Looking at Psychopathy From A Different Angle

Herbie

What good is your definition of masculinity? To me it just looks like being enslaved.
Yeah the bottom of the hierarchy are slaves but it doesn't mean they have low testosterone.

I don't know, I'm not interested in masculinity, I challenge extreme views.

lilsticky

v

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 20

golder

Yeah the bottom of the hierarchy are slaves but it doesn't mean they have low testosterone.

I don't know, I'm not interested in masculinity, I challenge extreme views.
I don’t think you’re challenging extreme views. You’re saying that manual workers have higher testosterone than managerial roles. On average you’re probably right, but I don’t think you’re saying anything revolutionary.

Herbie

It’s a very fair question. The bitterness with which you look on the managers is also matched with a different bitterness upon which they look at you. No paperwork, no admin, no plastic smiles and all the crude jokes. As Hugh said, this doesn’t somehow give you more integrity just because you’re (un)willingly towards the lower end of the food chain.
What you both dont understand is that the trades person is taught ethics or integrity in formal training and the managers are mostly salesman who use unethical ways like manipulation, fear mongering, lying to sell services to meet their margins which is frustrating for people who have integrity and ethics who witness this kind of thing. Trades people are helping people and find purpose in that, if society collapsed, these people are the most important and the managers would be worthless.

Masters of trades are high status but they are not in the lime light and most people wouldn't come across them because they are hidden from society.

golder

What you both dont understand is that the trades person is taught ethics or integrity in formal training and the managers are mostly salesman who use unethical ways like manipulation, fear mongering, lying to sell services to meet their margins which is frustrating for people who have integrity and ethics who witness this kind of thing. Trades people are helping people and find purpose in that, if society collapsed, these people are the most important and the managers would be worthless.

Masters of trades are high status but they are not in the lime light and most people wouldn't come across them because they are hidden from society.
There’s far too many generalisations throughout all the posts to be able to make good ground here. I agree with parts of it but there are also parts of the jigsaw that doesn’t fit.
I’m a tradesmen so I actually have skin in this game. I have a manager who is almost the exact opposite of your description. My testosterone was 200-300ng/dL for the last 10 years. I’ve hopped on TRT recently and I’m around 900-1000ng/dL I’m progressing to be a manager because I have great respect for mine. Plenty of tradesmen I know with high testosterone also don’t take pride in their work and love to do the wrong thing when no one is looking. I know plenty of low testosterone managers that do the right thing when no one is watching.
Stereotypes give useful clues but can be misleading, but I agree with a lot of your sentiments (albeit some of them passive aggressive).

Herbie

There’s far too many generalisations throughout all the posts to be able to make good ground here. I agree with parts of it but there are also parts of the jigsaw that doesn’t fit.
I’m a tradesmen so I actually have skin in this game. I have a manager who is almost the exact opposite of your description. My testosterone was 200-300ng/dL for the last 10 years. I’ve hopped on TRT recently and I’m around 900-1000ng/dL I’m progressing to be a manager because I have great respect for mine. Plenty of tradesmen I know with high testosterone also don’t take pride in their work and love to do the wrong thing when no one is looking. I know plenty of low testosterone managers that do the right thing when no one is watching.
Stereotypes give useful clues but can be misleading, but I agree with a lot of your seiments (albeit some of them passive aggresive).
Yeah I'm talking ***t. Testosterone doesn't equal ethics or morals, there are too many variables and complexity to chalk things up to one thing. Sincerely what did I write that was persueved as passive aggressive?

Cloudhands

What good is your definition of masculinity? To me it just looks like being enslaved.
I agree with you. What way of living do you view to be the most liberating? In a world dominated by billionaire technocratic pressure, pretty much any job is enslavement. Im personally moving my career focus toward something like personal training, something where i can help people and leverage high amounts of capital for small amounts of time and energy. The hierarchical totem pole makes me sick, so as long as I keep seeking more and more freedom and i can retain meaning in life.

Regina

Jerkboy

People who live in tribes are empathic, friendly but will kill if necessary. I would not call them psychopaths eventhough they live rougher lives than most people on Earth. They are friendly, trustworthy of their ingroup, respectful, etc.

Psychopaths are often just straight up crazy (mentally ill) ************* with trauma lashing out at the world. Often have a chip on their shoulders.

Psychopaths are easy to resist if you are healthy and grounded. But they are hard to resist if you lack groundedness (masculinity - believing your own eyes, etc.)

Psychopaths need weak people around them to feel powerful and often attract weak people around them.

They often are good at talking.

Some people call black people from the hood "psychopaths" but those dudes walk around and admit to having a lot of trauma. They have high testosterone but are sad and often stuck in life. They are clearly not psychopaths.

High testosterone does not necessarily make you cold or psychopathic. Not at all. Just gives you more energy to be who you are and perhaps more competetive.

Psychopaths are just crazy *************. They are quite easy to spot.

Very slow metabolism also increases psychopathic/robotic type of behaviours. I think psychopaths are just ill people but they have found a way of living that works for them. They learn to manipulate, lie, etc. to get through life.

They are so easy to spot it is funny. Because sometimes they will play their theatre to you. But if you are not fooled you just laugh at them inside. A lot of them are SLOW.

In social media world you will function best as a psychopath/narcissist and you probably enjoy that type of reality. That is why you also see an increase in people's narcissism/psychopathic traits.

They (majority of people on social media & psychopaths) also all copy each other. There is no original bone in their bodies.

Last edited:

Cloudhands

People who live in tribes are empathic, friendly but will kill if necessary. I would not call them psychopaths eventhough they live rougher lives than most people on Earth. They are friendly, trustworthy of their ingroup, respectful, etc.

Psychopaths are often just straight up crazy (mentally ill) ************* with trauma lashing out at the world. Often have a chip on their shoulders.

Psychopaths are easy to resist if you are healthy and grounded. But they are hard to resist if you lack groundedness (masculinity - believing your own eyes, etc.)

Psychopaths need weak people around them to feel powerful and often attract weak people around them.

Some people call black people from the hood "psychopaths" but those dudes walk around and admit to having a lot of trauma. They have high testosterone but are sad and often stuck in life. They are clearly not psychopaths.

High testosterone does not necessarily make you cold or psychopathic. Not at all. Just gives you more energy to be who you are and perhaps more competetive.

Very slow metabolism also increases psychopathic/robotic type of behaviours. I think psychopaths are just ill people but they have found a way of living that works for them. They learn to manipulate, lie, etc. to get through life.

They are so easy to spot it is funny. Because sometimes they will play their theatre to you. But if you are not fooled you just laugh at them inside. A lot of them are SLOW.

In social media world you will function best as a psychopath/narcissist and you probably enjoy that type of reality. That is why you also see an increase in people's narcissism/psychopathic traits.

They (majority of people on social media & psychopaths) also all copy each other. There is no original bone in their bodies.
any tips for spotting them? I feel that despite me considering myself masculine, i still have a childish naivety and trustingness about me that i need to work on. Im overly honest and get skrewed over often.

Dr. B

Psychopathy is a genetic brain disorder; the part of the brain that feels empathy does not function. This may give them the ability to act as they do but that doesn't make them superior in any way; species blossom under cooperation.
could you describe this, how does this work? can females and males both be psychopathic? can you be psycho but also be insecure? apparently, a lot of psychopaths, the vast majority of them are actually law abiding, rule following people. it seems like the psychopathy actually helps them follow the rules more? or gives them more ability to choose? or it could be its just the legal concerns that restrict their behavior?
if you combine psychopathy with something like narcissism you have even more potential to have moral people. I think a purely psychopathic person who had no moral or religious beliefs would be going around robbing or attacking people. if you put some narcissism into it, you could have a psychopath who behaves morally because of a desire to be morally superior, religiously superior, or something like that.
an extreme example of this is a scene in the boys tv show. homelander, an extreme narcissistic version of superman, gets annoyed at a crowd of people, and thinks about lasering them all up with his heat vision. but then he starts remembering and thinking about them chanting "homelander" so he doesn't do it. basically, the guy is super powerful, and so narcissistic he actually behaves morally in many cases. he doesn't want to be hated, so he goes out of his way to usually be nice. if he was an actual psychopath he wouldn't care and may have lasered those people. but at the same time a psychopath might not be as angry and annoyed from people complaining as a narcissist would. im not sure psychopathy is genetic it might be nurture. environment based, diet based. some people say serotonin makes people more psychopathic.

Dr. B

where did you get the info on psychopaths? I think youre mixing it with narcissism. I think psychopaths might actually be very hard to determine unless you really get to know them. narcissists are the attention seekers, causing drama, wanting validation, etc. sometimes these occur together like in the dark triad as they call it. I wonder if psychopathy is associated with both slow and high metabolisms somehow. Maybe its a survival mechanism with slow metabolisms, and a luxury behavior in the higher metabolisms. the majority of psychopaths are apparently very law abiding. CEOS are like the number one career path with psychopaths. I think other ones there were judges, surgeons, cops, etc. basically a lot of careers where you're supposed to be okay with violence, dishing out punishments or deciding on them, hiring and firing people etc. if you didnt have some level of psychopathy it would be difficult to be a surgeon and cutting into people, or being a cop, or a judge, or a ceo hiring and firing people. if you were too fearful of being disliked, you might just never fire someone and cause the company trouble by keeping bad workers. I think a psycho might not care about attention and validation, that's the narcissism.

Dr. B

i think both the greatest heros and villians have high T, but the difference is usually other hormones like cortisol, serotonin etc. Like the difference between aggressive and assertive. But I think you justifying your psychopathy is pretty lame, but i doubt you care. Pretty sad when humans cannot connect and care for one another.
I think the hormonal profile is the same, I think its just the narcissism presents itself differently. batman for example has his reasons for why fighting criminals is the better thing to do, while bane or someone else feels the opposite. in some people the narcissism entitles them to do criminal behavior, in some it motivates them to behave morally and "be better". you can tell batman and daredevil enjoy fighting the bad guys, they're considered to be sociopathic despite being heroes.

Jerkboy

where did you get the info on psychopaths? I think youre mixing it with narcissism. I think psychopaths might actually be very hard to determine unless you really get to know them. narcissists are the attention seekers, causing drama, wanting validation, etc. sometimes these occur together like in the dark triad as they call it. I wonder if psychopathy is associated with both slow and high metabolisms somehow. Maybe its a survival mechanism with slow metabolisms, and a luxury behavior in the higher metabolisms. the majority of psychopaths are apparently very law abiding. CEOS are like the number one career path with psychopaths. I think other ones there were judges, surgeons, cops, etc. basically a lot of careers where you're supposed to be okay with violence, dishing out punishments or deciding on them, hiring and firing people etc. if you didnt have some level of psychopathy it would be difficult to be a surgeon and cutting into people, or being a cop, or a judge, or a ceo hiring and firing people. if you were too fearful of being disliked, you might just never fire someone and cause the company trouble by keeping bad workers. I think a psycho might not care about attention and validation, that's the narcissism.

Psychopaths tend to have narcissistic traits as well. Majority of personality disorders are mental illness and can be explained through a biochemistry lense. Not just a birth defect. That's my opinion. And sometimes this mental illness/imbalance runs deep and there are some genetic factors as well. NPD is more like a defense mechanism for traumatized individuals. The effect is the similar because both NPD and psychopaths put on an act.

We all know when we see a fake person. You just have to be connected to your gut instinct.

You can easily tell when someone is a psychopath since they are very goal oriented and attempt to use people around them to achieve the goal (if needed). Of course if the psychopath is alone and he never approaches your life then you will never know. But most psychopaths are very fake in social interactions. Bottom line is if they want something from you it is easy to spot them.

There are also people with less empathy, less feelings, emotions, etc. who are not psychopaths. Mainstream people would call those people psychopaths as well probably. Progesterone e.g. also causes lower emotions. DHT too. So people with higher hormones like that will act more rational.

That is why I think psychopathy is very low metabolism. You don't feel emotions. You don't feel anything at all. So you need extreme stimulation to feel something. You start putting up theatrics to not look like an insane person (since you don't experience anything and dont react to life at all)

Psychopaths are kinda stupid in some senses. I mean a lot of them have brain damage. That says enough. If you are smart you will sense it quickly.

Like I said most of them are SLOW. But they are good at acting and talking. If you don't have a BS radar in you, they will fool you probably.

A lot of people are just blind. So they see some basic attractive qualities by a psychopath and think he is genuine and then hop on the bandwagon. Meanwhile he takes your ***t and does not care. Then they cry on the internet.

A lot of psychopaths are losers as well because they don't have impulse control. And like I said they go for easy targets... surrounding themselves with weaker people.

This is just my experience.

Last edited:

golder

Psychopaths tend to have narcissistic traits as well. Majority of personality disorders are mental illness and can be explained through a biochemistry lense. Not just a birth defect. That's my opinion. And sometimes this mental illness/imbalance runs deep and there are some genetic factors as well. NPD is more like a defense mechanism for traumatized individuals. The effect is the similar because both NPD and psychopaths put on an act.

We all know when we see a fake person. You just have to be connected to your gut instinct.

You can easily tell when someone is a psychopath since they are very goal oriented and attempt to use people around them to achieve the goal (if needed). Of course if the psychopath is alone and he never approaches your life then you will never know. But most psychopaths are very fake in social interactions. Bottom line is if they want something from you it is easy to spot them.

There are also people with less empathy, less feelings, emotions, etc. who are not psychopaths. Mainstream people would call those people psychopaths as well probably. Progesterone e.g. also causes lower emotions. DHT too. So people with higher hormones like that will act more rational.

That is why I think psychopathy is very low metabolism. You don't feel emotions. You don't feel anything at all. So you need extreme stimulation to feel something. You start putting up theatrics to not look like an insane person (since you don't experience anything and dont react to life at all)

Psychopaths are kinda stupid in some senses. I mean a lot of them have brain damage. That says enough. If you are smart you will sense it quickly.

Like I said most of them are SLOW. But they are good at acting and talking. If you don't have a BS radar in you, they will fool you probably.

A lot of people are just blind. So they see some basic attractive qualities by a psychopath and think he is genuine and then hop on the bandwagon. Meanwhile he takes your ***t and does not care. Then they cry on the internet.

A lot of psychopaths are losers as well because they don't have impulse control. And like I said they go for easy targets... surrounding themselves with weaker people.

Sounds like you know a heck of a lot about all this. Interesting insights nonetheless.

Dr. B

what if psychopaths want attention? is that normal? in that case they could be genuine, just doing whatevr gets attention?
do you think sex workers, strippers are often psychopaths? which career paths or people do you think commonly have it? it's odd, the top 10 career paths for it include things like ceos at number 1, cops, doctors or surgeons, judges, maybe pilots. basically a lot of careers you would think would need a good metabolic rate. the trend seems to be around making rational decision making, or being tolerant to violence. a lot of those career paths involve being tolerant to or involved in directly dishing out violence like cops, dealing with violence like surgeries, dishing out violence like punishments by a judge, or making potentially life changing/mentally damaging decisions like ceos. psychopaths from my understanding are thought to behave more rationally than the average person, so that kind of thinking has value when it comes to certain careers. someone who thinks with emotion too much isnt gonna properly help a company succeed, or make th right decisions as a judge or cop or doctor or ceo etc.

Jerkboy

what if psychopaths want attention? is that normal? in that case they could be genuine, just doing whatevr gets attention?
do you think sex workers, strippers are often psychopaths? which career paths or people do you think commonly have it? it's odd, the top 10 career paths for it include things like ceos at number 1, cops, doctors or surgeons, judges, maybe pilots. basically a lot of careers you would think would need a good metabolic rate. the trend seems to be around making rational decision making, or being tolerant to violence. a lot of those career paths involve being tolerant to or involved in directly dishing out violence like cops, dealing with violence like surgeries, dishing out violence like punishments by a judge, or making potentially life changing/mentally damaging decisions like ceos. psychopaths from my understanding are thought to behave more rationally than the average person, so that kind of thinking has value when it comes to certain careers. someone who thinks with emotion too much isnt gonna properly help a company succeed, or make th right decisions as a judge or cop or doctor or ceo etc.

I don't know about that. To me psychopaths are not just "rational people". There are a lot of people in the world who are rational with a good metabolic rate and tolerant of stress. That does not make them psychopaths.

I mean people will call you a psychopath if you do not react emotionally now.

Psychopaths to me are people who have almost no capability of being human. They are robotic. Predatory. Like a very small part of being a human. Quite handy indeed in some jobs. But they are destructive to people who are unable to discern them from "healthy" humans. That is when they cause damage.

Like I said black people from hoods are sometimes called psychopaths because they shoot each other. But if you see them, a lot of them are hurting. They are capable of the range of human behaviour, thoughts, etc.

You can be a killer but not a psychopath. I think that is more common than people think. Of course to non-violent people the killer will be seen as a psychopath. But it's not necessarily true.

It is not just the psychopath's fault. The victim is also at fault. You are responsible to protect yourself from others... you can't just go along with anybody you meet.

They are kinda like entities just walking around, low impulse control, quickly bored, and they follow their goal to the end of time. Nothing wrong with that inherently as long as you put up boundaries. Some people are not capable of setting boundaries and then they get ****88 over. I think with most psychopaths you will think to yourself: "this guy is batshit crazy" because there is something clearly off.

Last edited:

Dr. B

I don't know about that. To me psychopaths are not just "rational people". There are a lot of people in the world who are rational with a good metabolic rate and tolerant of stress. That does not make them psychopaths.

I mean people will call you a psychopath if you do not react emotionally now.

Psychopaths to me are people who have almost no capability of being human. They are robotic. Predatory. Like a very small part of being a human. Quite handy indeed in some jobs. But they are destructive to people who are unable to discern them from "healthy" humans. That is when they cause damage.

Like I said black people from hoods are sometimes called psychopaths because they shoot each other. But if you see them, a lot of them are hurting. They are capable of the range of human behaviour, thoughts, etc.

You can be a killer but not a psychopath. I think that is more common than people think. Of course to non-violent people the killer will be seen as a psychopath. But it's not necessarily true.

It is not just the psychopath's fault. The victim is also at fault. You are responsible to protect yourself from others... you can't just go along with anybody you meet.

They are kinda like entities just walking around, low impulse control, quickly bored, and they follow their goal to the end of time. Nothing wrong with that inherently as long as you put up boundaries. Some people are not capable of setting boundaries and then they get ****88 over. I think with most psychopaths you will think to yourself: "this guy is batshit crazy" because there is something clearly off.
what do psychopaths act like then when you see them? like their behavior. what seems clearly off? if its low metabolic rate that causes it, shouldnt most people have it now? most people have poor metabolisms now. also, wikipedia and sites claim psychopathy is like 0.1% of the population or something crazy

TopG

psychopathy isn’t really good. It’s a result of an unsuccessful life. Happy people are compassionate