Post Your Experience With B1 Here.

youngsinatra

Hello everyone,

I really enjoy these threads, where you guys share your experiences with the usage of certain compounds.

I would love to hear your experience with thiamin. This could include all forms of thiamin.
(HCL, benfothiamin, allithiamin, TTFD)

I just started experimenting with B1 a few months ago, when I found the YouTube channel EON Nutrition, on which I‘ve found much content on B1.

I just started taking 250-500mg of thiamin HCL for a while, without much effects, except maybe slightly deeper breathing.

I dropped it for a while, but something felt off while doing so. So I started again. Still not much effects. A few days ago I decided to experiment with a higher dosage of B1. I wanted to replicate a study in which scientist gave high doses of B1 for IBS patients. They saw significant reductions in fatigue, a nasty symptom that many of those who have IBS are well aware of. (I have IBS too)

My weight class of the study (90kg) would equal to 1600mg of B1 per day. So I started with 3 x 500mg of B1. So far I am amazed, I don‘t really get fatigued over the course of the day. I have a lot of energy to do work and do things I love. I‘ll definitely continue with this regimen.

At the start I felt a little heart palpitations, but that resided with sufficient magnesium co-administration with each thiamin dose + more potassium through the diet.

Now it‘s your turn to tell your experience. :)

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Funfact:
My alcohol tolerance seems very significantly increased on high dose thiamine. I enjoyed around 12 tequila sunrise yesterday without feeling that much from it. I am holiday at the moment, so that amount of drinking is not a daily-business to me.

thirdcatgy

Hello everyone,

I really enjoy these threads, where you guys share your experiences with the usage of certain compounds.

I would love to hear your experience with thiamin. This could include all forms of thiamin.
(HCL, benfothiamin, allithiamin, TTFD)

I just started experimenting with B1 a few months ago, when I found the YouTube channel EON Nutrition, on which I‘ve found much content on B1.

I just started taking 250-500mg of thiamin HCL for a while, without much effects, except maybe slightly deeper breathing.

I dropped it for a while, but something felt off while doing so. So I started again. Still not much effects. A few days ago I decided to experiment with a higher dosage of B1. I wanted to replicate a study in which scientist gave high doses of B1 for IBS patients. They saw significant reductions in fatigue, a nasty symptom that many of those who have IBS are well aware of. (I have IBS too)

My weight class of the study (90kg) would equal to 1600mg of B1 per day. So I started with 3 x 500mg of B1. So far I am amazed, I don‘t really get fatigued over the course of the day. I have a lot of energy to do work and do things I love. I‘ll definitely continue with this regimen.

At the start I felt a little heart palpitations, but that resided with sufficient magnesium co-administration with each thiamin dose + more potassium through the diet.

Now it‘s your turn to tell your experience. :)

Thanks for the info. I've been taking B1 (50mg) and notice increased energy and better transit. Thiamine is thought to have a positive impact on SIBO so could be tied to that.

BTW, you probably want to make sure to take an extra B-vit complex as B1 at higher doses can deplete others. I use nutritional yeast versus the synthetic B complexes. Tasteless and effective.

pauljacob

I heard or read Dr. Peat say B1 with coffee gives mental clarity, and it actually does. I take half a 250mg pill of Thiamine Mononitrate with my morning (and only cup of coffee), and I feel mentally sharp.

Michael Mohn

I would love to hear your experience with thiamin.

If you enjoy hearing about thiamine you could have read the dozens of already existing threads about thiamine and adding to them instead of starting another identical thread.

x30001

Ttfd seems pretty dopaminergic. Taking 100-300mg everyday for the past couple of days. Feel an increase in body temp, increase in mood and well being and feel more willing to take voluntary action. (Less internal monologue and feel far more practical in doing day to day things)

DB_2014

TTFD improves the blood pooling I have in my legs from POTS disease. It also is the only thing other than caffeine that will cure my constipation. I have to take it daily though with magnesium. Definitely reduces my sugar cravings and improves my blood sugar.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

If you enjoy hearing about thiamine you could have read the dozens of already existing threads about thiamine and adding to them instead of starting another identical thread.
Well that‘s true and in fact I read a lot of threads about it. But I thought a more summarized thread of collective instead individual experiences would be helpful for others, who haven‘t read the dozens of threads.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Ttfd seems pretty dopaminergic. Taking 100-300mg everyday for the past couple of days. Feel an increase in body temp, increase in mood and well being and feel more willing to take voluntary action. (Less internal monologue and feel far more practical in doing day to day things)
I definitely feel the same. My body temperature and pulse seem almost un-disruptable on high dose B1. It‘s also one B-vitamin that doesn‘t seem to crash my blood glucose, like niacinamide or biotin sometimes can. Felt fine taking 500mg B1 with magnesium on an empty stomach.
The last days on B1 I have done so much fun stuff, because I just had so much energy.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

TTFD improves the blood pooling I have in my legs from POTS disease. It also is the only thing other than caffeine that will cure my constipation. I have to take it daily though with magnesium. Definitely reduces my sugar cravings and improves my blood sugar.
Happy to hear that! Oh almost forgot mentioning it. Had some pretty significant dizziness and sometimes vertigo. Just realized that I haven’t had it the last days.

Michael Mohn

Well that‘s true and in fact I read a lot of threads about it. But I thought a more summarized thread of collective instead individual experiences would be helpful for others, who haven‘t read the dozens of threads.
You haven't taken thiamine unless you inject it. IV or subcutaneous. You will see the light :)
I don't feel like writing everything again so I just link you to another thread.

OccamzRazer

I used high-dose B1 as an elite junior cyclist before I turned pro.

It was fantastic for "peaking" before big races. Seemed to really boost V02 max.

With B1 (and other B vitamins and adaptogens) my lactate threshold went up to 5.5 watts/kilo, whereas before that it was stuck at 5.3ish.

Haven't used it since cycling, maybe I should!

Ell

Its an oxidation catalyst. But our bodies don't normally need or get more than a few mgs. of B1 per day. So I've always been leery of taking high doses. A single 200 mg capsule lasts me a month or so.

OccamzRazer

Funfact:
My alcohol tolerance seems very significantly increased on high dose thiamine. I enjoyed around 12 tequila sunrise yesterday without feeling that much from it. I am holiday at the moment, so that amount of drinking is not a daily-business to me.
Wow brother that is pretty impressive. I max out around 2 bottles of wine, maybe B1 could change this lol.

In all seriousness, tho, enjoy - keep enjoying - your holiday!

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Wow brother that is pretty impressive. I max out around 2 bottles of wine, maybe B1 could change this lol.

In all seriousness, tho, enjoy - keep enjoying - your holiday!
I actually repeated the tequila routine for another night (so two days straight) without feeling more than a little more loose. Also no hangover, woke up after 8h of sleep refreshed, no headache and no fatigue or post-party depression.

And by the way tequila sunrise is really delicious, man. And pretty peaty - tequila, fresh orange juice and grenadine syrup.

serling78

Which form is best? I've been taking 100mg of thiamine mononitrate for a couple days and I was hoping for improved digestion, but it's actually gone the other way. I'm very bloated currently and constipated. Maybe it's because I also took some B2 a couple days ago as well and that seems to always cause digestive issues.

But my question is, which is best to try: TTFD or thiamine HCL?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Which form is best? I've been taking 100mg of thiamine mononitrate for a couple days and I was hoping for improved digestion, but it's actually gone the other way. I'm very bloated currently and constipated. Maybe it's because I also took some B2 a couple days ago as well and that seems to always cause digestive issues.

But my question is, which is best to try: TTFD or thiamine HCL?
I have seen many reports of people, who get pretty significant side effects with TTFD, but not with thiamine HCL. I currently do a gram of B1 HCL twice a day.

Motif

How much should be taken to improve super weak digestion? And can this be done longterm ?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

How much should be taken to improve super weak digestion? And can this be done longterm ?
I've heard that @mostlylurking had really good results with 2 grams of thiamin HCL. I've experienced better digestion with that amount too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals