Topical CoQ10 & Coconut Oil

TubZy

Hi, I dissolved 25 grams of CoQ10 powder into 14oz of coconut oil. I'm planning to apply to face and hair. Does anyone have an idea of how long to leave it on for absorption purposes? My go to is usually an hour, but I'm planning to absorb most of it (70-80%) and not all. Would 30 minutes work or an hour? Or overnight (really don't want to as it will stain my pillow orange and I will look like Mr Trump in morning). I believe the dose is 300mg of CoQ10 per teaspoon which is pretty high for topical use so should be able to saturate local tissue better.

Also, I think this could enhance the ability of "oil pulling" compared to regular oil pulling with just plain coconut oil for oral health.

I was also thinking about adding some preg to it as well......

Topical treatment with coenzyme Q10‐containing formulas improves skin's Q10 level and provides antioxidative effects
[Coenzyme Q10--its importance, properties and use in nutrition and cosmetics]. - PubMed - NCBI
Stimulation of skin's energy metabolism provides multiple benefits for mature human skin. - PubMed - NCBI

PIQaEH9.jpg

Last edited:

aarfai

I've channeled my inner Patrick Bateman and used stand alone coconut oil topically to some success. I believe Peat has been quoted saying Vitamin K2 does everything CoQ10 does and more.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I've channeled my inner Patrick Bateman and used stand alone coconut oil topically to some success. I believe Peat has been quoted saying Vitamin K2 does everything CoQ10 does and more.

How long do you leave it on for? I use K2 orally, but I think its much cheaper using coq10 powder for topical uses like hair, oral health and skin.

Stramonium

I've been applying Coconut Oil to my scalp, I leave it overnight. It's the only thing that has been able to stop my dandruff.

EIRE24

I've been applying Coconut Oil to my scalp, I leave it overnight. It's the only thing that has been able to stop my dandruff.
Really? What brand or kind of coconut oil do you use? Have you tried vitamin A and liver before without success?

Mito

I believe Peat has been quoted saying Vitamin K2 does everything CoQ10 does and more.
He has said:

"It (CoQ10) works with vitamin K to stabilize energy production."

"It (Vitamin K) works at the same site in the mitochondrian and it seems to just act as a stabilizer or amplifier of the effect of Coenzyme Q10."

OP
TubZy

TubZy

He has said:

"It (CoQ10) works with vitamin K to stabilize energy production."

"It (Vitamin K) works at the same site in the mitochondrian and it seems to just act as a stabilizer or amplifier of the effect of Coenzyme Q10."

Thanks, yeah that is why I take both.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

What brand of CoQ10 do you use? Do you still apply it topically on your skin or hair?

I used the entire bottle. I did the hair and face for the first week. I did not see any difference compared to just using plain coconut oil unfortunately. It did make my skin look better though. I used lotioncrafter pure CoQ10 powder.

If you like oils I think topical estroban could be better if you mix it with olive or coconut oil.

sladerunner69

I would add in a drop or two of rubbing lcohol to catalyze absorption rates. I never noticed coconut oil to absorb particularly well when applicato transdermally.

Are you concerned that CoQ10 can increase the need for copper?

BTW topicaly copper is something Ive been keeping int he back of my mind. It does wodners for the skin through upregulation of cAMP, an enzyme that is integral in the elasticity structure of skin. While I was trying smoking tobacco to increase androgens a few years back, my skin became a bit raggd and dried out and loose. Then I ate calf liver or oysters and had a large helping of gelatin and collagen hydrosylate, the next mroning my skin looked remarkably improved. After a couple weeks of daily oysters the skin problems I had noticed from smoking were completely reversed. I wodner if this effect on skin would apply to hair as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals