Why Do You Want High Testosterone And High Energy?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I know what my reasons are but would like to hear what other's reasons might be for wanting high testosterone and energy.

For me personally, I enjoy being courageous, able to speak my mind, do what's necessary in life according to my current situation, having good energy throughout the day, being more mood stable and stress-resilient, having a clearer mind to think and be creative, focus when needed and accomplish things I find important.
Especially if you've gone through a time in your life when your androgens and energy was quite low then you really appreciate these traits once they start to manifest due to optimizing androgens, metabolism and energy.
So, in essence, it's the opposite of being fearful, afraid what others would think, intimidated, passive, depressed, living in remorse or fear of the future, etc.

So let me know what your reasons are for wanting high T and energy (whether it's something you've noticed higher T and better energy helps you with or if it's something you still want to fix).

Frankdee20

Who would not want that ? LOL. I have been an abysmall weak minded, atrocity of a Man with 300 T levels.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Who would not want that ? LOL. I have been an abysmall weak minded, atrocity of a Man with 300 T levels.
Yes, but you only want it because you feel it will improve certain aspects of your life. If you get what I mean. If you didn't know about testosterone you wouldn't have minded if it was low or not. So the point is that you associate certain things with testosterone and energy and I'm interested in what people associate it with. What do you think, or hope, testosterone would do for you?

Beastmode

Yes, but you only want it because you feel it will improve certain aspects of your life. If you get what I mean. If you didn't know about testosterone you wouldn't have minded if it was low or not. So the point is that you associate certain things with testosterone and energy and I'm interested in what people associate it with. What do you think, or hope, testosterone would do for you?

Nothing can be more true than this statement.

It's the subtlety of "reductive" thinking that most plague all of us seeking 'holism."

I don't know Ray personally, but my experience thus far via email, his interviews, etc is he's pointing to something far more vast than what we put in our bodies.

Frankdee20

Trust me, I know something has been misssing for many many years. 21 years old with T levels of 298, LOL. I think it would give me more confidence around people, less shyness, less alcohol abuse, more life direction, none of this aimless gay ambivalence, more self love, more status socially, everything I am missing now.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
More creativity, leaner physique and longer shots(if you know what I mean).
Thanks for sharing.
Trust me, I know something has been misssing for many many years. 21 years old with T levels of 298, LOL. I think it would give me more confidence around people, less shyness, less alcohol abuse, more life direction, none of this aimless gay ambivalence, more self love, more status socially, everything I am missing now.
Sorry I wasn't trying to insinuate that low T wasn't the issue, I was just trying to find out with what you associate high T with. Thanks for sharing.

LuMonty

For me, it would be the stress resistance. My concern is reading about higher T causing sleep problems (I have sleep apnea despite my size and age) and how estrogen (or high dose dhea) ameliorates the problem.

In other words, I have a decent handle on how to improve T but I'm afraid to mess with it. I know that when my sleep was good and I felt more androgenic in general, the stress resistance let a lot of other stuff follow (social, discipline etc). So that's my association with T.

Kingpinguin

Only reason I want it is because it feels good.
I know days when I wake up and everything is right inside my body. You just feel easy. Existing is easy. No pain, no bad emotions, clear mind. No burden.
Those days I also tend to do things more on the fly and I give an effort so that I feel happy/proud about it.
being tired is basically just feeling so much pain and bad emotions that doing anything constructive out of the day just feels too hard.
Even sedatives such as GABA boosters have increased my drive and motivation many many times. I’ve used benzodiasepines even though Im fully aware they are dangerous. But they make me very productive even if they are sedative because the remove all the pain and resistance you feel in life.

Runenight201

Sounds like a theme someone would set in a cathartic session at the chronic fatigue and sick support circle. Then everyone dives into their past and traumas and insecurities and at the end we all hug and have an emotional release of well-being.

I think it’s a little myopic how most men associate T with well-being, which is true, but more often than not leads too far down a reductionist rabbit hole. Too much playing with steroids or pre-cursors or t-boosting herbs and supps and what not rather than focusing on things which holistically support metabolism and energy (and accordingly hormones, digestion, respiration, and the rest of the health gamut as well).

That being said, in regards to the topic at hand, having a clear mind and a capable body free of disease and negative emotions and full of vitality is attractive to me. Being weak most of my life has sent me on the pursuit of strength: physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
For me, it would be the stress resistance. My concern is reading about higher T causing sleep problems (I have sleep apnea despite my size and age) and how estrogen (or high dose dhea) ameliorates the problem.

In other words, I have a decent handle on how to improve T but I'm afraid to mess with it. I know that when my sleep was good and I felt more androgenic in general, the stress resistance let a lot of other stuff follow (social, discipline etc). So that's my association with T.
Thanks for sharing.
This study (R) used a combination of thiamine (dose not specified) coenzyme Q (600 mg/d), vitamin E (300 mg/d), vitamin C (1 g/d), and carnitine (1 g/d) to improve sleep apnea. It must be due to better CO2 production.
This study (R) shows that the testosterone to cortisol ratio is reduced in people with sleep apnea and I saw another study that showed that the adrenals were enlarged in people with sleep apnea.

But I'm pretty sure that sleep apnea might only get worse when using supraphysiological doses of T and not when boosting it naturally.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Only reason I want it is because it feels good.
I know days when I wake up and everything is right inside my body. You just feel easy. Existing is easy. No pain, no bad emotions, clear mind. No burden.
Those days I also tend to do things more on the fly and I give an effort so that I feel happy/proud about it.
being tired is basically just feeling so much pain and bad emotions that doing anything constructive out of the day just feels too hard.
Even sedatives such as GABA boosters have increased my drive and motivation many many times. I’ve used benzodiasepines even though Im fully aware they are dangerous. But they make me very productive even if they are sedative because the remove all the pain and resistance you feel in life.
Nice, agreed. The older I get, not that I'm old, the more being happy is important to me. It doesn't matter what you have or own (although it does contribute), but how do you feel, react and behave is what brings the most happiness.
Sounds like a theme someone would set in a cathartic session at the chronic fatigue and sick support circle. Then everyone dives into their past and traumas and insecurities and at the end we all hug and have an emotional release of well-being.

I think it’s a little myopic how most men associate T with well-being, which is true, but more often than not leads too far down a reductionist rabbit hole. Too much playing with steroids or pre-cursors or t-boosting herbs and supps and what not rather than focusing on things which holistically support metabolism and energy (and accordingly hormones, digestion, respiration, and the rest of the health gamut as well).

That being said, in regards to the topic at hand, having a clear mind and a capable body free of disease and negative emotions and full of vitality is attractive to me. Being weak most of my life has sent me on the pursuit of strength: physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.
:grouphug2
I agree about not focusing excessively on T alone, because just by optimizing everything, T will go up. For instance, eating a good diet with lots of vitamins and minerals will positivity impact energy, mood and androgens. Feels is much more than testosterone alone, but that's what we associate it with a lot.

LuMonty

Thanks for sharing.
This study (R) used a combination of thiamine (dose not specified) coenzyme Q (600 mg/d), vitamin E (300 mg/d), vitamin C (1 g/d), and carnitine (1 g/d) to improve sleep apnea. It must be due to better CO2 production.
This study (R) shows that the testosterone to cortisol ratio is reduced in people with sleep apnea and I saw another study that showed that the adrenals were enlarged in people with sleep apnea.

But I'm pretty sure that sleep apnea might only get worse when using supraphysiological doses of T and not when boosting it naturally.
Thank you for these studies. I've always assumed my cortisol is very high (tests confirm; strangely, my ACTH was almost non-existent) and very few substances have worked to control it. Co2 based therapies including thiamine, allithiamine and Diamox had little effect on the sleep apnea but have helped my overall health when tried.

After reading your article Coffee: The Manliest Drink I'm convinced (also from previous experience) that going back to drinking coffee is the best thing for me right now. Do you still drink coffee?

I have a wonderful life, a wonderful sex life, and I’ve got good energy and good health. I sleep well 99.99999% of the time.

I nap when I’m tired. I just love my life. High testosterone and high energy are great for me. But I also relax a lot and enjoy leisure.

Wouldn’t want to go back to the bad old days.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I want to take this one step further. Why do you want to feel good? Why do you want to feel confident?
Maybe this is deep for a lot of people but I'd be interested to hear so thanks to all that participates.

@Risingfire why do you want a lean physique and more creativity? What will it give you in life?
@Frankdee20 why do you want more confidence, self-love, etc?
@LuMonty why do you want to be more stress resilient?
@Kingpinguin you gave a good response already :)
@Runenight201 why do you want more vitality?
After reading your article Coffee: The Manliest Drink I'm convinced (also from previous experience) that going back to drinking coffee is the best thing for me right now. Do you still drink coffee?
Yes I definitely do. I just told my wife earlier that we're such coffe-holics lol.

I'm going to release an article on sleep next week and I'll add some extra info in there on sleep apnea for you.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have a wonderful life, a wonderful sex life, and I’ve got good energy and good health. I sleep well 99.99999% of the time.

I nap when I’m tired. I just love my life. High testosterone and high energy are great for me. But I also relax a lot and enjoy leisure.

Wouldn’t want to go back to the bad old days.
That sounds fantastic, thanks for sharing.

LuMonty

@Hans I want to avoid making this my personal blog so I'll try to sum up. I had undiagnosed allergies for years (several including weird ones like strawberries) and also had parasites for ~15 years (based on their size; a few seemed to be even older, I'm 27 for reference). So being stress resilient and able to heal is very important. Preventing future damage is also important. It used to take me weeks to heal off the damage from inflammation. Luckily I have that down to a few days now.

I, too, am a proud coffeeholic lol. I'll be looking forward to that article and I appreciate that addition.

mipp

I don't. High energy, mood stable, stress-resilient, clear mind, optimistic etc. Had it all before puberty with barely detectable test levels. Can't think of one good thing testosterone did for me. Acne? Body odor? Hair loss? Why would I even want this ***t in the first place? Not to mention it will aromatize to estrogen which is even worse. If anything I'd want my sex steroids to be low, although in context of an adult that's proabably not desirable, once that damage is done.

baccheion

Masculinity.

Energy and motivation as well.

Never really thought about why I wanted it higher. Just did one day for some reason.

Also, not that serious about raising it. Just a mild preference.

Maybe it's for the model jaw and muscle aesthetics. I'm over 30 now anyway; little point.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans I want to avoid making this my personal blog so I'll try to sum up. I had undiagnosed allergies for years (several including weird ones like strawberries) and also had parasites for ~15 years (based on their size; a few seemed to be even older, I'm 27 for reference). So being stress resilient and able to heal is very important. Preventing future damage is also important. It used to take me weeks to heal off the damage from inflammation. Luckily I have that down to a few days now.

I, too, am a proud coffeeholic lol. I'll be looking forward to that article and I appreciate that addition.
So it's more in the context of physical and not so much mental?
:coffee
Masculinity.

Energy and motivation as well.

Never really thought about why I wanted it higher. Just did one day for some reason.

Also, not that serious about raising it. Just a mild preference.

Maybe it's for the model jaw and muscle aesthetics. I'm over 30 now anyway; little point.
How did/do you think you would go about improving energy and motivation. By just focusing on diet, lifestyle and maybe a few supps?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals