Sprinting Is Changing My Body Composition Very Quickly

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

LadyRae

In @Hans recent interview on Thermo Diet, he speaks about sprinting two times a week for it's anabolic effects. Check it out if you haven't heard . I don't know how to cross post but I created a thread yesterday.
That was a great interview! Lots of real useful ideas, not just discussion. I love Jayden's copious use of "definitely" ?, in all those Thermo Podcasts!

Old Irenaeus

Do y'all think one could get comparable benefits doing short sprints on a rowing machine like the Concept2 rower?

Runenight201

If you're referring to the voice deepening effect of sprints or exercise, then it's most likely the increase in test and DHT. High intensity training also increases blood sugar which promotes better energy production (GLUT4 also becomes upregulated). All in all it comes down to better energy production.
When someone gets frightened they don't yell "aahhh" in a deep voice, right? :) I'd rather say that a stress response disrupts proper verbal patterns, breaking them up into odd segments if that makes sense. Verbal fluency goes out the door.
But on the other hand, cortisol promotes the synthesis of glucose and noradrenaline enhances the uptake and oxidation of glucose, so in that short-term scenario, it could enhance energy production which could temporarily improve certain things.
Thanks for the answer. I’m sure the hormonal profile of the individual also dictates whether they go into a fight or a flight response upon a stressful situation. I’ve had my fair share of fear gripping moments. What awful memories. Something as innocuous as asking a question in front of the class.

I enjoyed your thoughts above...and I agree, sprinting is VERY taxing. It requires a bunch of mental preparation! I'm 43, but I've remained active so that helps. I like to take 5-10mg Methylene Blue with caffeine and a couple aspirin before going out to walk, go to the park. My kids and I do hand stands, cartwheels, monkey bars, and swings, too.. (Swinging is a full-body workout, bytheway, if you "pump" and go high!☺)

I gave up long distance running last year as it was making me fatter (so weird, I know), worsening my sleep, and then I lost my cycle. 'I'm trying to incorporate activity and exercise that involves play and spontaneous burst of energy followed by rest. Getting out in nature with my kids and my dog.

Taking a few drops of Lisuride (Idealabs) is also very enjoyable before spending time in nature
You mentioning the swings reminds me of days in childhood of having launching contests from the swing set. Talk about a rush. There’s something about the change in orientation of my head in space and feeling acceleration on my body that is very captivating. Trampolines, swing sets, monkey bars, roller coasters, car drifting, etc.... it all gets my heart pumpin.

When you were running were you mouth breathing or nasal breathing?

Nomane Euger

Do you know what causes the voice deepening affect when a fight or flight response happens? Particularly when the response has aggression and anger undertones? I notice that my voice depends in these instances. I figured adrenaline would be involved, but now I’m doubting that because you mention salt as anti-adrenaline.
Hi Runight,i have noticed that apart from other factors,eating beef heart deepen my voice drastically with in minutes i eat it,i have seen that heart is among the part of the body with testicules that concentrate the most testosterone. Osteocalcin, Not Adrenaline, Drives Fight Or Flight Response ,in the video ill link,chris masterjohn explain that bone resorption and the release of osteocalcin from bones signal testosterone production to the testicules.17minutes:15 seconds is where he start to talk about bone resorption
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXvQpuzasQo&t=970s

Austin Resch

Of course, make sure you’re warmed up barefoot, get the blood flowing, do some toe raises and heel raises and eversions and inversions of the foot, and if you’ve literally never exercised barefoot and have weak foot and ankle muscles, maybe wait a bit until you’ve strengthened them barefoot first. Otherwise if you feel healthy try going at it 50-60-70-80-90-100%!
Great recommendation, most professional and elite athletes are coached this way of gradually progressing up to max effort. It is even something used in most sports that involve a max effort, for example in power lifting athletes would never just walk up to the bar and dry to deadlift their max weight without a proper warm up. Similarly, the track and field races are often very short (less than 20seconds) but athletes will spend hours before the race properly warming up, with emphasis on increasing body temp optimally (improves metabolic enzymes), motor neuron recruitment (neural priming), tendon/ligament preparation so they are optimally elastic/strong, etc.

Runenight201

Hi Runight,i have noticed that apart from other factors,eating beef heart deepen my voice drastically with in minutes i eat it,i have seen that heart is among the part of the body with testicules that concentrate the most testosterone. Osteocalcin, Not Adrenaline, Drives Fight Or Flight Response ,in the video ill link,chris masterjohn explain that bone resorption and the release of osteocalcin from bones signal testosterone production to the testicules.17minutes:15 seconds is where he start to talk about bone resorption
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXvQpuzasQo&t=970s

Interesting. I’ve never tried heart but maybe I should give it a taste. I like that idea of A,D, and K needing to be provided synergistically to optimize testosterone production. It reminds me of when I prepare my meals how I have to complement all my ingredients together properly to feel best from the foods. I liked that lecture with Chris. I felt open to accepting his word as truth and I like how he provided me with a critical interpretation of the scientific study involving vitamin A and iron supplementation and puberty onset. I wonder how he’s doing now.

Nomane Euger

Interesting. I’ve never tried heart but maybe I should give it a taste. I like that idea of A,D, and K needing to be provided synergistically to optimize testosterone production. It reminds me of when I prepare my meals how I have to complement all my ingredients together properly to feel best from the foods. I liked that lecture with Chris. I felt open to accepting his word as truth and I like how he provided me with a critical interpretation of the scientific study involving vitamin A and iron supplementation and puberty onset. I wonder how he’s doing now.
Thé anecdote i shared you about heart was to make a possible connexion between elevation of testosterone and spontaneous deepening of the voice that can be experience almost while eating it and in the minutes coming,so that perhaps the fight or flight response that you experienced had the ability to spontaneously deepen your voice when it occurred.the heart was grass fed grass finish beef heart during summer,didn’t get the same effect from female lamb grass fed grain finished heart in winter

Nomane Euger

LadyRae

Thanks for the answer. I’m sure the hormonal profile of the individual also dictates whether they go into a fight or a flight response upon a stressful situation. I’ve had my fair share of fear gripping moments. What awful memories. Something as innocuous as asking a question in front of the class.

You mentioning the swings reminds me of days in childhood of having launching contests from the swing set. Talk about a rush. There’s something about the change in orientation of my head in space and feeling acceleration on my body that is very captivating. Trampolines, swing sets, monkey bars, roller coasters, car drifting, etc.... it all gets my heart pumpin.

When you were running were you mouth breathing or nasal breathing?
I'm always careful to nose breathe. But at the middle/end of my sprint I had to use both mouth and nose

LadyRae

I eat a lot of chicken hearts and beef liver. I roll up the pieces in nori sheets with a tart marmalade. On the days I eat liver, I notice markedly increased energy. Lots of Coenzyme Q-10 in heart

Melk

+1 for sprinting. 33yo male 170kg.

I saw a good chat with Pauly Salads and Sean Omara, Omara is big on sprinting for visceral fat loss. Convinced me to give it a go.

Ive done all kinds of cycling and walking and weight lifting and yoga and on and on, all kinds of stuff. Sprinting is my favourite so far.

It feels fun to go fast, and I really like the mood effects. If I'm guessing, I'd call it pro dht and pro dopamine (or antianti dopamine). I feel stronger, more confident, assertive, deeper voice. Better at organising and conveying my thoughts, more engaged by things I normally enjoy, even just music or chatting to friends abiut stupid movies or whatever.

I've gotten a roughly similar feeling from deadlifting, but this is better and also more sustainable.

We'll see how it tracks over time, but I like it far. Omara has another 30 minute video discussing sprinting, and says it helps release myokines that promote anabolism all over, and how full body the mild soreness/doms is afterward, I agree.

I also like that he titrates/graduates it well. Two steps can be a sprint, if that's as far as you can go moving YOUR body as fast as YOU can. I just do it intuitively for now. Go for a walk and toss in some sprints when I feel like I can.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals