The High Testosterone Personality

Kunstruct

No normal human (with high T) being would walk around with a camera and show how they handle everyday situations; so using movie characters/actors as examples is the best I can do for everyone to get a good picture of what high T looks like.

They are jumping off buildings and shooting people, that is part of their fictional characters also. That is how high T looks like? Or we have to arbitrary choose only the parts we want to consider as applicable as high T.
:happy:

And if I dare say, a lot of the men/actors that I mentioned also have high T in real life and not just in the movies. Most of them act as themselves in the roles they play, which is also why they tend to gravitate towards such roles because they do have high T.

You really do take way from the massive teams that build them up and tell them how do things, to the T. Finally it is not even their choice what roles they playing unless they produce the films also.

First off, I could have used myself, my grandad, my uncle and a lot of other guys that I know as examples (including @ecstatichamster), :) but you wouldn't have the faintest idea who they are and how they behave and carry themselves throughout their everyday life.
And a movie gives me a true idea how someone is in real life, like they would not be actors and the higher the skill the better they can fake something and be unaffected by anything they do.
I still do not know how Matt Damon is in his life. Jason Bourne tells me one thing, The Martian tell me a completely different story.
Actually the other day I was praising The Bourne Identity as a good movie in my opinion with this sort of subject matter regarding spies.

cyclops

My index finger is longer (or at least higher) than my ring finger! That means I have low prenatal test as a man for sure? What do I do now?

But I also notice my ring finger starts significantly lower on my hand (weird hands - I don't think this is typical), so although my index finger appears longer, I think my ring finger may actually be longer if I measure both from the base. Which one matters more?

Also ring/index are almost even on my left hand (but index still ever so slightly higher), which certainly means my ring is actually longer on the left. On the right hand my index "appears" quit a bit higher.

Also I sometimes get comments about how big my hands are in general; dont know if that means anything.

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
My index finger is longer (or at least higher) than my ring finger! That means I have low prenatal test as a man for sure? What do I do now?

But I also notice my ring finger starts significantly lower on my hand (weird hands - I don't think this is typical), so although my index finger appears longer, I think my ring finger may actually be longer if I measure both from the base. Which one matters more?

Also ring/index are almost even on my left hand (but index still ever so slightly higher), which certainly means my ring is actually longer on the left. On the right hand my index "appears" quit a bit higher.

Also I sometimes get comments about how big my hands are in general; dont know if that means anything.
Well, research shows that elevated prenatal testosterone is associated with increased 4D:2D ratio, but that ratio is not an indication of your current androgens. I'm not sure if the research takes into consideration the total length of each finger, but rather how they compare to each other on your hand.

I think the most important times for growth and physical and mental development (under the influence of testosterone) is prenatal, the first 3 years after birth and during puberty.

For instance men with high testosterone, DHT, GH and IGF-1 during puberty are more likely to have broad shoulders, a deep voice, a good beard, etc. Optimizing your hormones after that could have a slight effect but not nearly as dramatic. But this is also determined by genetics to a degree.

Big hands could be due to elevated GH and IGF-1 during puberty and long slender fingers are usually due to elevated histamine.

So in summary, you won't be able to change your ratio anymore, but even if you have a "bad" ratio doesn't mean you have low T now; on the contrary your T could be sky high, but it won't change you physically (at least in a short period of time. I still think change can occur slowly.).

T

TheBeard

That's funny, I'm curious to know how you think your answers about the male actors you like helped me write this article?
I wrote this article before I created the actor thread and the actors I added in my article, as examples, were still the actors I said I personally like and find to have high T attributes. So none of my examples were based on anyone else's answers or opinions on the thread. The thread was created out of pure curiosity but it quickly went south.:smile:

I guess you are not including yourself in the "high testosterone personality" group, as one of the characteristics of that group is a sense of humour derived from the relaxed state of high testosterone levels.
You seem tensed and stuck up

reality

Glad you enjoyed it. It would be nice if everyone could share to help get the word out on this. Here is the facebook post for the article: MenElite

@milk_lover Some people do get the opposite effect from glycine/gelatin and it's been speculated that that's because glycine allows chloride to exit the cell, which excites them, instead of allowing chloride to enter the cell and relax them like it's supposed to do. Chris Masterjohn also explains it nicely here:

Glycine is mainly inhibitory by binding to the glycine receptors, but it can also be excitatory by activating the NMDA receptor. If you already have too much glutamate as opposed to GABA, you will have an overabundance of glutamate release when taking glycine.

From this study (R):
"These results suggest that the NMDA receptor present on GABAergic neurons is involved in the stimulatory regulation of GABA release. The release of GABA was increased concentration-dependently by NAN-190, a 5-HT1A receptor antagonist, but was not affected by 8-OH-DPAT, a 5-HT1A receptor agonist."
So although the NMDA receptor increases GABA release, it also increases glutamate and serotonin release, which would have a negative effect if GABA remains low or the ratio is just low. So maybe you have either low GABA or NMDA hyperstimulation.

For the tryptophan dysregulation, I was mainly referring to the kynurenine pathway which creates an abundance of kynurenic acid or quinolinic acid, which is inhibitory and excitatory, respectively. Quinolinic acid is also an NMDA agonist. Inflammation tends to upregulate this pathway.

In regards to dynorphins, it's a neuropeptide which activates kappa opioid receptors.
"Although KOR signaling during acute stress may increase physical ability (by producing analgesia) and motivation to escape a threat (by producing aversion), prolonged KOR signaling in response to chronic or uncontrollable stress can lead to persistent expression of behavioral signs that are characteristic of human depressive disorders (i.e., “prodepressive-like” signs). Accumulating evidence suggests that KORs contribute to the progressive amplification (sensitization) of stress-induced behaviors that occurs with repeated exposure to stress. Many of the aversive effects of stress are blocked by KOR antagonists, suggesting that these agents may have potential as therapeutics for stress-related conditions such as depression and anxiety disorders." (R)
The thing with stress is that it chronically upregulates stress pathways even after the stress has passed, which might then take quite some time to reverse. It could just be that you have NMDA hyperresponsiveness, so some electrolyte deficiency (to balance chloride in the cell), or have a vitamin or mineral deficiency that lowers energy production (energy is needed to pump the chloride out of the cell). @Terma also knows a lot about this so maybe he can chime in as well. :)

this is all interesting. Thanks man. What else can we do to help fix this dysregulation from chronic stress?

cyclops

Well, research shows that elevated prenatal testosterone is associated with increased 4D:2D ratio, but that ratio is not an indication of your current androgens. I'm not sure if the research takes into consideration the total length of each finger, but rather how they compare to each other on your hand.

I think the most important times for growth and physical and mental development (under the influence of testosterone) is prenatal, the first 3 years after birth and during puberty.

For instance men with high testosterone, DHT, GH and IGF-1 during puberty are more likely to have broad shoulders, a deep voice, a good beard, etc. Optimizing your hormones after that could have a slight effect but not nearly as dramatic. But this is also determined by genetics to a degree.

Big hands could be due to elevated GH and IGF-1 during puberty and long slender fingers are usually due to elevated histamine.

So in summary, you won't be able to change your ratio anymore, but even if you have a "bad" ratio doesn't mean you have low T now; on the contrary your T could be sky high, but it won't change you physically (at least in a short period of time. I still think change can occur slowly.).

Also do you know what causes low prenatal testosterone? Is it genetics or the mothers diet or how much stress she was under during pregnancy? Im sure its a whole multitude of factors, but I'm wondering what the biggest and most common reasons usually are.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
this is all interesting. Thanks man. What else can we do to help fix this dysregulation from chronic stress?
Just to try to eliminate stress as much as possible.
Do relaxing, creative and exploratory things to increase dopamine and get out of a high serotonin rigid mindset.

Sometimes supplements might be needed such as serotonin, opioid and cortisol antagonists to break the cycle, but just breaking the stress cycle is most important.

Becoming more stress resilient is important and perspective has a lot to do with this.

Identify stress triggers and then try to avoid them are see if you could change your perspective on them.
If you can't avoid stress or avoid the triggers, try an adaptogenic substance. Tribulus works great for me for staying calm in situations I might start to feel irritated or perhaps uncomfortable.
But for supplements to work, my diet needs to be in tune.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Also do you know what causes low prenatal testosterone? Is it genetics or the mothers diet or how much stress she was under during pregnancy? Im sure its a whole multitude of factors, but I'm wondering what the biggest and most common reasons usually are.
Yes, it's mostly stress and diet.
If the mother doesn't get enough calories and nutrients in then the baby's health suffers and as a result overall hormones are low.
Stress for the mother (physically,emotionally and mentally) is terrible for the baby as it predisposes the baby to be more susceptible and responsive to stress later on in life. However, I still strongly believe that the hyper-responsiveness can be undone by optimising thyroid and youth hormones and keeping them high.

cyclops

Yes, it's mostly stress and diet.
If the mother doesn't get enough calories and nutrients in then the baby's health suffers and as a result overall hormones are low.
Stress for the mother (physically,emotionally and mentally) is terrible for the baby as it predisposes the baby to be more susceptible and responsive to stress later on in life. However, I still strongly believe that the hyper-responsiveness can be undone by optimising thyroid and youth hormones and keeping them high.

Hmm thats odd in my situation because I suspect (don't really know for sure) that my mother was way above average in health. Both my parents actually. They were pretty young when they had me too - both early 20s. Both seem to be in great health, never had any issues, and always looked great. Father is super masculine, mother is super feminine (like I bet from appearance they both have ideal testosterone/progesterone ratios for a man/woman). Odd that I would have low prenatal test...maybe I didn't and its not the appearance of the fingers but the actual length. Any other way to know?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hmm thats odd in my situation because I suspect (don't really know for sure) that my mother was way above average in health. Both my parents actually. They were pretty young when they had me too - both early 20s. Both seem to be in great health, never had any issues, and always looked great. Father is super masculine, mother is super feminine (like I bet from appearance they both have ideal testosterone/progesterone ratios for a man/woman). Odd that I would have low prenatal test...maybe I didn't and its not the appearance of the fingers but the actual length. Any other way to know?
Human 2D (index) and 4D (ring) finger lengths and ratios: cross-sectional data on linear growth patterns, sexual dimorphism and lateral asymmetry from 4 to 60 years of age
"Low 2D:4D ratios appear to be associated with high levels of fetal testosterone relative to oestradiol, and high ratios with relatively high levels of fetal oestradiol (Lutchmaya et al. 2004). The inverse sensitivity to testosterone is indicated by variation in composition of the androgen receptor gene (Manning et al. 2002, 2003). Moreover, maternal smoking during pregnancy is linked to high fetal testosterone and is associated with low 2D:4D ratios in the right hands of male offspring "​

Maybe elevated estrogen?

cyclops

uman 2D (index) and 4D (ring) finger lengths and ratios: cross-sectional data on linear growth patterns, sexual dimorphism and lateral asymmetry from 4 to 60 years of age
"Low 2D:4D ratios appear to be associated with high levels of fetal testosterone relative to oestradiol, and high ratios with relatively high levels of fetal oestradiol (Lutchmaya et al. 2004). The inverse sensitivity to testosterone is indicated by variation in composition of the androgen receptor gene (Manning et al. 2002, 2003). Moreover, maternal smoking during pregnancy is linked to high fetal testosterone and is associated with low 2D:4D ratios in the right hands of male offspring "
Maybe elevated estrogen?

Yeah but a person could have elevated estrogen for many reasons, was curious if I had low prenatal test and it seems the finger thing is the main indicator. I shoulda told my mom to smoke while she was pregnant with me, so I could get those test gains in the womb lol

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yeah but a person could have elevated estrogen for many reasons, was curious if I had low prenatal test and it seems the finger thing is the main indicator. I shoulda told my mom to smoke while she was pregnant with me, so I could get those test gains in the womb lol
Lol. Well high E doesn't necessarily offset the benefit of high T, so if your mom had high T with high E you should still have benefitted from it.

Jing

So what do you recommend for a woman to do if she is pregnant? Also what are important things to do for a kid in the first three years and while going through puberty?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
So what do you recommend for a woman to do if she is pregnant? Also what are important things to do for a kid in the first three years and while going through puberty?
Well I'm not the expert on women and pregnancy (that's more my wife's line of work) but the basic important things, that I know she would also recommend, would be to keep stress low, eat enough calories, eat nutritious food (especially carbs like fruit), stay away from gut irritating foods, be active in a constructive but non-stressful way, get enough good quality sleep, avoid chemicals and endocrine disruptors, get sunlight etc.

Little kids should just be little kids. At that young age it's just important for the parents to create a healthy and creative environment for them but is best to keep phones and computers away from them. At infant age the mother's diet is still very important as well as other food that they are given.

During puberty I'd say to eat a lot. Lots of protein, carbs, saturated fat and cholesterol. Be outside (instead of being on the computer all day), be active, get sunlight, lift weights, sleep enough, be adventurous and creative, hang around people that will improve you and so on. Proper education (in the sense of how life and business work) from a young age is also very beneficial to help kids start to think big and be able to become independent sooner, which is also very beneficial for their androgens and well-being.
Hope that helps to answer your questions.

Jing

Well I'm not the expert on women and pregnancy (that's more my wife's line of work) but the basic important things, that I know she would also recommend, would be to keep stress low, eat enough calories, eat nutritious food (especially carbs like fruit), stay away from gut irritating foods, be active in a constructive but non-stressful way, get enough good quality sleep, avoid chemicals and endocrine disruptors, get sunlight etc.

Little kids should just be little kids. At that young age it's just important for the parents to create a healthy and creative environment for them but is best to keep phones and computers away from them. At infant age the mother's diet is still very important as well as other food that they are given.

During puberty I'd say to eat a lot. Lots of protein, carbs, saturated fat and cholesterol. Be outside (instead of being on the computer all day), be active, get sunlight, lift weights, sleep enough, be adventurous and creative, hang around people that will improve you and so on. Proper education (in the sense of how life and business work) from a young age is also very beneficial to help kids start to think big and be able to become independent sooner, which is also very beneficial for their androgens and well-being.
Hope that helps to answer your questions.
Cheers mate

JoshuaD

Hi all,

A while ago I created the high serotonin personality article and because so many of you enjoyed it I thought I'd follow that up with a high testosterone personality article.

This article discusses the effects testosterone has on a man and how the effects of testosterone are influenced by other factors such as estrogen, cortisol and serotonin.

Here is the link to my article: The High Testosterone Personality: What are the traits of high testosterone?

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think.

Great article. And love all the other articles too. Well written/researched.

David90

Great Article, Hans

I can say +1 to the 2D:4D Ratio. My Ring Finger is also longer then my Index Finger.

Also Endocrine Disruptors and Chemicals are a big thing. Before my ''High T Journey'', i was constantly exposed to Endocrine Disruptors and Chemicals. As i slowly switched the Articles out or got less exposed to certain Chemicals, it has gotten better and better. I think i have gotten sometimes too high Estrogen due to the Exposure. Especially Benzophenone-4, Parabens, BPA and Phatalates are the Worst Disruptors in this Department.

For Fruits and Vegetables i would use the ''Dirty Dozen'' and ''Clean Fifteen'' Lists that gets updated Yearly on the Internet. Then you have a good look, on which Fruits / Vegetables to Avoid (because of Pesticides) and are better buyed Organically. And which are safe to buy Conventionally. This made also a Good Change.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals