Supplements For Belly Fat

TradClare

The only time I ever had belly fat was when I went to college and lived on bagels, carrots, and froyo. I was always hungry, always eating something, and couldn't understand why I wasn't super lean for the first time in my life. I went to see the nutritionist and she suggested eating normal food according to hunger and fullness. So waiting for a good stomach growl, choosing a good meal or whatever sounded really delicious, eating to satisfaction, and then no food or caloric beverages between hungers. Sounds like common sense but none of us had any haha. For me this usually meant 2 or 3 meals and I quickly lost the 15 pounds and they haven't returned yet. As I've gotten older though, I notice my hungers are satisfied with less food. My husband is also lean and well built and I notice he eats half of what he did when we were 25, not on purpose, he just eats inuitively ( we are 40s and don't really exercise on purpose) Ask yourself if you are controlling your intake or denying yourself what you really want to eat. Or maybe eating by the clock or calories or plate size instead of your own internal wisdom.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Consider yourself lucky man... I weigh way more and I am shorter than you...

What I am trying now is <10 gram fat a day most days, but high carb, a lot of carbs from starches (better satiation than sugar for me. You may wish to opt for higher sugar if you struggle to eat enough calories). I need more time on it to form proper conclusions but I will say this so far

- More energy on average (no more randle cycle screwing me over lol)
- A little more libido
- Weight has definitely stopped going UP so that's good.

I am often eating 4,000 calorie a day too. I second the comments on not actively forcing a calorie deficit. And 2,000 calories is WAY TOO LOW for someone your height. It's not impossible that you should be eating 4,500-5,000 a day with that height (I'm 6'0" and maintaining on 4,000+).

These are good advice too.

Yeah, that is what I am saying. I barely get 2,000 calories sometimes, because I eat unprocessed food. However, some days I do drink, and that seems to contribute to the belly. Mostly spirits, and wine, rarely beer.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I should say that sitting behind a desk all day at work does not help matters.

Cirion

I should say that sitting behind a desk all day at work does not help matters.

Lol I know the pain. One thing that helps is take at least 1-2 walk breaks out side in the sun if your job allows you to get away from the desk sometimes.

I think it would help a lot if they used incandescent lighting and not the awful flourescant crap =/

LiveWire

Lift heavy weights but never to failure

Eat according to the circadian rhythm (no food after sundown, carbs in AM, fats in PM)

Interesting.

Why not to failure? To failure is how I work out, you sometimes hear the last few failure reps being the most important for hyperthropy.

Wouldn’t not eating after sundown practicaly verge on intermittent fasting? Especially in winter? With all the cortisol and other stress issues that come with it? Doesn’t Peat encourage proteins and sugars at night?

olive

Interesting.

Why not to failure? To failure is how I work out, you sometimes hear the last few failure reps being the most important for hyperthropy.

Wouldn’t not eating after sundown practicaly verge on intermittent fasting? Especially in winter? With all the cortisol and other stress issues that come with it? Doesn’t Peat encourage proteins and sugars at night?
Complicated topics.

Training to failure increases risk of injury. It also increases cortisol, which is catabolic. Training to failure does not cause more muscle gain, progressive overload does. But many get the two confused because training to failure causes temporary edema, inflammation and swelling that people perceive as real muscle growth. Muscle CSA studies show more real muscle growth with lower reps, ~5.
People doing low reps will see less relative gains to their identical twin doing the same weight for high reps to failure, however the former will gain more muscle protein than the latter whose ‘muscle gain’ can mostly be attributed to glycogen content and edema.

I disagree with Ray, I think periods of fasting are important to allow the body to rest, for autophagy to do its thing and to prevent insulin resistance.

B

Braveheart

Complicated topics.

Training to failure increases risk of injury. It also increases cortisol, which is catabolic. Training to failure does not cause more muscle gain, progressive overload does. But many get the two confused because training to failure causes temporary edema, inflammation and swelling that people perceive as real muscle growth. Muscle CSA studies show more real muscle growth with lower reps, ~5.
People doing low reps will see less relative gains to their identical twin doing the same weight for high reps to failure, however the former will gain more muscle protein than the latter whose ‘muscle gain’ can mostly be attributed to glycogen content and edema.

I disagree with Ray, I think periods of fasting are important to allow the body to rest, for autophagy to do its thing and to prevent insulin resistance.
"I disagree with Ray, I think periods of fasting are important to allow the body to rest, for autophagy to do its thing and to prevent insulin resistance."
:thumbsup:

ntking51

topical in low doses (combined mit preg/prog/andro) is the way to go with dhea. 25mg orally will raise estrogen very, very quickly - its being recommended on bodybuilding forums for guys who have taken too many AIs

on topic: calorie deficit, no way around it. T3 will get you lean quickly

where can you buy t3?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals