Meal Plan For A Young Man? (20 years Old)

shanebeaufaitjr

I’m trying to take my fitness, diet, and metabolism to the next level.

I’ve been implementing some of peats teachings but I still have some tweaking left to do.

I’m 20 years old, Pretty Active (Weightlifting 2-3 times a week, Jujitsu 4 days a week, 40 hours in a physical labor job) trying to build muscle and strength.

My problem as of now is really getting that calories in I don’t eat nearly enough most days and I can tell when I keep it up long enough my digestion becomes very sluggish and energy levels are inconsistent

Already trying my best to reduce PUFA, I just started supplementing collegen, currently eating mostly starch with small amounts of fruit and honey for fructose

Ultimately I’m looking for a baseline diet plan that can be high cal, palatable, easy to digest, peaty, nutritious meal plan without going bankrupt in the process

Optimally on the lower fat side, when I go high fat I definitely get too satiated without getting in the cals

I’m currently 155 lb around 15% BF 5’10

peter88

Unless you eat over 600g of carbs and 200g of protein a day, I don’t see how you could adopt a high calorie low fat diet.

OP
shanebeaufaitjr

shanebeaufaitjr

Unless you eat over 600g of carbs and 200g of protein a day, I don’t see how you could adopt a high calorie low fat diet.
@ 3,000 cal
60% carb - 450 carb
20% fat - 66 fat
20% protein - 150 protein

That’s definitely not a ton of fat and still pretty high cal for someone my size

I don't think it's sustainable to train that much + physical job. You will eventually remain without energy and activate the stress response. Try not working out, if you feel sluggish, then you were running on stress.

peter88

@ 3,000 cal
60% carb - 450 carb
20% fat - 66 fat

That’s definitely not a ton of fat and still pretty high cal for someone my size
A 5’10 20 year old should be eating well over 3k calories IMO. Especially with your very high activity level.

PopSocket

Training often ages you very quickly. Eat what the body tells you to without too many restrictions except low PUFA ofc and plenty of saturated fats/butter/ for good digestion and steroid production.

Also a good calcium source is important and often overlooked as it calms the system quite well and makes it run smoother. Half eggshell in your eggs is more than enough if milk is not well tolerated or makes you look watery. Very cheap also.

Aby_2021

@ 3,000 cal
60% carb - 450 carb
20% fat - 66 fat

I'd add beef liver to my diet if I was you. I've recently started having 2 ounces of liver everyday and it's made a huge difference in my energy levels.

Gawdawg

I’m trying to take my fitness, diet, and metabolism to the next level.

I’ve been implementing some of peats teachings but I still have some tweaking left to do.

I’m 20 years old, Pretty Active (Weightlifting 2-3 times a week, Jujitsu 4 days a week, 40 hours in a physical labor job) trying to build muscle and strength.

My problem as of now is really getting that calories in I don’t eat nearly enough most days and I can tell when I keep it up long enough my digestion becomes very sluggish and energy levels are inconsistent

Already trying my best to reduce PUFA, I just started supplementing collegen, currently eating mostly starch with small amounts of fruit and honey for fructose

Ultimately I’m looking for a baseline diet plan that can be high cal, palatable, easy to digest, peaty, nutritious meal plan without going bankrupt in the process

Optimally on the lower fat side, when I go high fat I definitely get too satiated without getting in the cals

I’m currently 155 lb around 15% BF 5’10
I'm not saying do not be active. Based on the amount of activity you say you have during a week, you could be exhausting your body. It is beneficial to have days of rest days from workouts of any type. You can build muscle and strength without killing yourself in a gym.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals