Post Your Experience With B1 Here.

Dr. B

Did you purposefully try such high magnesium intake to balance/reduce any negative side effects from B1?

If so, did you find more magnesium causing you to reap better benefits from B1 intake?
thats big dosage magnesium mate... I dont know. it could mess with calcium somehow maybe.

Ismail

thats big dosage magnesium mate... I dont know. it could mess with calcium somehow maybe.
I think you’re right buddy, just wanted to see and hear his experience(s).

Last night I read that calcium and magnesium “oppose/compete” with eachother, so more magnesium results in less calcium and vice versa - just can’t seem to located where I read it ?‍♂️ I’m sure that’s quite well known to most on this forum ?

Jerkboy

B1 will lower your iron to very low if you take it for long.

Sam321

Hello everyone,

I really enjoy these threads, where you guys share your experiences with the usage of certain compounds.

I would love to hear your experience with thiamin. This could include all forms of thiamin.
(HCL, benfothiamin, allithiamin, TTFD)

I just started experimenting with B1 a few months ago, when I found the YouTube channel EON Nutrition, on which I‘ve found much content on B1.

I just started taking 250-500mg of thiamin HCL for a while, without much effects, except maybe slightly deeper breathing.

I dropped it for a while, but something felt off while doing so. So I started again. Still not much effects. A few days ago I decided to experiment with a higher dosage of B1. I wanted to replicate a study in which scientist gave high doses of B1 for IBS patients. They saw significant reductions in fatigue, a nasty symptom that many of those who have IBS are well aware of. (I have IBS too)

My weight class of the study (90kg) would equal to 1600mg of B1 per day. So I started with 3 x 500mg of B1. So far I am amazed, I don‘t really get fatigued over the course of the day. I have a lot of energy to do work and do things I love. I‘ll definitely continue with this regimen.

At the start I felt a little heart palpitations, but that resided with sufficient magnesium co-administration with each thiamin dose + more potassium through the diet.

Now it‘s your turn to tell your experience. :)
I was depleted in all my b vitamins.
Started taking a pure b complex and noticed some improvement mostly cognitively, but it was very slight. I must have been depleted for a while.

I then started to use B1 on its own, slowly increasing the dosage, 100mg, 200mg, 300mg, all the way up to 600mg a week at a time. I found my sleep got wretched and someone literally told me I started to smell like a vitamin. At 100mg on top of what I was getting in my b complex seemed to feel the best.

mostlylurking

How has it helped you? ?
It solved my problem with lactic acidosis. It normalized my digestive tract. It improved other autonomic nervous system problems I had. The tremor I had developed recently in my right hand went away. It cleared the inflammation, including in my head.

Ismail

It solved my problem with lactic acidosis. It normalized my digestive tract. It improved other autonomic nervous system problems I had. The tremor I had developed recently in my right hand went away. It cleared the inflammation, including in my head.
? ?

Vins7

What digestive issues did you suffer? Bloating and constipation?

mostlylurking

What digestive issues did you suffer? Bloating and constipation?
SIBO, explosive diarrhea/constipation, leaky gut, many many food allergies (result of leaky gut), very low stomach acid, poor peristalsis, food refusing to go down esophagus so had to yak up food multiple times/week. This went on for about 25 years. Then I found high dose thiamine hcl. I spent a couple of months working up to my optimized dose of 2 grams/day. When I reached that dose, in two days I became remarkably better/recovered and have remained that way for 7 months.

Note: I am hypothyroid and also take prescription natural desiccated thyroid, along with some vitamins and minerals. Since taking the thiamine hcl, my prescription dose of thyroid med has been lowered twice by my endocrinologist after confirmations that my T3 had become too high/way out of range. Last fall, I was taking 3 grams of thyroid; now I take 1.5 grams of thyroid.

Last edited:

Dr. B

SIBO, explosive diarrhea/constipation, leaky gut, many many food allergies (result of leaky gut), very low stomach acid, poor peristalsis, food refusing to go down esophagus so had to yak up food multiple times/week. This went on for about 25 years. Then I found high dose thiamine hcl. I spent a couple of months working up to my optimized dose of 2 grams/day. When I reached that dose, in two days I became remarkably better/recovered and have remained that way for 7 months.

Note: I am hypothyroid and also take prescription natural desiccated thyroid, along with some vitamins and minerals. Since taking the thiamine hcl, my prescription dose of thyroid med has been lowered twice by my endocrinologist after confirmations that my T3 had become too high/way out of range. Last fall, I was taking 3 grams of thyroid; now I take 1.5 grams of thyroid.
you didnt get the severe iron depletion?

mostlylurking

you didnt get the severe iron depletion?
No. I had blood work done last June. My iron and my ferritin levels, which had been too high, were lower which was an improvement for me.

searching pubmed for "thiamine and iron" yields interesting reading:

Does thiamine protect the brain from iron overload and alcohol-related dementia? - PubMed

Iron is considered a heavy metal and is toxic in the body. I've got a pretty high level of heavy metals I'm dealing with, including lead. I'm delighted that my iron level has come down.

Last edited:

Dr. B

No. I had blood work done last June. My iron and my ferritin levels, which had been too high, were lower which was an improvement for me.

searching pubmed for "thiamine and iron" yields interesting reading:

Does thiamine protect the brain from iron overload and alcohol-related dementia? - PubMed

Iron is considered a heavy metal and is toxic in the body. I've got a pretty high level of heavy metals I'm dealing with, including lead. I'm delighted that my iron level has come down.
iron and copper are the 'toxic' metals which should never be supplemented, but still essential right unlike lead or aluminum, or tin or a few others which apparently arent essential at all?

mostlylurking

iron and copper are the 'toxic' metals which should never be supplemented, but still essential right unlike lead or aluminum, or tin or a few others which apparently arent essential at all?
Although I have undergone over 100 chelation treatments for heavy metal poisoning in the past 35 years, I do not consider myself an expert. However, I do know that iron is problematic. I remember that when I was first chelated in 1994 I was so anemic that my doctor considered hospitalizing me to give me blood transfusions. But he decided against it. I recovered in a few months and avoided the transfusion. Heavy metals are toxic. Iron is considered a heavy metal. Other heavy metals include mercury, cadmium, lead, aluminum, arsenic, et. al. The problem with them is that your body can't get rid of them and so they accumulate over time and add to your toxin load. If your body is overloaded with toxins, you get sick. Minimizing toxin load is key to being healthy.

Copper is helpful but taking supplements of it are iffy. I follow Ray Peat's advice and eat shellfish weekly. Iron is really hard to avoid; Ray Peat suggests drinking coffee when eating muscle meat to help minimize the amount of iron absorbed from the meat. I very rarely eat muscle meat.

E

eat my peat

b1 is an interesting one. while im entirely speculating as I haven't had bloods done for it. taking it with some magnesium and aspirin in the evening is nice but throws off my body balance as I get lots of involuntary muscles twitches.

I can't ignore the fact that eating carbohydrates supposedly depletes b1 in the body according to Elliot Overton.

but I like simplicity. bare bones. milk, fruit, liver oysters.

will I continue to supplement b1? hmm, maybe. but I can't say that it has been revolutionary since I've began doing so. for those interested, I have been doing pretty big doses (1-2 grams of b1 and mag).

I am just not a fan of diving into granular detail of vitamin supplementation. feels unnecessary

Gustav3Y

I get lots of involuntary muscles twitches.
Got lots of these after I go one of my infected teeth pulled out.
I could even look at a certain muscle and see it vibrate (contracting and releasing fast)
Try higher potassium intake and see how it goes.

E

eat my peat

Got lots of these after I go one of my infected teeth pulled out.
I could even look at a certain muscle and see it vibrate (contracting and releasing fast)
Try higher potassium intake and see how it goes.
craazy! been trying to slam as much potassium down as I can. still there though lol.

I reckon eating 10 perfectly ripe bananas will do the trick .... trouble is finding perfectly ripe fruit in the UK

Gustav3Y

I see.
I have been trying to raise potassium by eating potatoes and here and there some bananas.

Are your muscle twitches similar to how I described them?
Also are they on random parts of the body in general?

InChristAlone

craazy! been trying to slam as much potassium down as I can. still there though lol.

I reckon eating 10 perfectly ripe bananas will do the trick .... trouble is finding perfectly ripe fruit in the UK
Buy them green they will ripen perfectly on your counter.

E

eat my peat

I see.
I have been trying to raise potassium by eating potatoes and here and there some bananas.

Are your muscle twitches similar to how I described them?
Also are they on random parts of the body in general?
yea full body twitches . been eating more potatoes too.

Buy them green they will ripen perfectly on your counter.
damn I know but I'm more into letting them ripen while being grown. I guess I dont have access to that luxury of bananas lol

InChristAlone

yea full body twitches . been eating more potatoes too.

damn I know but I'm more into letting them ripen while being grown. I guess I dont have access to that luxury of bananas lol
Bananas are best picked before ripe. It would be a complete waste of resources to pick ripe as then they only last a few days. It doesn't change all that much about the fruit thankfully unlike a melon or apple which have to be ripe from the vine or tree.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals