Elephanto

have you used a Zinc Supplement before ?
which one is the safest ?
as i don't eat beef or lamb or oysters frequently , i want to buy a zinc supplement , maybe using a capsule of 15 mg twice a week .
Zinc Picolinate is the most effective one. In a study, Sulfate and Citrate didn't affect serum and hair Zinc levels at 50mg elemental dose. In a different one, Picolinic Acid significantly increases Zinc absorption and P-5-P is another substance that increases Picolinic Acid concentrations in the body. To resplenish I think it's worth trying higher doses (100mg) for a few days especially if you have signs of low Zinc (nails are a good indicator), which imo is safe as absorption rate also decreases with higher doses. I say this because in the study comparing forms, even at 50mg Elemental, Picolinate barely affected serum levels but did increase hair levels; it could have been explained by wheat/phytic acid in the diet and intestinal permeability decreasing its absorption.

And yes I have used it, at first between 50-100mg and it gave me dopaminergic and especially anti-cortisol effects that is among the most potent ones I have felt, probably because I was correcting a deficiency as this effect is less noticeable now and accordingly I have stopped using such high doses but rather get it from food.

Last edited:
There’s indeed little things that are more pleasuring than a steak. I can’t quite understand vegans just because of that. Zinc is just another supplement they have to pop to make up for a subpar way of living

Aymen

Zinc Picolinate is the most effective one. In a study, Sulfate and Citrate didn't affect serum and hair Zinc levels at 50mg elemental dose. In a different one, Picolinic Acid significantly increases Zinc absorption and P-5-P is another substance that increases Picolinic Acid concentrations in the body. To resplenish I think it's worth trying higher doses (100mg) for a few days especially if you have signs of low Zinc (nails are a good indicator), which imo is safe as absorption rate also decreases with higher doses. I say this because in the study comparing forms, even at 50mg Elemental, Picolinate barely affected serum levels but did increase hair levels; it could have been explained by wheat/phytic acid in the diet and intestinal permeability decreasing its absorption.

And yes I have used it, at first between 50-100mg and it gave me dopaminergic and especially anti-cortisol effects that is among the most potent ones I have felt, probably because I was correcting a deficiency as this effect is less noticeable now and accordingly I have stopped using such high doses but rather get it from food.
thanks , i,m going to the pharmacy and looks for it , but if i don't find it , is it ok to take Citrate or Sulfate or gluconate ?
nice results for you .

Elephanto

thanks , i,m going to the pharmacy and looks for it , but if i don't find it , is it ok to take Citrate or Sulfate or gluconate ?
nice results for you .
Well based on that study where they didn't affect Zinc levels, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you add P-5-P which also increases Picolinic Acid then maybe the combo would be enough. Don't think I have ever seen the Picolinate form in stores but it's not expensive online (iherb.com for instance, Now Foods is a good brand)

Aymen

Well based on that study where they didn't affect Zinc levels, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you add P-5-P which also increases Picolinic Acid then maybe the combo would be enough. Don't think I have ever seen the Picolinate form in stores but it's not expensive online (iherb.com for instance, Now Foods is a good brand)
i will not risk so yes i will only look for Zinc Picolinate , shipping will making the product more expensive so that's why i will look at it first in the store or pharmacy maybe they sell it but i don't think they have Picolinate.
Thanks for the website , now i found a good one Solgar, Zinc Picolinate, 100 Tablets

Elephanto

i will not risk so yes i will only look for Zinc Picolinate , shipping will making the product more expensive so that's why i will look at it first in the store or pharmacy maybe they sell it but i don't think they have Picolinate.
Thanks for the website , now i found a good one Solgar, Zinc Picolinate, 100 Tablets
The Now Foods one has less additives and more Zinc per capsule (so reducing the intake of additives).
Now Foods, Zinc Picolinate, 50 mg, 120 Veg Capsules

Hey,

is 30 minutes a day cardio okay?

I need the stamina because I plan to professionally compete in sports soon (not running).

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey,

is 30 minutes a day cardio okay?

I need the stamina because I plan to professionally compete in sports soon (not running).
HIIT will be better as it builds muscle, improves mitochondrial function and gives all the benefits of endurance exercise in a much shorter periods of time. Plus you only have to do it twice a week or so.

HIIT will be better as it builds muscle, improves mitochondrial function and gives all the benefits of endurance exercise in a much shorter periods of time. Plus you only have to do it twice a week or so.

You got a good workout I can integrate?

I do Advanced Calisthenics at the moment.

Hans

Forum Supporter
You got a good workout I can integrate?

I do Advanced Calisthenics at the moment.
What sport do you plan on competing in?
Well, you can start short depending on your level of current fitness. Wingate is effective, which is 30 sec full out sprints on the stationary bike against high resistance with 4 min active rest between sets for about 4-6 cycles, but that is pretty intense. I like shorter uphill sprints more. About 6-10 40 yard sprints. Walk back and go for the next one. Try to do only nose breathing. As your fitness level improves you'll be able to rest shorter.
Do that about twice a week, and no more than three times a week. It all depends on your nutrition and supplementation how much volume you can do and recover from.

What sport do you plan on competing in?
Well, you can start short depending on your level of current fitness. Wingate is effective, which is 30 sec full out sprints on the stationary bike against high resistance with 4 min active rest between sets for about 4-6 cycles, but that is pretty intense. I like shorter uphill sprints more. About 6-10 40 yard sprints. Walk back and go for the next one. Try to do only nose breathing. As your fitness level improves you'll be able to rest shorter.
Do that about twice a week, and no more than three times a week. It all depends on your nutrition and supplementation how much volume you can do and recover from.

For now Wrestling then MMA.

And I only breathe through my nose. Even when I do a marathon or dive in the ocean.

What do you advice me at these circumstances?

Hans

Forum Supporter
For now Wrestling then MMA.

And I only breathe through my nose. Even when I do a marathon or dive in the ocean.
So you do marathon running, but want to do cardio 30 min a day for fitness and also wrestling? Sorry I just want to get a more clear picture here.

So you do marathon running, but want to do cardio 30 min a day for fitness and also wrestling? Sorry I just want to get a more clear picture here.

Hey, sorry for being not clear.

I don't run marathons because I believe excessive running (chronic cortisol increase etc.) is harmful for the body. I just wanted to give an example that I would always use my nose to breathe, no matter what.

I broke my college record in running (8 km in 28 min) without prior cardio training ever and I breathed only with my nose throughout it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey, sorry for being not clear.

I don't run marathons because I believe excessive running (chronic cortisol increase etc.) is harmful for the body. I just wanted to give an example that I would always use my nose to breathe, no matter what.

I broke my college record in running (8 km in 28 min) without prior cardio training ever and I breathed only with my nose throughout it.
Ok, no problem. Well if you are already fit I wouldn't worry too much about cardio. You can start with two HIIT sessions per week and just increase the volume if needed. You'll be doing lots of other conditioning work with wrestling/MMA which will also tax the aerobic system.

Ok, no problem. Well if you are already fit I wouldn't worry too much about cardio. You can start with two HIIT sessions per week and just increase the volume if needed. You'll be doing lots of other conditioning work with wrestling/MMA which will also tax the aerobic system.

Thanks.

Is it fine if I do only sprints?