Why is my facial skin so sensitive to the sun all of a sudden? (not by body though)

Facial Skin sensitivity cause

• Not caused by re introduction of chicken/eggs/salmon

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Could be caused by these things

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josh

Hey all, why is my skin so sensitive to the sun all of a sudden? (Not my body, just my face).

HISTORY:
all throughout my childhood i had zero issues with my skin, everything was perfectly normal, i could tan with no issues.

In 2015 I took roacutane for a week, I think I was in the sun that week and I had this reaction to my facial skin only, burning etc. facial skin has NEVER been the same since-sensitive,sensitive to the sun etc. (No effect to body skin).

Back in 2015/2016/2017 I was eating an extremely restricted, main stream ‘healthy’ diet: lots and lots of Veg/nuts/olive oil/salmon etc etc with zero saturated fat/red meat etc (You know the drill).

Back in them years I could not tan, the sun would make my skin red/feel irritable and horrible, mainly from that permanent reaction to the accutane and maybe the diet at the time didn’t help at all with the high pufa and low sat fat etc.

Found Ray P in 2017, massively changed my WOE: increased Sat fat, low pufa etc and my first holiday away in 2018 I could actually tan a little bit and there was an improvement, then 2019 came and i could tan like crazy!! Just like when I was younger!! No burning feeling/ nothing!! It was amazing, the sun would improve my facial skin massively!!

Now 2020 came and all summer last year my skin was back in this state of sensitivity and burning feeling from the sun, and now same this year!!! I’m in the uk and we’ve had some sun the last two days, I haven’t been out in it much AT ALL and here I am feeling with that same horrible facial skin feeling as before. I also cannot tan anymore, just get read, THE AREA THAT IS EFFECTED IS THAT CHEEK AREA RIGHT NEXT TO THE NOSE, BELOW THE EYES.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POTENTIAL CHANGES WHICH COULD HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS SENSITIVE SKIN TO THE SUN RE-OCCURING:
-After finding RP in 2017 I went as low pufa as possible, zero chicken etc, as strict as possible, was eating lots of red meat.
-Towards mid 2019 I added in organic chicken more often in my diet (because i was loading iron and had to switch from so much red meat) started egg yolks also and then at the end of 2019 added salmon in 1 a week or 1 every 2-3 weeks. Consumed them things all throughout 2020. (Since adding in these things i have seen improvement in my eczema in general).
Back in january 2020, all before any sun last year, i started trying out all different types of moisturisers for my skin-mainstream ones-cerave etc.. but have been off any of them now for about 6 months and here i am with the skin sun issues so can’t see them topicals causing the problem still.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAIN QUESTION:
What is a common cause of skin sensitivity to the sun like this? (theres no sensitivity with my body skin, that gets super brown all the time, thats why i'm so perplexed, its only on my face the issue!)
Do you think it’s from adding in the chicken/egg yolks/salmon? (I haven't been swayed to think this because look at most of population, no issues from even a really high pufa consumption but i dunno, is it worth cutting these things out?, i dont have any burning issues for my body skin, its ONLY my face, which kind of shows these foods cant be the issue right?)
Lost to be honest!

Salmon and chicken is extremely high in PUFA's and is high in histamines too. Also keep in mind chemical residue from shaving products, soap and cologne all around the face can have a reaction when heated by the sun. As a matter of fact you aren't suppose to wear cologne in the sun. It can stain your skin brown when activated by the sun.

aniciete

Salmon and chicken is extremely high in PUFA's and is high in histamines too. Also keep in mind chemical residue from shaving products, soap and cologne all around the face can have a reaction when heated by the sun. As a matter of fact you aren't suppose to wear cologne in the sun. It can stain your skin brown when activated by the sun.
Do you react to high histamine foods? I recently started eating some local Buffalo and a lot of my skin issues have calmed down drastically in the last couple days. Today i ate some beef which I later found out was aged, and my cheeks look like they have chemical burns. Could this be a histamine reaction?
@redsun what do you think?

Last edited:
Do you react to high histamine foods? I recently started eating some local Buffalo and a lot of my skin issues have calmed down drastically in the last couple days. Today i ate some beef which I later found out was aged, and my cheeks look like they have chemical burns. Could this be a histamine reaction?
@redsun what do you think?
I use to have histamine skin issues and rashes, but I have healed all of that. It sounds to me, similar to what happened to me, that there is something you are using on your skin that is reacting in combination with things your you eat that hour body is either allergic to or intolerant to. My arm had been up against a new sofa that I hadn't realized was full of chemicals and would "flare up" with a hot rash when I would eat certain foods, which was chicken, pork, brown rice and flouride.

Attachments

• 20190317_123834.jpg
    20190317_123834.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 17