Share your sorghum experience

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
5AR inhibition I believe
There was a human study showing that fenugreek didn't lower DHT, which makes me think it's another one of the in vitro findings that aren't replicated in vivo.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans you could try and replace the honey with sorghum syrup in your shake. The sugar from the syrup + pro 5AR properties can be potentially pretty androgenic combo post workout
I wanted to buy I can't find sorghum syrup in SA unfortunately.

abentabet

In Europe we have this sorgho pasta and it tastes good (not as good as normal pasta but it’s OK)

IMG_8931.png

Dave Clark

Interesting. I have replaced most grain in my baking with sorghum, {along with a bit of oats, coconut flour, masa harina, etc.,} and never made the connection, but I noticed the morning wood and other times, things were like my younger days, maybe even better. I wrote it off to taking some zinc before bed, but now I am wondering if the sorghum is having the effect. Which ever, I like what is happening on that front {pun intended}.

Korven

@Hans and others here, try this sorghum pancake/crepe recipe.

Whisk together 80 g sorghum flour + 0.3 liter milk + 2 eggs. Heat up a nonstick pan, add butter and pour in enough of the sorghum pancake mix to coat the entire pan. Cook for a couple minutes on each side until golden brown.

It tastes amazing!

lamassu

There was a human study showing that fenugreek didn't lower DHT, which makes me think it's another one of the in vitro findings that aren't replicated in vivo.
I tried it as well and noticed very potent anti-androgenic effects. I've heard this anecdote from many others. Just use caution

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting. I have replaced most grain in my baking with sorghum, {along with a bit of oats, coconut flour, masa harina, etc.,} and never made the connection, but I noticed the morning wood and other times, things were like my younger days, maybe even better. I wrote it off to taking some zinc before bed, but now I am wondering if the sorghum is having the effect. Which ever, I like what is happening on that front {pun intended}.
Nice! Do you know roughly how much you're having a day?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans and others here, try this sorghum pancake/crepe recipe.

Whisk together 80 g sorghum flour + 0.3 liter milk + 2 eggs. Heat up a nonstick pan, add butter and pour in enough of the sorghum pancake mix to coat the entire pan. Cook for a couple minutes on each side until golden brown.

It tastes amazing!
Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to give it a shot.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I tried it as well and noticed very potent anti-androgenic effects. I've heard this anecdote from many others. Just use caution
Ok interesting, thanks for sharing.

Dave Clark

Nice! Do you know roughly how much you're having a day?
I make breakfast bars and a savory type bar that I eat daily. I am just guessing here, but I would say anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sorghum? It is hard to tell, I would have to somehow calculate it out, lol, but that is my best guess. I am wondering if the daily consistency is just as important as the amount, in terms of getting the effects you mentioned. I originally went with sorghum because it is about 80% insoluble fiber, just like coconut flour, and no gluten, better on digestion and metabolism, and did not know anything about the effects on DHT, etc. I am one of the members that includes a bit of starch in my diet, but I do well with starch, so I don't find it a problem, but I look for starches that don't have as many issues, and, everything is organic.

abentabet

Off topic, but I’ll trial this stack next week :

3g DAA
10mg boron
SNS Fadogia + SNS bulbine
ND Cistanche + lot of eggs for cholesterol
ND Fenugreek

May be I’ll add some sorghum but I think that bulbine is enough for aromatase

May be it will give a little boost or do nothing like most natural supplements 😅

What’s your thoughts ?

Added P5P and just bought a lot of these :

INGREDIENTS Sorghum * (89.5%), amaranth * (10%) sea salt *, (* certified organic ingredient)

It will replace some of my rice/potatoes meals, I’ll keep you in touch about project Mbappé 😅

Attachments

• IMG_8933.png
    IMG_8933.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 28

Mossy

That's a bummer. How did you consume it?
I steamed it, like rice, on the stove top; as well as popping it, like popcorn. I like it, and am looking to try it again. If I notice any pro-DHT effects, I'll report back.

TheLA5

Sorgum bring my morning wood back. Feeling warm after eating it. I used red sorghum grains in my waffles (grind them in a mill). However I noticed that when I make them with milk like oatmeal i don't feel this warm effect. Maybe due to too high processing temperature

76er

Dr Kirk had 1 tbsp of sorghum syrup, which would be super concentrated.

Therefore, I'd imagine one must have a copious amount of sorghum flour products to match the 21g of sorghum syrup?

I did just grab some sorghum syrup and I'll report back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals