B1

InChristAlone

Honestly I think you’ve comforted me into just going at B1. The lipo is coated which I don’t understand why. I would rather avoid any extra additives. Interesting about the phosphatidylcholine. I’ve read some people incorporating that with b1, complex and mag. I told my wife last night “what if I don’t have tbi, ptsd, that maybe all these symptoms are from thiamine deficiency “.
How are you doing with the B1? I haven't been able to increase my dose much, I get that wired but tired feeling, but it is really helping my anxiety and post meal sugar crashes at just 30 mg a day.

OP
T

theonlyway

How are you doing with the B1? I haven't been able to increase my dose much, I get that wired but tired feeling, but it is really helping my anxiety and post meal sugar crashes at just 30 mg a day.

I was at 50mg feeling generally calm and good. Then the fourth day started having crappy symptoms but I did start vitamin e that day from mito also. It’s so frustrating. I went to an eye exam to have further testing and he thinks I’m getting post concussion issues with my eyes but doesn’t leave out the chronic Lyme and coinfections issue. I’ve read Lyme and bartonella can affect the occipital area inflaming and causing issues. Peat isn’t sold in chronic Lyme and coinfections issues and thinks antibiotics are an easy fix. Azithromycin is shown to not be that effective and All these issues started about a month, month and a half after 3 weeks of azithromycin.

I stopped all supplements a few days ago when I was getting panicky issues. I wish there was a sure way to figure this all out and treat it without guessing. I was wondering if splitting the b1 throughout the day would help more as I felt it was great initially but would wear off in a sense later in the day. I also got thiavite which is a b complex with thiamin hcl 50mg and ttfd 15mg. Haven’t tried it yet though

InChristAlone

I was at 50mg feeling generally calm and good. Then the fourth day started having crappy symptoms but I did start vitamin e that day from mito also. It’s so frustrating. I went to an eye exam to have further testing and he thinks I’m getting post concussion issues with my eyes but doesn’t leave out the chronic Lyme and coinfections issue. I’ve read Lyme and bartonella can affect the occipital area inflaming and causing issues. Peat isn’t sold in chronic Lyme and coinfections issues and thinks antibiotics are an easy fix. Azithromycin is shown to not be that effective and All these issues started about a month, month and a half after 3 weeks of azithromycin.

I stopped all supplements a few days ago when I was getting panicky issues. I wish there was a sure way to figure this all out and treat it without guessing. I was wondering if splitting the b1 throughout the day would help more as I felt it was great initially but would wear off in a sense later in the day. I also got thiavite which is a b complex with thiamin hcl 50mg and ttfd 15mg. Haven’t tried it yet though
The vit E could have been the cause of that. I am focusing only on the thiamine as I have had most of the symptoms of dysautonomia at various points in my life usually coinciding with periods of stress which absolutely use up b vitamins quite quickly. And I know that things could feel worse or just uncomfortable before they get better. My anxiety does stop me from pushing through the uncomfortable sensations, but I am learning to accept it. Accept and allow all thoughts and sensations.

Grapelander

Benfotiamine: Vitamin B1

Benfotiamine, also known as S-benzoylthiamine-O-monophosphate, is a lipid-soluble derivative of vitamin B1 (thiamine) and is absorbed up to 3.6 times more than water-soluble forms. Vitamin B1 is associated with a 120-fold greater increase in the levels of metabolically active thiamine diphosphate. Its lipid solubility allows it to penetrate the nerves more readily. It has been found to provide a higher bioavailability of thiamine than its water-soluble counterparts. Benfotiamine reduces advanced glycation end-products (AGE) by 40%, which has been shown to prevent macro- and microvascular endothelial dysfunction in individuals with type 2 diabetes.

Studies have shown that benfotiamine improves neuropathy scores significantly, increases nerve conduction velocity, and reduces HbA1c and pain. On the Russian market, it is one of the most studied drugs for neuropathic pain. In addition, it lowers inflammation and may be useful for ameliorating the analgesic effect of mu-opioid agonists on neuropathic pain. In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind pilot study and phase III clinical study, investigators demonstrated a pronounced effect on the decrease in pain in conjunction with the previously described benefits. Benfotiamine may also be beneficial in preventing diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. Therapeutic benefits can be seen as early as 3 weeks, with the most significant improvements occurring in patients taking the highest-dose of benfotiamine, that is, 600 mg/day at 6 weeks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals