Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Supplements For Belly Fat

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Frankdee20, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    I am 6’3” 39 years old and about 230 pounds, not really obese, but not ideal BMI either. I carry the fat mostly in my belly, and some boob. Alcohol doesn’t help I am sure, gives a rather bloated look. Is Vitamin D and A helpful for this ? Can Aspirin also help lower belly fat ? What works besides starvation diets ? I’ve always been lean but as I get older, I get fatter.

2. olive

olive Member

Lift heavy weights but never to failure

Go on walks in nature

Sleep 8+ hours - ensure you sleep with your mouth closed and don’t snore, if you do look into getting a sleep study done and possibly a CPAP

Avoid eating meals with a mix of high carb and high fat (ala randle cycle)

Eat according to the circadian rhythm (no food after sundown, carbs in AM, fats in PM)

Ensure sufficient intake of important micronutrients; vitamin b1, b2, d, choline, etc needed for healthy fuel partitioning/metabolism
    Track via cronometer app

3. baccheion

baccheion Member

Normalize insulin and cortisol. DHEA (+ pregnenolone) tends to help in that regard. Also, cut calories (300-500 less) and start intermittent fasting.

4. olive

olive Member

Good advice. What dose and route of administration do you recommend for DHEA?

5. baccheion

baccheion Member

It's typically mentioned at 100 mg orally, but that can be problematic for some. Maybe 25 mg orally will also work. This forum (and other sites) are biased toward topical administration (5 mg up to 3x/day), which may be a better approach.

6. Andman

Andman Member

topical in low doses (combined mit preg/prog/andro) is the way to go with dhea. 25mg orally will raise estrogen very, very quickly - its being recommended on bodybuilding forums for guys who have taken too many AIs

on topic: calorie deficit, no way around it. T3 will get you lean quickly

7. Andman

Andman Member

edit: double post

8. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

sounds very similar to my situation.
    try a teaspoon of raw cold pressed coconut oil every morning on an empty stomach before breakfast. and then also one before bed. your stomach will slowly get flatter and slowly the weight will come off

it's very good for gut and digestive health. and reduces gut leakiness

9. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

Vitamin A Is A Powerful Anti-obesity Agent By Lowering Cortisol
    Vitamin D Is Dopaminergic And Decreases Obesity And Addiction Behaviors

10. jaywills

jaywills Member

Calorie deficit, no supplements needed. Timed refeeds to keep metabolism resilient.
    If it was as simple as supplements obesity wouldnt be a thing.

11. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

Sorry, but this is a crock. No doubt that you can lose overall WEIGHT with a calorie deficit. But is has never been proven that it is the only thing that can reduce "belly fat." I'm not convinced visceral fat is even "fat" for the most part, but largely driven by edema and inflammation. Just like restricting calories would be an incomplete strategy to reduce the swelling of a sprained ankle (if effective at all), so it would be if visceral fat is due to swelling and/or injury to the GI tract, Mesentary, and Liver.

12. OP
    Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    I doubt I even get 2,000 calories a day though. LOL.

13. OP
    Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Started Retinol Palmitate (Dry Vitamin A) yesterday, at 5,000 IU. Feeling great, more androgenic tone. I take 5,000 D3, and Super K as well (my D level was 26 last month).

14. TeaRex14

TeaRex14 Member

This could be part of the issue. You could be eating so few calories your metabolic rate has down regulated to adjust for this. Try finding out what your average BMR is. There's several BMR calculators on the internet, they're not 100% accurate of course but they can give you a good ballpark figure. Just put in your age, height, and weight (or the weight a man your size should be). As far as suppelments go I've always been a fan of low dose pregnenolone combined with an aromatase inhibitor, like aspirin or vitamin E. This will encourage androgens while antagonizing estrogen and cortisol, which are both responsible for visceral fat.

15. baccheion

baccheion Member

How much vitamin E to inhibit aromatase? Does 15 mg K2 MK-4 3x/day work as well? How much pregnenolone? No DHEA?

16. TeaRex14

TeaRex14 Member

You need at least 200ius daily. If you take 15mgs of K2 daily then you could go higher if you want, say 400ius. But higher dosages of vitamin E also need vitamin K to compensate for the blood thinning. I also think K2 helps with testosterone so that's good. I take just plain pregnenolone, no DHEA. In too high of levels DHEA can convert into estrogen, and since pregnenolone can convert itself into DHEA, my theory is why take DHEA when I can just take pregnenolone and if my body needs DHEA it will make it. Also about the vitamin E, I think it's best to get a pure source that has all the tocopherols in it. Alpha, beta, gamma, and delta.

17. baccheion

baccheion Member

I'm referring to using vitamin K2 MK-4 as an aromatase inhibitor.

18. TeaRex14

TeaRex14 Member

19. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

Agreed. My belly fat is disappearing rapidly after choosing wheat as my base starch and consuming with butter and egg. This digests perfectly for me and causes no inflammation, which was causing a large amount of bloat, mental, and physical disorders as well.

I could never eat starch without fat, idk what’s this business with the randle cycle but it’s pretty much instant endotoxin/inflammation when I consume starch on its own.

I do I am in a caloric deficit, but I’m doing it without actively trying to be in one, and certainly without any hunger pains or associated negative mood states as a result of forced starvation.

20. Cirion

Cirion Member

Consider yourself lucky man... I weigh way more and I am shorter than you...

What I am trying now is <10 gram fat a day most days, but high carb, a lot of carbs from starches (better satiation than sugar for me. You may wish to opt for higher sugar if you struggle to eat enough calories). I need more time on it to form proper conclusions but I will say this so far

- More energy on average (no more randle cycle screwing me over lol)
    - A little more libido
    - Weight has definitely stopped going UP so that's good.

I am often eating 4,000 calorie a day too. I second the comments on not actively forcing a calorie deficit. And 2,000 calories is WAY TOO LOW for someone your height. It's not impossible that you should be eating 4,500-5,000 a day with that height (I'm 6'0" and maintaining on 4,000+).

These are good advice too.