Use Of Coconut Oil As Enema Saves Woman’s Colon From Being Surgically Removed Due To Colitis

nikkmm

I just read this and came here to share it but saw that you already did. Absolutely incredible. I’m going to start doing these at home.

nikkmm

I agree. Do you have IBD?
Unfortunately I do. It comes and goes, peating has helped a lot. But I still get flares. This therapy looks like it actually healed the patient, instead of just putting the inflammation into remission.

we've seen an extraordinary study showing vitamin E enemas cured ulcerative colitis without side effects.

OP
L

Logan-

Unfortunately I do. It comes and goes, peating has helped a lot. But I still get flares. This therapy looks like it actually healed the patient, instead of just putting the inflammation into remission.
What has helped your IBD so far, could you share?

Last edited:

nikkmm

What has helped your IBD so far, could you share?
Sure. My flares are more linked to stress than a particular food irritation. However, I do much better when I have lots of insoluble fiber and I keep things moving by any means necessary. Sounds counterintuitive - with inflammation you would think you would want zero fiber - but when I have inflammation I lose peristalsis and get constipation. The food sitting there just irritates it and makes it worse.

I’ve tried a lot to improve peristalsis. Thyroid activates adrenaline too much which immediately halts peristalsis for me. Cascara makes me too crampy and gassy. I have found triphala and Thorne GI encap taken between meals works well. Milk of magnesia at night is also helpful. I recently started taking jujube which is supposed to help mental stress and improves peristalsis but haven’t seen any improvements yet. I read somewhere it has quinone actions similar to cascara, but I haven’t asked Peat about it.

To soothe and clean the intestines I do warm water or saline enemas and eat lots of coconut oil. Oral vitamin e helps too. Charcoal every once in a while if I’m producing a lot of mucous but have to be careful of increased constipation.

Daily carrot salad does genuinely help a lot, but isn’t enough to stop a flare from extreme mental stress. Peat also recommended oat bran to me which works, but the fiber in raw carrots is better IMO. I also find that the consistency and fiber content of boiled sweet potatoes works well with my system. Stokes purple sweet potatoes are great if you can find them.

Just my experience, anyway.

burtlancast

Do you supplement high dose Vit D ?

OP
L

Logan-

Sure. My flares are more linked to stress than a particular food irritation. However, I do much better when I have lots of insoluble fiber and I keep things moving by any means necessary. Sounds counterintuitive - with inflammation you would think you would want zero fiber - but when I have inflammation I lose peristalsis and get constipation. The food sitting there just irritates it and makes it worse.

I’ve tried a lot to improve peristalsis. Thyroid activates adrenaline too much which immediately halts peristalsis for me. Cascara makes me too crampy and gassy. I have found triphala and Thorne GI encap taken between meals works well. Milk of magnesia at night is also helpful. I recently started taking jujube which is supposed to help mental stress and improves peristalsis but haven’t seen any improvements yet. I read somewhere it has quinone actions similar to cascara, but I haven’t asked Peat about it.

To soothe and clean the intestines I do warm water or saline enemas and eat lots of coconut oil. Oral vitamin e helps too. Charcoal every once in a while if I’m producing a lot of mucous but have to be careful of increased constipation.

Daily carrot salad does genuinely help a lot, but isn’t enough to stop a flare from extreme mental stress. Peat also recommended oat bran to me which works, but the fiber in raw carrots is better IMO. I also find that the consistency and fiber content of boiled sweet potatoes works well with my system. Stokes purple sweet potatoes are great if you can find them.

Just my experience, anyway.

Thank you for sharing, @nikkmm. If you try the coconut oil enema, let us know about your experince please. It would be great if you could update on your experiences with it in this thread, so that everyone could follow and learn.

By the way, taking magnesium might help with bowel regularity. It is a laxative, and it also reduces stress, increases sleep quality and energy levels.

nikkmm

Do you supplement high dose Vit D ?
No, haven’t tried that. But my A and D levels have both been confirmed low with blood tests. I use 8 drops estroban daily. Haven’t rechecked labs since I started but it’s only been about 4 months.

nikkmm

Thank you for sharing, @nikkmm. If you try the coconut oil enema, let us know about your experince please. It would be great if you could update on your experiences with it in this thread, so that everyone could follow and learn.

By the way, taking magnesium might help with bowel regularity. It is a laxative, and it also reduces stress, increases sleep quality and energy levels.

I will try it and update. I’m traveling for a couple weeks so it won’t be for a little while. I know oil enemas are quite important in Ayurveda but they typically use sesame oil. I think coconut oil is a great idea, not sure why I didn’t think of it before.

I use natural calm magnesium every night. Doesn’t have any effect on my bowels but given my natural wired and high adrenaline kind of state, I figure it’s necessry.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Acidosis is causing the ulcerative colitis, chrons, etc etc. Get those kidneys filtering and lymphatic system moving and those acids that are burning your insides will move right on out.

CLASH

I have used both vit e and coconut oil for an enema after reading these studies a few months back. I also used progesterone. What worked the best was dissolving progesterone and vit e in the coconut oil and then putting the concoction in an emptied fleet enema bottle. I retained the enema for atleast 6 hours or so, sometimes I retained it indefinetly. The biggest issue is the possible leakage from the oil if your retaining for an extended period of time and/or if you get the oil deeper into your colon.

Other things that helped significantly for my colon were magnesium gluconate (seems to work better for me than glycinate and malate), squatting when going to the bathroom, eating higher fat (around 40%), and limiting fibers to vegetable and fruit fiber only. Dairy was one of the worst things for my colon, giving me the worst constipation I’ve had in my life.

burtlancast

burtlancast

I think the Vitamin D is a good idea. Peat also recommended I bring my levels up. I'll increase my dose. Interesting that Coimbra recommends avoidance of dairy and calcium while on the 10,000 iu/day of D he recommends.

No, no.

10.000 UI /day is perfectly safe for anyone and without any milk products restrictions.

It's only when you take 50.000-250.000 UI/day that you need to stop dairy.

InChristAlone

Since starting Ascorbic Acid two years ago I can count on my hand the number of times I have had cramping. I used to have IBS-C.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals