Eggs and Onions now smell and taste off, a little sour, and body odor smells about the same

Babou

Over the last few weeks I've developed this smell and taste sensitivity to eggs and onions. I reacted to onions a few weeks before eggs, and I've cut them out (but still smell them when my family uses them to cook). Eggs only get the smell when they're cooked. Unfortunately eggs and dairy are some of the only proteins easily and consistently accessible to me.

These smells do not bother me entirely too much and I can just avoid these foods, but the smells are quite similar to what my BO has begun smelling like over the last few months.

I found a post from last year describing a similar issue:

I've posted elsewhere about ongoing health issues I'm struggling with but I'm noticing more and more recently I have a strange taste in my mouth, and I'm wondering if it might provide any clues as to what's going on.

It's difficult to describe but I'd say it's a metallic like, onion like, taste/smell. Armpits smell musky/oniony (not typical BO). I notice when I eat certain foods the taste is much more pronounced, typically when eating eggs. But the taste is there almost constantly.

Strange I know! But wondered if you guys might have any ideas on this?
Strange taste in mouth with strange matching body odor?
___

I first began to apply some, but not all, peat principles early this year. I am decent at avoiding seed oils, I take 3-5 grams of liver about once a week, about 300-600mg aspirin daily or every second day, and my diet is mostly:

- breakfast of fruit and nonfat greek yogurt smoothie, eggs and toast less common, I do avoid wheat when I can as I find it dampens my energy. To note, when I eat high iron through flour and meat my BO smells like iron instead which bothers me less (but is probably not good)

- Usually 1-2 coffees per day w milk and sugar

- Most commonly my family makes dinners involving pasta, potatoes, rice, and chicken or ground turkey. I'm aware of poultry being problematic and want to experiment with eliminating it but I have not historically had issues relating to it.

I consume maybe a glass of milk a day and a few grams of cheese when it's available.

I do have dental amalgam fillings, but I don't have insurance or spare income right now to have them replaced with ceramics (how the **** were these things ever used let alone legal? jesus)

I'm leaning towards trying a short fast followed by an elimination diet using fruit and juice as the base, as I've never experimented with cutting dairy or starch before (and I would be bummed to give up dairy, it's by far the easiest/tastiest/most complete protein readily available to me currently)

I am also considering a herbal cleanse. I have had issues in the past with face and groin rashes, usually occurring around the change of seasons which makes me think they're allergic, but most of the info I've come across suggests connection to candida.

I also had a bout of COVID-like symptoms around last august.

In January, I got a 3d printer and have been making some figurines with UV resin. Now that I think of it, this is around the time I first noticed the BO change but nothing related to eggs or onions. I do use this printer rarely, maybe once every 2 weeks, and wear a mask, but it may not be enough. It would suck if microplastics from the resin were the main culprit as I've made a pretty nice side income from these figurines.

I really want to figure this out, it feels like some of my best protein options and favorite foods are being rejected by my body and it sucks. I also just feel like food has become significantly more polluted and decayed in this past year, probably because of ramifications from 2022's supply chain problems.

Have any of you had similar experiences? How did you address it, and what organs or systems are involved? I have a hunch that digestion and my kidneys are some of the primary factors. I have never had particularly troublesome digestion but I am beginning to think it may be slow, or at least significantly slower than it was at the peak of my health a few years ago

frannybananny

Yo
Over the last few weeks I've developed this smell and taste sensitivity to eggs and onions. I reacted to onions a few weeks before eggs, and I've cut them out (but still smell them when my family uses them to cook). Eggs only get the smell when they're cooked. Unfortunately eggs and dairy are some of the only proteins easily and consistently accessible to me.

These smells do not bother me entirely too much and I can just avoid these foods, but the smells are quite similar to what my BO has begun smelling like over the last few months.

I found a post from last year describing a similar issue:

Strange taste in mouth with strange matching body odor?
___

I first began to apply some, but not all, peat principles early this year. I am decent at avoiding seed oils, I take 3-5 grams of liver about once a week, about 300-600mg aspirin daily or every second day, and my diet is mostly:

- breakfast of fruit and nonfat greek yogurt smoothie, eggs and toast less common, I do avoid wheat when I can as I find it dampens my energy. To note, when I eat high iron through flour and meat my BO smells like iron instead which bothers me less (but is probably not good)

- Usually 1-2 coffees per day w milk and sugar

- Most commonly my family makes dinners involving pasta, potatoes, rice, and chicken or ground turkey. I'm aware of poultry being problematic and want to experiment with eliminating it but I have not historically had issues relating to it.

I consume maybe a glass of milk a day and a few grams of cheese when it's available.

I do have dental amalgam fillings, but I don't have insurance or spare income right now to have them replaced with ceramics (how the **** were these things ever used let alone legal? jesus)

I'm leaning towards trying a short fast followed by an elimination diet using fruit and juice as the base, as I've never experimented with cutting dairy or starch before (and I would be bummed to give up dairy, it's by far the easiest/tastiest/most complete protein readily available to me currently)

I am also considering a herbal cleanse. I have had issues in the past with face and groin rashes, usually occurring around the change of seasons which makes me think they're allergic, but most of the info I've come across suggests connection to candida.

I also had a bout of COVID-like symptoms around last august.

In January, I got a 3d printer and have been making some figurines with UV resin. Now that I think of it, this is around the time I first noticed the BO change but nothing related to eggs or onions. I do use this printer rarely, maybe once every 2 weeks, and wear a mask, but it may not be enough. It would suck if microplastics from the resin were the main culprit as I've made a pretty nice side income from these figurines.

I really want to figure this out, it feels like some of my best protein options and favorite foods are being rejected by my body and it sucks. I also just feel like food has become significantly more polluted and decayed in this past year, probably because of ramifications from 2022's supply chain problems.

Have any of you had similar experiences? How did you address it, and what organs or systems are involved? I have a hunch that digestion and my kidneys are some of the primary factors. I have never had particularly troublesome digestion but I am beginning to think it may be slow, or at least significantly slower than it was at the peak of my health a few years ago
You said you had had Covid like symptoms but were you vaccinated?

OP
Babou

Babou

Yo

You said you had had Covid like symptoms but were you vaccinated?
I am unvaxxed, so is my girlfriend, but my friends and family are vaxxed. I have had bouts of covid-like fatigue and fever twice, once last march and once in august, but no respiratory symptoms. Didn't bother to test. The things I describe in OP didnt start till like december or january of this year, maybe later but it's been a gradual onset and not linear

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals