Why does pregnenolone cause hair loss? Will allopregnanolone do the same?

dervmai

progress
I wanted to supplement preg but a lot of people on the forum have negative side effects from it, with hair loss being a common one. Why is the mechanism that causes preg to cause hair loss?? Would Allopreg do the same? I can't find testimonies on here on allopreg causing hair loss, either because not enough people are supplementing it..... Not sure.... Does anyone know???

golder

Is there a chance that someone is experiencing hair loss and also taking pregnenolone?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
With pregnenolone, it seems the the source matters a lot. Ray and Georgi have discussed that. Contaminants, solvents, or estrogenic compounds can be present in most pregnenolone on the market. Gerogi discusses how to purify it on some podcasts. I personally take Pure Encapsulations pregnenolone sometimes without any issues.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
With pregnenolone, it seems the the source matters a lot. Ray and Georgi have discussed that. Contaminants, solvents, or estrogenic compounds can be present in most pregnenolone on the market. Gerogi discusses how to purify it on some podcasts. I personally take Pure Encapsulations pregnenolone sometimes without any issues.
can I not just take allopreg alone instead? I take dut and it lowers my allopreg levels completely basically. I want to supplement allopreg but I'm not sure how the other hormones play a role in all this.

@dervmai It's always different every time I take low dose oral pregnenolone in the 3 to 6 mg range. According to Georgi I should be in the range to obtain greater conversion towards DHEA so I could create both estrogen (here it is essential to have well-functioning hepatic COMT or you will tend to neuropsychiatric symptoms with accumulation of estrogen and difficult degradation) and testosterone/DHT. It is very difficult for me to recognize the acute symptoms... but I would like to say that there is a conversation towards Allo... it is also difficult to say why it causes thinning of the hair... perhaps the excess of NMDA is not positive for effects on Valley ? maybe.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
@dervmai It's always different every time I take low dose oral pregnenolone in the 3 to 6 mg range. According to Georgi I should be in the range to obtain greater conversion towards DHEA so I could create both estrogen (here it is essential to have well-functioning hepatic COMT or you will tend to neuropsychiatric symptoms with accumulation of estrogen and difficult degradation) and testosterone/DHT. It is very difficult for me to recognize the acute symptoms... but I would like to say that there is a conversation towards Allo... it is also difficult to say why it causes thinning of the hair... perhaps the excess of NMDA is not positive for effects on Valley ? maybe.
Couldn't I just avoid all the headache by taking allopreg only? I have high T, and maybe high tissue estrogen+ high DHEA-S, don't know if this makes a difference.

@dervmai I'm inclined to tell you that migraines can be due to NMDA hyper activation in areas where you wouldn't want it activated, probably a selective antagonist like zinc or magnesium could modulate this response? I don't know, I can't think of anything else considering the countless interactions and feedback mechanisms, sorry.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
@dervmai I'm inclined to tell you that migraines can be due to NMDA hyper activation in areas where you wouldn't want it activated, probably a selective antagonist like zinc or magnesium could modulate this response? I don't know, I can't think of anything else considering the countless interactions and feedback mechanisms, sorry.
haha sorry I meant headaches figuratively. I don't really experience headaches.

tallglass13

can I not just take allopreg alone instead? I take dut and it lowers my allopreg levels completely basically. I want to supplement allopreg but I'm not sure how the other hormones play a role in all this.
Hi,
So you are on Dutasteride and still losing hair? This is why in my view, Fin/Dut are totally not worth it, because people still shed and lose ground despite being on some harsh brain altering chemicals.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Hi,
So you are on Dutasteride and still losing hair? This is why in my view, Fin/Dut are totally not worth it, because people still shed and lose ground despite being on some harsh brain altering chemicals.
No I don't think I am really loosing hair as in miniaturization. I have gotten regrowth along my hairline. I just have scalp inflammation and other issues like liver, gut, histamine, vitamin deficiencies, hypothyroidism, high adrenals, high stress and anxiety that are causing shedding, the shedding that grows back.

Den Sha Otoko

Hi Dervmai

I was in your position a few years ago, except I never used Fin/Dut. Anyways, I have tried Ray & Haidut's progesterone and they won't cause hair loss. Actually I got some regrowth and over all thicker hair as a result.

But you got to address your hypothyroidism, stress and gut issue as well, then the scalp inflammation should resolve itself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals