The High Testosterone Personality

Jing

@Jing prenatal testosterone plays a big role in determining some of the signs of high testosterone, you can't expect to have a bigger noise or longer ring to index ratio in this age, but you can change some things like behaviour and personality and maybe voice:
"The digit ratio - the difference in length between the second and fourth fingers - is an indication of the amount of testosterone the man was exposed to as a fetus within in his mother's womb, earlier research has shown. A longer ring finger indicates greater exposure to the male hormone."
Yh I've got the longer ring finger, I would like a deeper voice would be nice.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes Ive tried histidine never noticed anything apart from I had more dreams but this stopped happening.

I've never tried allthiamine,coq10,methylene blue, or vitamin e on its own but have used it in estroban . Never noticed nothing from estroban but can't say I wouldn't notice anything from vitamin e on its own , I might have to try it soon what type of vitamin e would you recommend?? I've tried thiamine with no effects up to 700mg a day , is allthiamine better? K2 I've tried Mk7 and MK4 can't say I've noticed anything really I have taken MK4 and sometimes had increased libido but I can't say it's from the K2 tbh.
Allithiamine doesn't require the transporters like normal B1 does, so it can enter the cell if B1 can't. It's pretty expensive though.
You could try CoQ10 and/or PQQ and methylene blue to see if the issue is with the electron transport chain.
For vit E I'd recommend TocoVit or unique E.

Jing

Allithiamine doesn't require the transporters like normal B1 does, so it can enter the cell if B1 can't. It's pretty expensive though.
You could try CoQ10 and/or PQQ and methylene blue to see if the issue is with the electron transport chain.
For vit E I'd recommend TocoVit or unique E.
Yh just looked at it the cheapest I can find it is 34 pound and that is on deal not really willing to spend that have it does nothing for me lol , what about benfotiamine? I can find that for 18 pounds so would be willing to spend that sometime.

Ok will look into them thanks.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yh just looked at it the cheapest I can find it is 34 pound and that is on deal not really willing to spend that have it does nothing for me lol , what about benfotiamine? I can find that for 18 pounds so would be willing to spend that sometime.

Ok will look into them thanks.
It has be to allithiamine, benfotiamine will not do sadly.

opethfeldt

I don't think you can pin down a specific "high testosterone" personality, because the effects of testosterone and the resulting behavior are entirely dependent on other hormones, such as cortisol, prolactin, serotonin and others. Both aggressive, impulsive people and calm, assertive people have high testosterone and thus have high testosterone personalities. It takes much more than just raising test to optimize your hormonal profile. All of this being said, I enjoyed your article. I just disagree with calling the calm and assertive personality as the definitive high testosterone personality.

boris

Thanks man.
I know of Ramit but I have not done any of his courses. They look real good though.
I'm curious, why do you think I'm a student of him?

I found the text to be nice to read. Kind of reminds me of his style. And what he gives to people for free in his field is better than anyone elses paid material :)

Kunstruct

My index fingers are shorter than my ring fingers.

Yes I've tried cypro, I don't really notice many good effects apart from better sleep and appetite but it causes libido and erection problems.

Glycine I don't really feel anything maybe abit better sleep I've tried up to 30 grams at once . Im pretty sure it lowers my libido too.
Magnesium I don't really notice much from.

Cypro better sleep at what dose? I tried 2 days at only 0.5mg low dose and my sleep is worse and it was pretty good in general. I know some guys talk about sleeping like 14 hours on it, I mean maybe some high dose or something.

CLASH

The ratio is based on your ring and pointing finger. Is your ring finger longer than your pointing finger? If you ring finger is longer than your pointing finger, it usually indicates high prenatal testosterone

Trauma could increase cortisol and serotonin sensitivity and hyper-responsiveness.

Have you tried cypro? It doesn't necessarily have to be high serotonin, but it could also be tryptophan dysregulation (kynurenine pathway) and elevated dynorphins or NMDA hypoactivation. Do glycine or magnesium make your symptoms worse?

@Hans Enjoyed the article overall, I've read some of your other articles on raising DHT, lowering prolactin, lowering estrogen and lowering cortisol; I also enjoyed them. I think these articles are good to have considering the current ideology around "testosterone poisoning" and other BS along those lines often seen in mainstream media.

With all that said this quote above specifically caught my attention because I cant handle glycine or even collagen hydrolysate at all. They both make me sweat profusely, give me insomnia, and effect my ability to focus in very weird ways. Can you please expand on the tryptophan dysregulatin and elevated dynorphins/ NMDA hypoactivation part.

Jing

Cypro better sleep at what dose? I tried 2 days at only 0.5mg low dose and my sleep is worse and it was pretty good in general. I know some guys talk about sleeping like 14 hours on it, I mean maybe some high dose or something.
I normally use 2mg and it helps sleep abit I need about 4mg to increase sleep noticeable but then I feel ***t the next day.. 0.5 mg don't think I would feel anything tbh. Don't even really feel anything with 1mg.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I don't think you can pin down a specific "high testosterone" personality, because the effects of testosterone and the resulting behavior are entirely dependent on other hormones, such as cortisol, prolactin, serotonin and others. Both aggressive, impulsive people and calm, assertive people have high testosterone and thus have high testosterone personalities. It takes much more than just raising test to optimize your hormonal profile. All of this being said, I enjoyed your article. I just disagree with calling the calm and assertive personality as the definitive high testosterone personality.
Yes ofc it's not just T that does the good stuff, that's why I added the disclaimer at the start of the article. But testosterone does promote those attribute, but ofc it's just a piece of the bigger picture.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I found the text to be nice to read. Kind of reminds me of his style. And what he gives to people for free in his field is better than anyone elses paid material :)
Aah I see. :) Well I do try to learn from many successful people and I do like Ramit. :) Thanks for the positive feedback.

lampofred

Defining characteristic of high T is calmness under stress imo.

Kunstruct

"Matt Damon in the Jason Bourne sequel" "Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible sequel"
Do we really need fictional movie characters to exemplify high testosterone, to get the picture? That means high testosterone is fake?
In reality people cannot rehears scenes, cannot pause and then resume, life goes on, people do not have couches to tell them how to look cool, do not have months to trains for a stunt just to look cool from a specific angle, can't edit out this and insert some fake CGI in. Publicists, agents, lawyers for contracts.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
"Matt Damon in the Jason Bourne sequel" "Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible sequel"
Do we really need fictional movie characters to exemplify high testosterone, to get the picture? That means high testosterone is fake?
In reality people cannot rehears scenes, cannot pause and then resume, life goes on, people do not have couches to tell them how to look cool, do not have months to trains for a stunt just to look cool from a specific angle, can't edit out this and insert some fake CGI in. Publicists, agents, lawyers for contracts.
Not sure why you only chose to mention the white guys.o_O
First off, I could have used myself, my grandad, my uncle and a lot of other guys that I know as examples (including @ecstatichamster), :) but you wouldn't have the faintest idea who they are and how they behave and carry themselves throughout their everyday life.
No normal human (with high T) being would walk around with a camera and show how they handle everyday situations; so using movie characters/actors as examples is the best I can do for everyone to get a good picture of what high T looks like.
And if I dare say, a lot of the men/actors that I mentioned also have high T in real life and not just in the movies. Most of them act as themselves in the roles they play, which is also why they tend to gravitate towards such roles because they do have high T.
But the process of making a movie and the criteria the actor has to meet for that specific movie/role he is playing is totally irrelevant to whether he has high T or not.
Quite to the contrary, his high T actually allows him to stay calm, be confident, creative, spontaneous, stable and assertive throughout the making of the movie. Which also makes him a very good actor to work with.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans Enjoyed the article overall, I've read some of your other articles on raising DHT, lowering prolactin, lowering estrogen and lowering cortisol; I also enjoyed them. I think these articles are good to have considering the current ideology around "testosterone poisoning" and other BS along those lines often seen in mainstream media.
Glad you enjoyed it. It would be nice if everyone could share to help get the word out on this. Here is the facebook post for the article: MenElite

With all that said this quote above specifically caught my attention because I cant handle glycine or even collagen hydrolysate at all. They both make me sweat profusely, give me insomnia, and effect my ability to focus in very weird ways. Can you please expand on the tryptophan dysregulatin and elevated dynorphins/ NMDA hypoactivation part.
@milk_lover Some people do get the opposite effect from glycine/gelatin and it's been speculated that that's because glycine allows chloride to exit the cell, which excites them, instead of allowing chloride to enter the cell and relax them like it's supposed to do. Chris Masterjohn also explains it nicely here:

Glycine is mainly inhibitory by binding to the glycine receptors, but it can also be excitatory by activating the NMDA receptor. If you already have too much glutamate as opposed to GABA, you will have an overabundance of glutamate release when taking glycine.

From this study (R):
"These results suggest that the NMDA receptor present on GABAergic neurons is involved in the stimulatory regulation of GABA release. The release of GABA was increased concentration-dependently by NAN-190, a 5-HT1A receptor antagonist, but was not affected by 8-OH-DPAT, a 5-HT1A receptor agonist."
So although the NMDA receptor increases GABA release, it also increases glutamate and serotonin release, which would have a negative effect if GABA remains low or the ratio is just low. So maybe you have either low GABA or NMDA hyperstimulation.

For the tryptophan dysregulation, I was mainly referring to the kynurenine pathway which creates an abundance of kynurenic acid or quinolinic acid, which is inhibitory and excitatory, respectively. Quinolinic acid is also an NMDA agonist. Inflammation tends to upregulate this pathway.

In regards to dynorphins, it's a neuropeptide which activates kappa opioid receptors.
"Although KOR signaling during acute stress may increase physical ability (by producing analgesia) and motivation to escape a threat (by producing aversion), prolonged KOR signaling in response to chronic or uncontrollable stress can lead to persistent expression of behavioral signs that are characteristic of human depressive disorders (i.e., “prodepressive-like” signs). Accumulating evidence suggests that KORs contribute to the progressive amplification (sensitization) of stress-induced behaviors that occurs with repeated exposure to stress. Many of the aversive effects of stress are blocked by KOR antagonists, suggesting that these agents may have potential as therapeutics for stress-related conditions such as depression and anxiety disorders." (R)
The thing with stress is that it chronically upregulates stress pathways even after the stress has passed, which might then take quite some time to reverse. It could just be that you have NMDA hyperresponsiveness, so some electrolyte deficiency (to balance chloride in the cell), or have a vitamin or mineral deficiency that lowers energy production (energy is needed to pump the chloride out of the cell). @Terma also knows a lot about this so maybe he can chime in as well. :)

T

TheBeard

Hi all,

A while ago I created the high serotonin personality article and because so many of you enjoyed it I thought I'd follow that up with a high testosterone personality article.

This article discusses the effects testosterone has on a man and how the effects of testosterone are influenced by other factors such as estrogen, cortisol and serotonin.

Here is the link to my article: The High Testosterone Personality: What are the traits of high testosterone?

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think.

Glad our answers to your male actors thread have been of some help for you to write this article

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Glad our answers to your male actors thread have been of some help for you to write this article
That's funny, I'm curious to know how you think your answers about the male actors you like helped me write this article?
I wrote this article before I created the actor thread and the actors I added in my article, as examples, were still the actors I said I personally like and find to have high T attributes. So none of my examples were based on anyone else's answers or opinions on the thread. The thread was created out of pure curiosity but it quickly went south.:smile:

Peater

Hi all,

A while ago I created the high serotonin personality article and because so many of you enjoyed it I thought I'd follow that up with a high testosterone personality article.

This article discusses the effects testosterone has on a man and how the effects of testosterone are influenced by other factors such as estrogen, cortisol and serotonin.

Here is the link to my article: The High Testosterone Personality: What are the traits of high testosterone?

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think.

Nice one! Great article Hans

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals