I feel so lost - hair loss as a 26 year old (w/ pictures)

Wow wow how did you know it lowered your estrogen? I base my estrogen on my monthly cycle. It usually clots which tells me I am estrogen dominant more than insufficient.
i had my hormones tested several times. My estrogen was so low and progesterone so high that it created lots of problems.

Orome

Forum Supporter
Did you have to eliminate all starches for fixing the bloating? Even potatoes and rice? I Sony know what to do to fix this issue
Yes I removed all starches and kept going for a few weeks until all symptoms eventually subsided (the gut flora probably needed some time to adapt - I don't know). Nowadays I eat white rice & potatos "occasionaly" as a "sidedish" but that's really not often and if I do I keep the portions small.
And I still avoid all grains (bread, pasta...) 100%. And bloating didn't come back :):.

Vins7

Yes I removed all starches and kept going for a few weeks until all symptoms eventually subsided (the gut flora probably needed some time to adapt - I don't know). Nowadays I eat white rice & potatos "occasionaly" as a "sidedish" but that's really not often and if I do I keep the portions small.
And I still avoid all grains (bread, pasta...) 100%. And bloating didn't come back :):.
It's really interesting I could try It.
What foods form your diet base? How do you get enough calories?
I am afraid of lowering my caloric intake too much if I eliminate starches.

Orome

Forum Supporter
It's really interesting I could try It.
What foods form your diet base? How do you get enough calories?
I am afraid of lowering my caloric intake too much if I eliminate starches.

Milk
Orange Juice
Curd cheese (often with added honey, Nutella or berries).
Fruits (depending on season. At the moment mainly oranges, nectarines, kiwis and water melon with extra honey)
Eggs (in all variations)
Bone broth, often with a little bit of extra gelatin
Occasional seafood (shrimps or sardines in olive oil)
Ice-cream
Salads (in all variations)
Meat (most of the time beef with well-cooked veggies occasionally)

Sometimes also some more exotic stuff - but these are my staples. #Calories are really good and I can easily up- or downregulate them with the Orange Juice, Ice-cream and the Sugars (honey & nutella, which I both love) ;) .

Vins7

Milk
Orange Juice
Fruits (depending on season. At the moment mainly oranges, nectarines, kiwis and water melon with extra honey)
Eggs (in all variations)
Ice-cream

Sometimes also some more exotic stuff - but these are my staples. #Calories are really good and I can easily up- or downregulate them with the Orange Juice, Ice-cream and the Sugars (honey & nutella, which I both love) ;) .
Thank you.
I thought that Nutella was not a very appropriate food due to the palm oil content.

JamesGatz

That could be a factor.

I've personally found foods that cause bloating/gas/irritation or are allergenic to my digestive system to raise prolactin enough to cause very noticeable shedding.

No amount of supplements would ever stop the shedding. I had to do seriously controlled food elimination trials to get it stopped.
1000% This.

Besides this - the next best thing I did for my hair is drink mexican coke every day - make my hair very full and restores COLOR like crazy - stuff is crazy anti-inflammatory imo

Chilly

I’ve been taking 4 pills of 50 mg zinc gluconate , it comes out to 26 mg elemental zinc. Lots of magnesium as well. Hairs been growing fast, eyebrows thickened. New hair growth around my temples. Drink lots of raw milk too.

miraddo

From what i've read birth control can mess up the Progesterone:Estrogen ratio. Are you on any birth control?

carlz

I think you’ve already gotten plenty of good advice but just wanted to offer my own story. I lost tons and tons of hair after a 3 month stint of extended fasts. The hair loss happened probably 2 or 3 months after returning to a regular eating schedule. It stopped once I got pregnant (progesterone I suppose). Did not experience crazy postpartum hair loss either.

Orome

Forum Supporter
Thank you.
I thought that Nutella was not a very appropriate food due to the palm oil content.

Palm oil is not perfect but I do not consider it as that problematic either. As far as I know the fats are mainly saturated fat and monounsaturated fat (oleic acid) which should counter the smaller linoleic acid content. Here is what Ray thinks about palm oil:

Although I don't recommend "palm oil" as a food, because I think it is less stable than coconut oil, some studies show that it contains valuable nutrients. For example, it contains antioxidants similar to vitamin E, which lowers both LDL cholesterol and a platelet clotting factor. [B. A. Bradlow, University of Illinois, Chicago; Science News 139, 268, 1991.] Coconut oil and other tropical oils also contain some hormones that are related to pregnenolone or progesterone.

The more problematic ingredient I think is the soy lecithin which you do not want to overdo. So honey and jam are definitely saver options for sure. For myself I don't have any (apparent) ill effects from it however and I even tend to become very warm after I eat it which I consider a good sign,

OP
B

bavy

Milk
Orange Juice
Eggs (in all variations)
Ice-cream

Do you stay conscious of the randle cycle when eating? Or do you mix your fats with carbs? Does it even matter?

OP
B

bavy

I think you’ve already gotten plenty of good advice but just wanted to offer my own story. I lost tons and tons of hair after a 3 month stint of extended fasts. The hair loss happened probably 2 or 3 months after returning to a regular eating schedule. It stopped once I got pregnant (progesterone I suppose). Did not experience crazy postpartum hair loss either.
Thank you, this is helpful. It seems that excess stress without lots of calories will cause this type of loss.

OP
B

bavy

I’ve been taking 4 pills of 50 mg zinc gluconate , it comes out to 26 mg elemental zinc. Lots of magnesium as well. Hairs been growing fast, eyebrows thickened. New hair growth around my temples. Drink lots of raw milk too.
I have been nervous to try zinc as I’m not sure if it will cause an imbalance but I’m going to try this out and watch my minerals closely

Chilly

I have been nervous to try zinc as I’m not sure if it will cause an imbalance but I’m going to try this out and watch my minerals closely
Try it for a week or 2. zinc gluconate 200 mg equals only 26mg of elemental. It wouldn’t be enough to make you copper deficient. I’ve also noticed it’s been clearing up my acne and overall improving skin quality. Give it a shot.

OP
B

bavy

1000% This.

Besides this - the next best thing I did for my hair is drink mexican coke every day - make my hair very full and restores COLOR like crazy - stuff is crazy anti-inflammatory imo
My hair falls out faster with excess sugar. I think it depletes too many different minerals? I’m not sure.

OP
B

bavy

Try it for a week or 2. zinc gluconate 200 mg equals only 26mg of elemental. It wouldn’t be enough to make you copper deficient. I’ve also noticed it’s been clearing up my acne and overall improving skin quality. Give it a shot.
Just ordered, thank you!

Orome

Forum Supporter
Do you stay conscious of the randle cycle when eating? Or do you mix your fats with carbs? Does it even matter?

Yes I think it's important to keep fatty acid oxidation low and maintaining stabile blood glucose levels as much as possible (e.g. no fasts, no fats without carbs). And Niacinamide & Aspirin should also help with that.

Orome

Forum Supporter
Same here. White sugar = quick shedding and dandruff. Probly just inflammation.
That's strange since it should have the opposite effect. How do you consume the white sugars? Have you tried to get it through fruit, orange juice, milkshakes etc.?

OP
B

bavy

Yes I think it's important to keep fatty acid oxidation low and maintaining stabile blood glucose levels as much as possible (e.g. no fasts, no fats without carbs). And Niacinamide & Aspirin should also help with that.
No fats without carbs or no fats with carbs? I thought having fat with carbs blocks your ability to metabolize the carbs?

I’m having a hard time keeping this in mind because a lot of staples include fat - eggs, milk, oysters, and cheese. How do you plan it yet still hit all your caloric and nutrient needs?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals