Allithiamine Experience / Could anyone recommend a better B1 Supplement?

OP
fr@

fr@

No recommendation, no "better", you have to try them all...
you also have to find YOUR cofactors before concluding it comes from the form you take...
Also the dose...
And if you have a sulfur issue, rub Mg sulfate (the famous epsom salts) on your skin, or in bath.
Sullfur intolerance comes from a sulfur deficiency, so transdermal is the way!
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I actually found a really good info on supplementing B1 (mainly TTFD) from @mostlylurking -- now I can handle more than before, around a 100mg a day; but still under observation on how it's gonna feel like for days/weeks to come for me. 'Cause now I've totally stopped taking Niacinamide and my eye bags are starting to decrease along with the dark circles (it's not that dark though).

mostlylurking

No recommendation, no "better", you have to try them all...
you also have to find YOUR cofactors before concluding it comes from the form you take...
Also the dose...
And if you have a sulfur issue, rub Mg sulfate (the famous epsom salts) on your skin, or in bath.
Sullfur intolerance comes from a sulfur deficiency, so transdermal is the way!
Thanks for the epsom salts tip; I didn't know that the intolerance to sulfur comes from a deficiency. Have epsom salts, will soak.

Although I understand the hesitancy to suggest a "better" thiamine, it is known that there are fewer adverse reactions when taking thiamine hcl than when taking the newer synthetic thiamines like TTFD. One of Elliot Overton's suggestions to overcome the negative reactions caused by TTFD is to take thiamine hcl for a while instead of taking the TTFD. I believe that the issue was glutathione deficiency causing the problem when taking TTFD. (TTFD requires glutathione to do its chemical process.) My understanding is that thiamine hcl improves glutathione levels by improving oxidative metabolism which results in improved cellular energy. Glutathione is critically important for health.

As people age, they accumulate more and more heavy metals like lead, cadmium, aluminum, etc. Heavy metals bind/inactivate glutathione causing a deficiency in it. Heavy metals (lead was singled out) block thiamine function. I have a history of heavy metals toxicity and have been chelated with IV EDTA many times. EDTA doesn't work for mercury or very well for aluminum. I think that this is the reason the TTFD thiamine was a bust for me.

OP
fr@

fr@

My understanding is that thiamine hcl improves glutathione levels by improving oxidative metabolism which results in improved cellular energy. Glutathione is critically important for health.
Definitely added this to my notes, thanks again.

David PS

EDTA doesn't work for mercury or very well for aluminum. I think that this is the reason the TTFD thiamine was a bust for me.

Silicon (not silica) binds with aluminum. Professor Exley in the UK has spent decades reseaching aluminum and alzheimers.

Professor Exley recommends drinking silicon-rich water. I use a few drops of BioSil. It has a side effect of strengthing hair and nails. I do my window shoppiing at Amazon.

mostlylurking

Silicon (not silica) binds with aluminum. Professor Exley in the UK has spent decades reseaching aluminum and alzheimers.

Professor Exley recommends drinking silicon-rich water. I use a few drops of BioSil. It has a side effect of strengthing hair and nails. I do my window shoppiing at Amazon.

I've read about Silicon but have been hesitant because I don't understand the chemistry. Is silicon liquid silica? Will silica precipitate out of the solution over time after ingestion? I bought a book about it, haven't read it yet. I bought some Fiji water and tried that but not long enough to make a difference. Thanks for the reminder; the book is now in the substrata of the pile of books by the bed.

David PS

I've read about Silicon but have been hesitant because I don't understand the chemistry. Is silicon liquid silica? Will silica precipitate out of the solution over time after ingestion? I bought a book about it, haven't read it yet. I bought some Fiji water and tried that but not long enough to make a difference. Thanks for the reminder; the book is now in the substrata of the pile of books by the bed.

Silicon is a metaloid and is on the periodic table at position 14.

https://sciencenotes.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/PeriodicTableWorks.png

To my knowlege, it is not found in nature. Silicon quicl;y oxidizes and it naturally complexes with alumium. The earth's crust is made out of aluminosilicate rocks.

Silica is silicon dioxide. The powder form should be avoided.

I tried the Fiji water and found it to be an unnecessary expense. I use local spring water from a state park. I found the spring at www.findaspring.com It has a worldwide database.

There is information on the forum about BioSil (choline-stablized orthosilicic acid).

I am done derailing this thread. If you need more info, you need a different thread.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Silicon is a metaloid and is on the periodic table at position 14.

https://sciencenotes.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/PeriodicTableWorks.png

To my knowlege, it is not found in nature. Silicon quicl;y oxidizes and it naturally complexes with alumium. The earth's crust is made out of aluminosilicate rocks.

Silica is silicon dioxide. The powder form should be avoided.

I tried the Fiji water and found it to be an unnecessary expense. I use local spring water from a state park. I found the spring at www.findaspring.com It has a worldwide database.

There is information on the forum about BioSil (choline-stablized orthosilicic acid).

I am done derailing this thread. If you need more info, you need a different thread.
Thank you.

Mauritio

It comes in 100mg capsules. The capsule is small but you could try 1/4 of it. It is very tricky to open though. I find when I take 100mg, even earlier in the day, I just don't sleep. It tanks potassium and magnesium. I recommend getting plenty of these two minerals when taking any form of thiamine.
How does it tank mag and potassium? Are those the often cited "cofactors" of thiamine ? People just throw that term out there but dont specify on what it actually is ...

Mauritio

I know that toxic smell after taking TTFD, it was one of the main reasons i stopped taking it. I also got stomach pain and bloating from it, and just felt "ill". After supplementing molybdenum for some weeks (600mcg per day), i can say that i no longer have the side effects. I can still smell/taste the garlic/sulfur smell, but its no near that bad before supplementing molybdenum.
Molybdenum is a needed for an enzyme that turns sulfites into sulfates.
So allithiamine does have a sulfite component that the molybdenum takes care of ( allithiamine = thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl DISULFIDE)
So we can add something to the real cofactor list for allithiamine.

Last edited:
P

Peatness

People just throw that term out there but dont specify on what it actually is ...
Really? You admonish me for not spoon feeding you information you could easily find with the search engine.

Mauritio

Really? You admonish me for not spoon feeding you information you could easily find with the search engine.
I didnt mean you specifically . I just read over and over that it depletes certain vitamins, but a quick pubmed search didnt yield any results .

P

Peatness

I didnt mean you specifically . I just read over and over that it depletes certain vitamins, but a quick pubmed search didnt yield any results .
If you want to learn more about the relationship between thiamine and magnesium/potassium look into the work of Dr Lonsdale. He has many articles on the hormonesmatter website.

Mauritio

Ok thx .
If you want to learn more about the relationship between thiamine and magnesium/potassium look into the work of Dr Lonsdale. He has many articles on the hormonesmatter website.

Mauritio

I'm getting great benefits from allithiamine, but I'm starting to think that it might do something in my gut. Like some minor irritation. Or maybe the sulfide is feeding the sulfur eating bacteria . No idea , it's just a theory.

Did anybody have better results from switching to thiamax ? I'm starting to think the irritation might come from all the bad fillers in ecological formulas allithiamine...

P

Peatness

I'm starting to think the irritation might come from all the bad fillers in ecological formulas allithiamine...
This product contains silica dioxide. Have you looked into your molybdenum status? There is a post on this but I can’t remember who posted it.

Mauritio

This product contains silica dioxide. Have you looked into your molybdenum status? There is a post on this but I can’t remember who posted it.
I'm actually taking 150mcg of molybdenum daily for a few days already. Maybe that's not enough, I dont know ...

Ben.

I'm getting great benefits from allithiamine, but I'm starting to think that it might do something in my gut. Like some minor irritation. Or maybe the sulfide is feeding the sulfur eating bacteria . No idea , it's just a theory.

Did anybody have better results from switching to thiamax ? I'm starting to think the irritation might come from all the bad fillers in ecological formulas allithiamine...

I only ever tried thiamax for allthiamine and as i mentioned somewhere, other than tasting awfull all day long i did not notice to much. I have a second bottle-unopened ... i think you are in germany right? Perhaps i can send it to you if you want? Avoiding the england shipping/tax ...
Didnt get to try the sulbbuthiamine yet that i have sitting around. Wonder how that one works for me.

I guess the trick is finding the right thiamin form and dosage (?).

Mauritio

I only ever tried thiamax for allthiamine and as i mentioned somewhere, other than tasting awfull all day long i did not notice to much. I have a second bottle-unopened ... i think you are in germany right? Perhaps i can send it to you if you want? Avoiding the england shipping/tax ...
Didnt get to try the sulbbuthiamine yet that i have sitting around. Wonder how that one works for me.

I guess the trick is finding the right thiamin form and dosage (?).
That would be nice man ? I'll PM you .

Mauritio

It's possible it could be the product or it could be some sort of healing crisis

If it was a healing crisis I should keep going I guess . Its not even worth beeing called crisis . I just notice more dark circles and my hair seems to be more brittle and prone to falling out and a little girl irritation , which I didnt get with the first dosage btw ,so maybe it is a healing crisis .
But it also might be the silicon dioxide or just feeding the wrong bacteria .

If ben sends me his product we will know. I'm really happy about that, since thiamax seems to be sold out everywhere I looked.
I was already considering TPP .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals