Which Vitamins Are Safe To Take?

T

TheBeard

I used to take a multivitamins, not overdosed, mostly 100% of the recommended daily dose of everything, including copper, zinc etc... (mini-multi by Carlson’s if you wonder).

I hadn’t been feeling well overall for a few months, so I decided to completely cut it off:
My libido is back and hard ons are harder than ever, I’m mentally a LOT more chilled and it helps me in social interactions, I sleep better too.

So it seems that something (or a few things) in this multivitamins were hindering my wellbeing.

My hypothesis is that zinc had been accumulating over time in tissues and had knocked DHT out:

Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic acid. - PubMed - NCBI

The effect of zinc on the 5 alpha-reduction of testosterone by the hyperplastic human prostate gland. - PubMed - NCBI

I’m not sure if I have identified the real cuplrit, if it’s the case I wouldn’t want to miss out on other essential vitamins by quiting the multi altogether.

Is a B complex ok to take on a daily basis?

Douglas Ek

I used to take a multivitamins, not overdosed, mostly 100% of the recommended daily dose of everything, including copper, zinc etc... (mini-multi by Carlson’s if you wonder).

I hadn’t been feeling well overall for a few months, so I decided to completely cut it off:
My libido is back and hard ons are harder than ever, I’m mentally a LOT more chilled and it helps me in social interactions, I sleep better too.

So it seems that something (or a few things) in this multivitamins were hindering my wellbeing.

My hypothesis is that zinc had been accumulating over time in tissues and had knocked DHT out:

Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic acid. - PubMed - NCBI

The effect of zinc on the 5 alpha-reduction of testosterone by the hyperplastic human prostate gland. - PubMed - NCBI

I’m not sure if I have identified the real cuplrit, if it’s the case I wouldn’t want to miss out on other essential vitamins by quiting the multi altogether.

Is a B complex ok to take on a daily basis?

No need to take multi vitamins. If you think you have a deficiency go take a blood test. Its not that expensive and its worth it. Most common mineral to be deficient in is iron which would cause fatigue and could lower libido. 2nd after that is vitamin D and magnesium. But I would not take either iron or vitamin D without testing first. Just eat healthy. Eat big portions and live a active life as a man and youll se things will change. It really is that simple as eating healthier and bigger portions. Eating small is not necesarilly healthy like main stream media tries to portray it. You have to think your a man. A man needs to it. Specially if you are young. Your thyroid and testosterone will go up.

DDK

Desiccated Beef Liver capsules is probably the safest, food based, multi-vitamin/mineral supplement I can think of.

OP
T

TheBeard

No need to take multi vitamins. If you think you have a deficiency go take a blood test. Its not that expensive and its worth it. Most common mineral to be deficient in is iron which would cause fatigue and could lower libido. 2nd after that is vitamin D and magnesium. But I would not take either iron or vitamin D without testing first. Just eat healthy. Eat big portions and live a active life as a man and youll se things will change. It really is that simple as eating healthier and bigger portions. Eating small is not necesarilly healthy like main stream media tries to portray it. You have to think your a man. A man needs to it. Specially if you are young. Your thyroid and testosterone will go up.

Ok Douglas, let's be men.

Are you eating your sugar and drinking your milk everyday like a man?

benaoao

Besides vitamin E in case of a cheat meal / eating out I don’t believe in any supplement out there. They will never get absorbed proper.

Douglas Ek

Ok Douglas, let's be men.

Are you eating your sugar and drinking your milk everyday like a man?

Yes I eat what the **** I want. Vitamins and minerals interact with each other in ways science havent even really figuered out yet. Zinc has been shown to increase DHT. But it also lowers copper, iron and a lot of other stuff thats needed for thyroid. Too high vitamin D intake reduces liver vitamin A and vice versa. High dose vitamin E depletes vitamin K. Iron depletes vitamin E and vitamin C. If you think you have a deficiency go to doctor and take a blood test. You will do more harm than good by just taking random vitamins and minerals which you probably have noticed since you lost your libido while you took them. Do you live in a 3rd world country? Why do you think you need supplements if you eat regular meals everyday? Sure you can have a deficiency in something but taling a multivitamin wont help you restore that. Its more complex than that since these compounds interact and hinders each others absorption. You need to do a blood test. Besides theres more factors to libido than testosterone. I know people with testosterone in 1000 range and still had libido issues. Dopamine is way more important.

PS reason why vitamin and mineral deficiencies are not as prevalent in western society as in 3rd world countries is for one reason. We have a better supply of food when we want and higher quality. If you eat nutrient dense foods like liver, meats, butter, fruits etc... then you wont have a problem.

OP
T

TheBeard

Yes I eat what the **** I want. Vitamins and minerals interact with each other in ways science havent even really figuered out yet. Zinc has been shown to increase DHT. But it also lowers copper, iron and a lot of other stuff thats needed for thyroid. Too high vitamin D intake reduces liver vitamin A and vice versa. High dose vitamin E depletes vitamin K. Iron depletes vitamin E and vitamin C. If you think you have a deficiency go to doctor and take a blood test. You will do more harm than good by just taking random vitamins and minerals which you probably have noticed since you lost your libido while you took them. Do you live in a 3rd world country? Why do you think you need supplements if you eat regular meals everyday? Sure you can have a deficiency in something but taling a multivitamin wont help you restore that. Its more complex than that since these compounds interact and hinders each others absorption. You need to do a blood test. Besides theres more factors to libido than testosterone. I know people with testosterone in 1000 range and still had libido issues. Dopamine is way more important.

PS reason why vitamin and mineral deficiencies are not as prevalent in western society as in 3rd world countries is for one reason. We have a better supply of food when we want and higher quality. If you eat nutrient dense foods like liver, meats, butter, fruits etc... then you wont have a problem.

I never mentioned testosterone as having anything to do with libido, you did.

But come one Douglas, let’s get to the real thing: how to become manly? You haven’t told me even after all that long monologue

Douglas Ek

I never mentioned testosterone as having anything to do with libido, you did.

But come one Douglas, let’s get to the real thing: how to become manly? You haven’t told me even after all that long monologue

Lol in your thread you're referencing how zinc inhibts conversion of testosterone to DHT. You also said quote "My libido is back". This would mean that you're libido was gone? My point was that testosterone and DHT are both anabolic and androgenic which is the reason you get the male features and dont look like a woman. More testosterone equalls more DHT since something like 5% of your testosterone converts to DHT. Studies show that eating a calorie surplus and carbohydrates as your main calorie sources then fat in the form of saturated like butter, coconut oil all increases both testosterone and DHT. So my point was if you at least want to get higher testosterone and DHT, look and feel like a man then focus on your eating and not getting a shitty multi vitamin with lab made synthetic vitamins that probably make more harm than good.

Influence of dietary carbohydrate intake on the free testosterone: cortisol ratio responses to short-term intensive exercise training. - PubMed - NCBI
Testosterone and cortisol in relationship to dietary nutrients and resistance exercise. - PubMed - NCBI
Diet and serum sex hormones in healthy men. - PubMed - NCBI
Influence of diet on plasma steroids and sex hormone-binding globulin levels in adult men. - PubMed - NCBI
Hormonal response to overfeeding. - PubMed - NCBI
The effect of nutritional factors on sex hormone levels in male twins. - PubMed - NCBI
Influence of short-term fasting on the pituitary-testicular axis in normal men. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
OP
T

TheBeard

Lol in your thread you're referencing how zinc inhibts conversion of testosterone to DHT. You also said quote "My libido is back". This would mean that you're libido was gone? My point was that testosterone and DHT are both anabolic and androgenic which is the reason you get the male features and dont look like a woman. More testosterone equalls more DHT since something like 5% of your testosterone converts to DHT. Studies show that eating a calorie surplus and carbohydrates as your main calorie sources then fat in the form of saturated like butter, coconut oil all increases both testosterone and DHT. So my point was if you at least want to get higher testosterone and DHT, look and feel like a man then focus on your eating and not getting a shitty multi vitamin with lab made synthetic vitamins that probably make more harm than good.

Influence of dietary carbohydrate intake on the free testosterone: cortisol ratio responses to short-term intensive exercise training. - PubMed - NCBI
Testosterone and cortisol in relationship to dietary nutrients and resistance exercise. - PubMed - NCBI
Diet and serum sex hormones in healthy men. - PubMed - NCBI
Influence of diet on plasma steroids and sex hormone-binding globulin levels in adult men. - PubMed - NCBI
Hormonal response to overfeeding. - PubMed - NCBI
The effect of nutritional factors on sex hormone levels in male twins. - PubMed - NCBI
Influence of short-term fasting on the pituitary-testicular axis in normal men. - PubMed - NCBI

You still haven’t told me something I don’t know Doug.

You can do better than this as a man

Repas du soir

Nutritional yeast grown on sugar beets is probably a safe supplement for B vitamins, and it tastes good too. If you somehow take too much, excess will just get excreted through urine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals