Would Coq10 Increase Or Decrease Vitamin E Levels?

topdog82

Hi all. I just posted this thread about a week ago;
Need Help With Hypervitaminosis E Issues

Basically I can sum it up: I took too much vitamin e and now my thyroid has been flaring up. I confirmed with a blood test that I have;
creatinine levels just below the lower healthy range
higher end vitamin e, well over the healthy range (22.5, the listed upper limit is 16)
higher calcium levels (10.5, the upper limit is about 10.2)
and my t3 is over the healthy range. (4.7, health limit is about 4.3)

I feel shitty on and off. I have confirmed that I have a mild case of hypervitaminosis E

My question is; do you guys think that supplementing with coq10 would increase or decrease my vitamin e levels? I have stopped all supplements besides taurine. I am unsure of whether to take coq10 or not

Vitamin E Hyperthyroid Anecdote - Ray Peat Q&A

Someone else with hyperthyroid symptoms after high dose vitamin e. But on the last comment in the comment thread someone mentions a cool way to drop vitamin e serum levels
Also... " vitamin E supplementation tended to reduce the concentrations of plasma CoQ10 and that CoQ10 supplementation tended to reduce α-tocopherol concentrations". Hmmm...
Dietary Cosupplementation With Vitamin E and Coenzyme Q10 Inhibits Atherosclerosis in Apolipoprotein E Gene Knockout Mice | Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology

Cosupplementation with vitamin E and coenzyme Q10 reduces circulating markers of inflammation in baboons

I am thinking of just waiting another week or so. and seeing if my vitamin e levels even out. If not, I will start with coq10. I still am feeling crappy on and off (I was taking a multi that I did not realize had about 30iu's of vitamin e). I think that vitamin e toxicity symptoms are supposed to disappear relatively quickly yet for some reason they are not (concerning)

The reason that I am on the fence is because coq10 supposedly has a "sparing" effect on vitamin e. and seems to improve its retention

Dietary coenzyme Q10 and vitamin E alter the status of these compounds in rat tissues and mitochondria. - PubMed - NCBI
However, rats fed the basal diet supplemented with CQ10 had significantly higher VE levels in liver (total and mitochondria) than those not receiving CQ10 supplementation. CQ9 levels were higher in the liver and spleen, lower in skeletal muscle and unaltered in brain, serum, heart and kidney of rats supplemented with CQ10 compared with the controls. These data provide direct evidence for an interactive effect between exogenously administered VE and CQ10 in terms of tissue uptake and retention, and for a sparing effect of CQ10 on VE

Thoughts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals