situation. What puzzle is missing here? Dopamine-increasing things makes you "sit up" but still have ***t neck posture, or vice-versa ... Neck posture with bad back.

Basically I have neck pain, back pain, bad back posture/neck posture, etc. I have tried chin tucks, different chairs, etc. but can't just "get it right." It's sad and frustrating seeing everyone just having naturally superior posture with no effort, meanwhile I have to download 20 videos a day teaching me how to sit like a normal person with out pain.

I have to work on computers and such, so I can't always adjust things the right way/have the ability or means to do so. I try mewing, McKenzie chin tucks, standing back against the wall, etc. but it's just temporary ... Like with mewing you have to CONSTANTLY remind yourself to do it or else you never really do. Posture overall is the same ... Must "remind yourself" to sit or stand normally. Must remind yourself to assault your palate with your tongue ... Must remind yourself to push your head/neck back, etc.

Otherwise I naturally slouch, lag, or "melt in to my body" without conscious effort to non-stop sit right, whereas some others just seem to always have it all perfect and never think of it ... MADNESS. To see these perfect posturers vs. me struggling to "normal" is like watching millionaire preppies play while you're the poor, board licking kid.

Last edited:

Summer

Sitting is a big part of the problem. I don’t think there is a right way to sit in a chair. Squatting is the correct sitting position. A standing desk seems like a necessity to make any real progress.

OP
MetabolicTrash
Sitting is a big part of the problem. I don’t think there is a right way to sit in a chair. Squatting is the correct sitting position. A standing desk seems like a necessity to make any real progress.

Yeah, but I see other people who sit and still have better posture by default. Clearly there must be something to explain this discrepancy between me and them in terms of neck, head, back, face, etc. Some people just go about their business comfortably while you could put a board flatly behind them ... I just can't "posture" at all sadly.

And mewing really has been hell for me, as it's tricky to do it "correctly." The back against the wall thing is at least foolproof, but the whole package is more the issue.

Nomane Euger

I always had bad/poor posture growing up, which I why I found out about mewing, "looksmaxxing" and other topics. Bad posture/looks seems much worse than even being DIRT POOR. I can't simply figure out what the real issue is with posture ... Sometimes diet, hormones/supps/etc. influence it but never enough to make heads or tails of it. Like it feels wrong and sometimes even PAINFUL to "sit straight" but you also feel pain if you don't do it because then you, well, sit crooked. So it's a lose-lose situation. What puzzle is missing here? Dopamine-increasing things makes you "sit up" but still have ***t neck posture, or vice-versa ... Neck posture with bad back.

Basically I have neck pain, back pain, bad back posture/neck posture, etc. I have tried chin tucks, different chairs, etc. but can't just "get it right." It's sad and frustrating seeing everyone just having naturally superior posture with no effort, meanwhile I have to download 20 videos a day teaching me how to sit like a normal person with out pain.

I have to work on computers and such, so I can't always adjust things the right way/have the ability or means to do so. I try mewing, McKenzie chin tucks, standing back against the wall, etc. but it's just temporary ... Like with mewing you have to CONSTANTLY remind yourself to do it or else you never really do. Posture overall is the same ... Must "remind yourself" to sit or stand normally. Must remind yourself to assault your palate with your tongue ... Must remind yourself to push your head/neck back, etc.

Otherwise I naturally slouch, lag, or "melt in to my body" without conscious effort to non-stop sit right, whereas some others just seem to always have it all perfect and never think of it ... MADNESS. To see these perfect posturers vs. me struggling to "normal" is like watching millionaire preppies play while you're the poor, board licking kid.
Hi,what is your diet?

OccamzRazer

Life isn't fair. Wish it was!

And continuing to complain about such unfairness isn't going to help you - or anybody else who reads your posts.

Maybe just be thankful you weren't born with missing limbs or something, and do what you can to improve your own situation in relation to where you were last year or last month.

Summer

Yeah, but I see other people who sit and still have better posture by default. Clearly there must be something to explain this discrepancy between me and them in terms of neck, head, back, face, etc. Some people just go about their business comfortably while you could put a board flatly behind them ... I just can't "posture" at all sadly.

And mewing really has been hell for me, as it's tricky to do it "correctly." The back against the wall thing is at least foolproof, but the whole package is more the issue.
I don’t think you should mew before correcting your posture. And I have a theory about the people you’re talking about: they were likely active in their youth. Kids who played sports for example. As for me, I spent most of my childhood playing videogames and my teenage free time on the computer. My posture is ******. Growing up with good posture carries over into adulthood and is a lot harder to mess up despite what you do as an adult. Growing up with bad posture? Well it can be fixed but it isn’t easy.

OP
MetabolicTrash
Life isn't fair. Wish it was!

And continuing to complain about such unfairness isn't going to help you - or anybody else who reads your posts.

Maybe just be thankful you weren't born with missing limbs or something, and do what you can to improve your own situation in relation to where you were last year or last month.

Says the guy who brags about women chasing him. Yeah, life isn't fair -- deal with it! Let's see you deal with actual problems in life before talking of others complaining.

Would you rather people go out in the world and incite violence than vent in a constructive way online? If you dislike my posts, don't come to them ... I break zero rules posting here so I have no issues to worry about. If your biggest problem in life is having to see my threads on here ... I rest my case. lol "Check your privilege, boy."

Funny how the people who suffer NONE hate seeing people talk of suffering. All this does is confirm how privileged vs. non-privileged certain users are on here.

Man failing in life -- "Shut up and stop complaining and do something about it." Woman failing in life -- "Open OnlyFans account and sell toe nails for $5,000 a month."

Last edited:
P

Peatness

Sorry to hear you are in pain. Pain can interfere with posture as the body compensates to avoid pain. This can lead to forming bad habits. Having weak muscle can compound the problem. Do you have a connective tissue disorder? Did you sustain an injury that caused the problem or is it metabolic?

This thread might be useful

Jonk

I've had lower back problems for a long time, but finally seems to have made some big improvements. Some tips, be careful with micromanaging your posture. Check out "one of a kind fitness" on Instagram for some cool insights. One of the things he speaks on is how we evolved starting with the crawl as babies. That's how we develop our lordotic curve, making us then be able to walk. He has exercises that focuses on stabilizing the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex - so that when it's stable you can increasingly more bounce of your fascia (without micro managing the movements etc)

I also think it's deeply related to your metabolism. Maybe you need to supplement t4/t3 or only t3. Things that lower serotonin/estrogen like cyproheptadine really works wonders for me aswell.

And like I said, don't overdo the "corrective work". I've done it so much to where I unintentionally tense up certain parts of my body (left shoulder), and thus impeding my hips joints working 50/50 (just an example of many). It's important to work on dysfunctions but also important to relax.

P

Peatness

Man failing in life -- "Shut up and stop complaining and do something about it." Woman failing in life -- "Open OnlyFans account and sell toe nails for $5,000 a month."
After my many health issues including head injury I feel cheated. If only I'd known I could sell toe nails for $5,000 a month. ?

Jonk

And I truly know how it feels having ***t posture, sciatic pain, ****88 up discs in the back, etc - and I wouldn't recommend something if I didn't really believe that it works. When I got the hang of internal rotation of the hip joint I was in a blissful state for two days straight - indicating of the pain my body probably has tried it's best to hide with inflammation, cortisol and other nastyness. I believe I still have quite a bit fibrosis and calcification on all sorts of places - but I still made some hughe improvements in about 2 months time.

I believe in you man - never give up!

OccamzRazer

The group saying the second quote is in the wrong - not so much the group saying the first.

OP
MetabolicTrash
What is your musculature like? Strong abs helps posture when standing

Standing posture is fine, besides some forward head issues when walking or more specifically when riding bike ... Sitting is the real kicker though.

I have terrible muscle-balance around the body, or better yet imbalance (like strong hands/arms and abs but weak back and legs).

P

Peatness

Perry Staltic

Standing posture is fine, besides some forward head issues when walking or more specifically when riding bike ... Sitting is the real kicker though.

I have terrible muscle-balance around the body, or better yet imbalance (like strong hands/arms and abs but weak back and legs).

Have you tried a lumbar cushion? Better ergonomic chair?

OP
MetabolicTrash
That says more about the people buying it than the people selling it. Some sick kids out there in 2022

Okay, but the point is there's no way a man can sell it to begin with because ... He's a man. Only women usually get the privilege of selling their toe nails, feet pics, farts, etc.

Also, this stuff isn't brand new ... The, "World's oldest profession," really can translate to, "The world's oldest privilege," in a sense. What man gets a lifestyle from banging women? Not many I'd imagine! But anyways, this stuff was meant to show a point ... Not to be the topic of this post. I got another one more suited if you wanna do that: