High Fat Quality Goat Milk Or Low Fat Store Milk?

Uselis

What do you think is worse long term? I drink around 3 liters of goat milk which puts me at 150g fat and 7g PUFA. It is much more tasty however I think high fat is worse for my mood and mental clarity.

I handle store bought milk fine. 2.5% is fat content. I'd be around 70g fat a day and much lower PUFA. Not so much taste and it bloats me.

Thanks

What do you think is better:

a) High fat but quality milk
b) Low fat but questionable quality

Maljam

Have you tried just drinking less than 3 litres of it a day?

You shouldn't even be thinking about eating something that bloats you as a staple.

Uselis

Have you tried just drinking less than 3 litres of it a day?

You shouldn't even be thinking about eating something that bloats you as a staple.

Good point haha but I am fairly active and milk mixed with honey just perfect fuel on the go.

Maljam

Good point haha but I am fairly active and milk mixed with honey just perfect fuel on the go.

You may need to broaden your options a little if those are your two options, as I mentioned, bloating is not a good sign, you shouldn't consider that, which brings us to drinking less quantity of high fat milk. Have you considered replacing some of the milk calories with fruit, cheese, meats, they should be easy to eat on the go.

Uselis

Yeah, I guess variety is what I'll have to experiment with.

Lollipop2

I would personally stick with high fat high quality but as mentioned above drink less. Store bought, no matter the fat content, is never as good. I don’t trust large milk producers.

Jessie

I just get the certified organic skim milk my local Kroger sells. Sometimes I'll get the 2% "grassmilk" by Organic Valley, but that s**t is expensive.

I can't tell a difference between fresh (raw) milk and store milk. Fresh milk tastes slightly different, a little sweeter, but other then that it's about the same.

I think the grassfed part is more important then the raw part imo.

Skim milk digests faster then full-fat milk, so this may be causing some sort of digestive disturbance. You could try warming the milk the first, see if this helps.

Dutchie

You could skim off some of the fat in the milk yourself. There are many videos on YouTube that show how to do it.

PaRa

You could skim off some of the fat in the milk yourself. There are many videos on YouTube that show how to do it.

goat milk is way harder to skim as it's naturally emulsified
you'll have to heat it then let it cooling and after you will be able to skim
whereas with unhomogeneized cow milk, most of the fat will be on the top of the bottle

Dutchie

goat milk is way harder to skim as it's naturally emulsified
you'll have to heat it then let it cooling and after you will be able to skim
whereas with unhomogeneized cow milk, most of the fat will be on the top of the bottle
The vids I saw on YouTube all used the heating and cooling method,also with cow milk.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jam Applying Peat Principles To Low-Carb High-Saturated Fat: Incredible Results Discussing Dietary Models 20
M Low carb high fat (pre T3) VS high carb low fat (taking 3 drops of tyronene upon waking) Logs 7
J High Saturated Fat/Cholesterol Causes Clogged Pores/Sebaceous Filaments Skin 7
U What's Worse High Fat No Starch Or Low Fat Higher Starch? Diet 14
Sscobalt High Carb Moderate Protein Low Fat? Diet 37
U Does Anybody Else Experience Significant Mood Changes On High (er) Fat Diet? Diet 27
meatbag High-protein Diet Reduces Hepatic Fat Than Low-protein Diet Articles & Scientific Studies 0
A Better Digestion On High Fat. Why? Digestion, Gut Flora 6
GorillaHead The High FAT Diet Vs The High Carb Diet. The Pukapuka And Tokelau Island Vs Japanese Diet 8
ddjd Very High Sugar Intake = No Weight Gain Without FAT Or PROTEIN Ask For Help or Advice 7
J Coming Off Of High-fat Ketogenic Carnivore Diet And Concerns About Acne Skin 7
_lppaiva Flow-mediated Dilatation Is Impaired By A High-Saturated Fat Diet But Not By A High-Carbohydrat Diet Scientific Studies 0
Inaut How To Lose Stubborn Body Fat With A High Fruit Diet Fruits 3
Vinny Kempner Diet Worked Not Because Is High Carb, But Because Is Low Fat Ask For Help or Advice 10
Twohandsondeck High Fat/High Sugar Coffee Causing Abnormal Heart Rate Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 0
Mito High Fat Diet Induces Microbiota-dependent Silencing Of Enteroendocrine Cells Articles & Scientific Studies 0
ecstatichamster High Blood Sugar, Hypertension Is Protective In The Very Old Fat Diabetic People? Scientific Studies 10
Cirion Think I Handle Caffeine Better Now With Low Fat / High Carb Caffeine 6
A Could High Dose Vitamin K2 Stop Absorption Of Other Fat Solubles? Or Other Problems? K 9
F Minocycline Decreased Body Fat Accumulation From High-fat Diet And Improved The Microbiome Profile Scientific Studies 4
D High Fat & Low Carb Vs. Low Fat & High Carb Experiment Discussing Dietary Models 10
cyclops Pregnant Cows = High Estrogen Dairy Fat? Diet 41
raypeatclips Dietary Cocoa Reduces Metabolic Endotoxemia And Adipose Tissue Inflammation In High-Fat Fed Mice Scientific Studies 21
bzmazu Low Fat Vs High Fat? Ask For Help or Advice 6
T Consuming High-fat Dairy Products Found To Make Lung Function In Smokers Even Worse Scientific Studies 1
M Gilbert Syndrome / High Bilirubin / Bad Fat Digestion Digestion, Gut Flora 36
Cirion Would High Protein High Carb Low Fat Be The Best Way To Facilitate Healing Process? Macros & Micros 5
Mito A Single High-fat Meal (milkshake) Provokes Pathological Erythrocyte Remodeling Articles & Scientific Studies 10
haidut Low-fat, High-carb, Ad-libitum Diet Leads To Fat/weight Loss In Women Scientific Studies 13
P Betaine Lowers FFA And Improve Insulin Sensitivity And Adiponectine Level In High Fat Fed Animal Articles & Scientific Studies 4
Xisca High Veg/fruits/carbs Very Low Fat For Insuline Sensitivity: Mastering Diabetis Khambatta & Barbaro Discussing Dietary Models 11
Mito The Truth About High Fat Diets Articles & Scientific Studies 81
Mito Low-fat/high-carb Diet Superior To LCHF In 6-month Chinese Randomized Controlled Feeding Trial Articles & Scientific Studies 1
Pompadour High Fat Is Bad, But High Fat Plus Carbs Is Worse Macros & Micros 56
M Started Great, Now Gaining Belly Fat, Have High Blood Pressure, Starting To Feel Unwell Ask For Help or Advice 23
Mito High Carb Low Fat Diet Lead To Low Levels Of Coronary Artery Disease Scientific Studies 28
M High Fat Low Card Diet Diet 7
R High Body Fat Percentage Breaks Down DHT To Less Potent Metabolite 3a-diol Ask For Help or Advice 2
P Taurine Treatment Modulates Circadian Rhythms In Mice Fed A High Fat Diet Articles & Scientific Studies 12
Koveras Sexually Dimorphic Brain Fatty Acid Composition In Low And High Fat Diet-fed Mice Scientific Studies 0
R Saturated Fat Causing High Blood Sugar? Ask For Help or Advice 4
TheHound Who Here Is Eating High (3.5-5k) Calories With Low Fat? Diet 10
Tarmander High Fat Diet In Mice Triggers ASD In Children, Probiotic Reverses It Scientific Studies 2
P Reversal Of Dopamine System Dysfunction In Response To High-fat Diet Articles & Scientific Studies 7
P Gues Who Wins?Van Tulleken Twin Doctors Go On Month Long High-fat And High-sugar Diet (BBC Document) Macros & Micros 10
Peatit A Low-fat High-carbohydrate Diet Reduces Plasma Total Adiponectin Concentrations Scientific Studies 3
P Anti Obesity/diabetes Effects Of High Sucrose/low Fat Diet Comparing To Starch Or High Fat Diet Articles & Scientific Studies 0
mayweatherking Ray Says Belly Fat From High Stress Hormones -- Why? mayweatherking 8
Westside PUFAs Best Video I've Seen Debunking The Inuit/Esikmo High Fat Eaters, And Mummmies Had Heart Disease Pre- Articles & Scientific Studies 34
P High intake of saturated fat, but not polyunsaturated fat, improves survival in heart failure despit Articles & Scientific Studies 2