The High Testosterone Personality

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi all,

A while ago I created the high serotonin personality article and because so many of you enjoyed it I thought I'd follow that up with a high testosterone personality article.

This article discusses the effects testosterone has on a man and how the effects of testosterone are influenced by other factors such as estrogen, cortisol and serotonin.

Here is the link to my article: The High Testosterone Personality: What are the traits of high testosterone?

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think.

If you liked this article and learned something new, please share this facebook post (MenElite) or share the article on any other social media, it really helps to get the word out.

Last edited:

Aymen

nice job hans, i,m still waiting for the high dopamine personality and maybe prolactin.

homyak

Very helpful article.

The idea of having a defined set of archetypal characters would be a good tool to put context to our health; defining multiple archetypal characters (testosterone, serotonin, estrogen, cortisol) would be helpful in determining our current state and guide us to more optimal states.

Jing

Can you change and get these traits? Or is it determined from birth or when growing up?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Can you change and get these traits? Or is it determined from birth or when growing up?
Prenatal testosterone also plays a role. What is you 2D:4D ratio? Have you gone through trauma early in life?

A lot of factor can influence your behaviour/personality like I mentioned in the beginning of the article. Factors that play a big role are other hormones and neurotransmitter, and not only their levels, but your sensitivity to them as well as the regulation thereof.

So for instance if T is not giving you the desired feelings, maybe you should focus on other hormones that might interfere with the effect, such as cortisol, GABA and serotonin. Serotonin and tryptophan metabolism is probably the most complex.

Jing

Prenatal testosterone also plays a role. What is you 2D:4D ratio? Have you gone through trauma early in life?

A lot of factor can influence your behaviour/personality like I mentioned in the beginning of the article. Factors that play a big role are other hormones and neurotransmitter, and not only their levels, but your sensitivity to them as well as the regulation thereof.

So for instance if T is not giving you the desired feelings, maybe you should focus on other hormones that might interfere with the effect, such as cortisol, GABA and serotonin. Serotonin and tryptophan metabolism is probably the most complex.
I don't know my ratios, yes I have had trauma at a young age..

I feel I could have high serotonin but I don't know how to lower it .

boris

Great one :thumbup:.

I sense you are a student of Ramit :lol:? Love the guy.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I don't know my ratios, yes I have had trauma at a young age..

I feel I could have high serotonin but I don't know how to lower it .
The ratio is based on your ring and pointing finger. Is your ring finger longer than your pointing finger? If you ring finger is longer than your pointing finger, it usually indicates high prenatal testosterone

Trauma could increase cortisol and serotonin sensitivity and hyper-responsiveness.

Have you tried cypro? It doesn't necessarily have to be high serotonin, but it could also be tryptophan dysregulation (kynurenine pathway) and elevated dynorphins or NMDA hypoactivation. Do glycine or magnesium make your symptoms worse?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great one :thumbup:.

I sense you are a student of Ramit :lol:? Love the guy.
Thanks man.
I know of Ramit but I have not done any of his courses. They look real good though.
I'm curious, why do you think I'm a student of him?

Jing

The ratio is based on your ring and pointing finger. Is your ring finger longer than your pointing finger? If you ring finger is longer than your pointing finger, it usually indicates high prenatal testosterone

Trauma could increase cortisol and serotonin sensitivity and hyper-responsiveness.

Have you tried cypro? It doesn't necessarily have to be high serotonin, but it could also be tryptophan dysregulation (kynurenine pathway) and elevated dynorphins or NMDA hypoactivation. Do glycine or magnesium make your symptoms worse?
My index fingers are shorter than my ring fingers.

Yes I've tried cypro, I don't really notice many good effects apart from better sleep and appetite but it causes libido and erection problems.

Glycine I don't really feel anything maybe abit better sleep I've tried up to 30 grams at once . Im pretty sure it lowers my libido too.
Magnesium I don't really notice much from.

Terma

I like that article on serotonin you linked, great way to describe it: Sci-Hub | Serotonin and decision making processes. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 36(1), 218–236 | 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2011.06.001
5-HT is a phylogenetically ancient molecule that plays a central role in neurotransmission and is involved in a myriad of survival-related central processes. Its role in evolution could well be related to phenotypic plasticity, the differential expression of alternative phenotypes from a single biological condition depending upon external or internal stimuli (Anstey et al., 2009). Vigilance plays a central role in this phenomenon. A vigilance system analyzes information from our senses combined with past learning and memory and thereby determines threat, or changes in general, as quickly as possible. This requires filtering through all the incoming stimuli from the internal/external environment while simultaneously choosing to focus on only those stimuli that, for now, best serve survival. This often involves switching from one activity to another, as circumstances change. Because 5-HT is implicated in reactivity to both sensory and emotional responses (Spoont, 1992), I hypothesize that 5-HT integrates expected, or changes in, relevant sensory and emotional internal/external information, leading to ‘vigilance behaviour’. This conceptualization of 5-HT may explain the overall positive relationship between 5-HT and reversal learning, attentional set shifting, waiting, and response inhibition (Fig. 1).

Jing

I've tried phenibut a few times and it made me feel more social as I called my mates up asking to go out somewhere ended up going to a cafe this is not like me at all I don't make plans with people . But it only did that one time.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
My index fingers are shorter than my ring fingers.

Yes I've tried cypro, I don't really notice many good effects apart from better sleep and appetite but it causes libido and erection problems.

Glycine I don't really feel anything maybe abit better sleep I've tried up to 30 grams at once . Im pretty sure it lowers my libido too.
Magnesium I don't really notice much from.
Maybe you have reduced histamine? Have you tried histidine before?

It could also just be a mitochondrial defect that requires things like allithiamine, CoQ10, K2, methylene blue and vit E. Have those helped you before?

Aymen

@Jing prenatal testosterone plays a big role in determining some of the signs of high testosterone, you can't expect to have a bigger noise or longer ring to index ratio in this age, but you can change some things like behaviour and personality and maybe voice:
"The digit ratio - the difference in length between the second and fourth fingers - is an indication of the amount of testosterone the man was exposed to as a fetus within in his mother's womb, earlier research has shown. A longer ring finger indicates greater exposure to the male hormone."

Jing

Maybe you have reduced histamine? Have you tried histidine before?

It could also just be a mitochondrial defect that requires things like allithiamine, CoQ10, K2, methylene blue and vit E. Have those helped you before?
Yes Ive tried histidine never noticed anything apart from I had more dreams but this stopped happening.

I've never tried allthiamine,coq10,methylene blue, or vitamin e on its own but have used it in estroban . Never noticed nothing from estroban but can't say I wouldn't notice anything from vitamin e on its own , I might have to try it soon what type of vitamin e would you recommend?? I've tried thiamine with no effects up to 700mg a day , is allthiamine better? K2 I've tried Mk7 and MK4 can't say I've noticed anything really I have taken MK4 and sometimes had increased libido but I can't say it's from the K2 tbh.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals