Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

My Dilemma After 5 Years Of "Peating"

Discussion in 'Diet' started by frant26, Dec 17, 2018.

1. OP
    frant26

frant26 Member

Absolutely! I've been getting help that way, and made a few realizations. But I need a coach who can help me with tracking & accountability because I otherwise get lost. It's too much information to handle sometimes.

Great point. In my case it's going back (more or less) to where I was just 5 years ago. Effortless erections, less belly fat, a bit more optimistic on life.

You're totally right @tara . He has mentioned white sugar can be helpful in certain stressful circumstances, but some people who follow Peat eat a metric ton of refined sugars every day and 8+ supplements. All this personal process is going back to the basics. Appreciate your help.

I was at the beach last week, in a very low stress situation so I tried doing intermittent fasting with bulletproof-style coffees. I think it's slowly working to get rid of stubborn fat. I took extra vitamin E. I slept really well and felt happy. That said I wouldn't do it in winter or any other stressful situation. Now back to normal, feel as usual. Listening to my body much more than the FUD has been a great way to start this year.

Happy 2019 everyone!

2. Socks0rs

Socks0rs New Member

What's the significance of this?

I ask because my left ankle has a large bald patch and i've always wondered what the hell caused it.

3. CDT

CDT Member

If I may ask, what is your daily diet consumption? Perhaps we can do a quick analysis based on your food choice origin/sources..

4. bboone

bboone Member

this makes no sense. did you try out different macro ratios? basically all you're doing when "peating" is switching to higher quality food sources, so i don't see how your testosterone could possibly have dropped by a third unless you ate way too little fat or little protein.

5. OP
    frant26

frant26 Member

You say it makes no sense, and you only bring up the subject of food. (I may have done that too, at some point.)

This thread helped me crystallize the idea that focusing on food is much less important than I believed. (A low stress environment with a lot of coffee and sunlight is much more important in my opinion.)

1.5 months ago I started experimenting with intermittent fasting in a context of friends & family, summertime including the beach sometimes, little work stress, and "less than ideal" food (grilled pizza and burgers, a bit more bread, some pork, some mediocre ice-cream, no oysters, no oxtail, not much calcium - but lots of coffee, coconut oil, meat and fruit). I stopped many of the supplements, and kept just a few that I take sometimes in small doses. D3/K2, thyroid, magnesium glycinate, and very little prog/DHEA.

Let me tell you that, thus far: I feel WAY better, I sleep very well, my libido is much better. Digestion is very good. The pressure in my upper back has lifted. I easily reached 37.1ºC a few afternoons with (a) around 76bpm, and (b) feeling focused and relaxed – so I easily conclude not driven by adrenaline.

I also lost 10lbs.

I'm listening to my body and following my intuition for the first time in a long time. I have no idea until when I'll do this. Not planning to do any IF in the absence of good sunlight, for example. I have no idea how many calories but I do eat a lot in some sittings. I appreciate high quality foods so I always prefer those, but otherwise except avoiding PUFA I don't stress over the perfect food anymore.

6. grenade

grenade Member

@frant26 congratulations on your improvement. Glad to hear it. Sounds like you found something that works.